• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I cannot imagine just what hysterical rumors are being spread around in the coffee houses around Europe, about the impeding pagan hordes of the Americas who has just conquered the Emerald Island.....

And the headlines of the pamphlets and nascent Newspapers on the Continent...

True splotchy purple and red with a yellow cap doesn't compare to Incan brownish. : )

That's a very accurate way to describe the Isles. ;)

Inca always has a good reason for smiting a foe; she brings the wonderful rule of Inca's royalty to newly capture provinces, she brings Inca's brilliant religion, Inca's fashionable brown map colour and, most importantly, she'll intill in her newly won population a healthy fear of diseases and volcanoes!

True, those are important values to spread. :D

You actually recaptured one of your own ships, didn't you :D?

At least two, possibly three actually. Still I lost way more ships than I gained in these Irish wars...

Man, I guess the French are really pissed at Savoy for foiling their fool-proof plan to escape the Inca. There's a good chance they won't manage being annexed by someone else in time to avoid their just desserts. Thanks for another great update.

You're welcome. :) We'll see, it might be a little while before I get around to working on the French region.

This is starting to look easy... Too easy... [Insert here a suspicious eye-narrowing sequence.]

Are you suspecting something fishy? :huh: :D

I'm sure France is not feeling so clever now. Just goes to show there is no running away from the wrath of the Incas.

Their efforts turned out to be in vain!

I cannot imagine just what hysterical rumors are being spread around in the coffee houses around Europe, about the impeding pagan hordes of the Americas who has just conquered the Emerald Island.....

And the headlines of the pamphlets and nascent Newspapers on the Continent...

Yes, it must be a shock when we're suddenly so close. :) Someone might have thought that the stories about the Inca are just tall tales by the colonists - no longer the case!

I expect to update today. If not, then tomorrow.

Next, some action in Iberia by any chance? :)

Could be, could be. ;) Not where you'd expect though...

I'm always suspecting something... :p
And...
Are you going to bring order to the chaotic Europe??

That's the plan. I'm not confident I have enough time left for what I want to do, but that's definitely the plan.

Conquering Ireland is the easy part. Keeping it is another thing all together. The Incas and the Irish have much in common. They love partying and fighting.

I was going to object to the Incas loving fighting, preferring to look at it as them doing what they must, but then I realized it's pretty much true. :D The Inca rule the waves, keeping Ireland under control shouldn't be a problem.

And for what it's worth, leprechauns seem to be pretty bling-bling oriented...

Last edited:
Chapter Sixty-nine
1703-1708

I've been investing full in Government tech lately as it's appeared to be the only category that isn't way ahead of time. I check the files and I'm pretty sure this is a display bug: it should be ahead of time but just isn't showing for some reason. Time to go for something else...

To finish off 1703, Quinipissa converts.

Things of interest in early 1704 include the colonists in Tillamuk striking gold, another core in the U.S. area, Pacific island Tokelau's colonist succeeding, and Baure growing into a city. Then in May, some Protestant missionaries from bordering Nice cause trouble in Benguela.

72_01.jpg

Hey Nice, you're already on the list. No use pushing it, mm'kay?

This is followed by something extremely interesting:

72_02.jpg

I'm very glad I picked up Ellan Vannin now. Could be a while before we can fight a proper war with England after this development.

During the summer colonists are sent to a couple of American inland provinces. The amount of colonies is getting out of hand so I want some finished before I start more faraway ones. Meanwhile, Benguela's colonist succeeds, culture flipping the province.

Bodewadmi converts in September, while a Gold Rush event gives 400 ducats in November. Not a huge sum considering the size of our country and therefore economy, but since I've spent so much cash on universities lately, I can certainly use it.

The colonist we sent to Ovambo succeeds late in the month. Both recently seized colonies are Quechuan now.

Late in December we hear grim news from Europe: Naples has annexed League of Lezhe, our Albanian friend and military access pal. Another of our future victims trying to move to the front of our queue...

72_03.jpg

Hadai converts in January 1705 and Bororo starts producing maize. I recruit the awesome 6/6/5 admiral Titu Cusi Yupanqui Puyu-Vilca and split my grand fleet into two parts of equal size. One stays in the British Isles and the other returns to America.

A February earthquake kills 500 people in Tumaco, bombing it back into colony status. 1600 people die in Pasto as well.

Northern province Eyak grows into a city in April, while my fleet reaches the U.S. coast. I immediately declare war on Spain, still with the Colonialism CB.

72_04.jpg

The war goes much like you'd expect. Spain's largest force in this area is 6000 men, hardly enough to cause any problems for me. The only thing out of the ordinary is the large amount of ships that admiral Puyu-Vilca manages to capture.

We get Government tech level 47 in July. This gives another National Idea, and after some thought I go for Divine Supremacy. My missionary chances are already very good, but I could do with a larger amount of them. Not that the improved chance hurts, mind you.

72_05.jpg

Funny how in vanilla I sometimes can't think of an NI that's of any real use when picking my second one but here I had several interesting options for my ninth.

Tumaco grows back into a city days later and Wai'tu Kubuli converts late in the month. With that, everything east of Hispaniola is Inti.

72_06.jpg

2200 people, or half of the population, die in Caterpe as a volcano erupts. Neighboring Copiapo isn't hit quite so hard but the significantly larger population means that 15700 inhabitants lose their lives there. Twenty-thousand natural disaster related deaths in just half a year!

Hasinay embraces Inti and Lucayas follows suit in October. Tokelau gets lumber as its resource.

We're done with the assaults in October, and Spain seems desperate for peace. We grab the seven provinces that our CB allows.

72_07.jpg

Technically, we've thrown Spain out of the continent in this part, but of course Long Island is connected by a strait.

72_08.jpg

Okay, with that out of the way I think it's time for some more European adventures. But where? I want someone strong so that my entry to the continent is cool enough. Let's check the ledger for army sizes.

72_09.jpg

Hmm, Austria is the only target nation here and they're sort of in the wrong neighborhood. I'd rather deal with the west first and work on Italy and the Balkans later, especially with our "military base" gone due to League of Lezhe's annexation. Next page...

72_10.jpg

Mallorca and Tuscany are the options here. Again, Tuscany is a bit far. Mallorca, meanwhile, is nicely located between Spain, Catalunya and Nice, making it a good place strategically. Mallorca it is! One half of our fleet, the one in America, starts the journey towards Ireland, picking up another twenty-thousand men from South America first.

Kamemtxa loses 1100 people to the plague in December while Harahey and Kiikaapa core. That's handy, we're starting to get cores in the central U.S area - some more and we won't have to recruit our Canadian troops in Central America anymore.

Ovambo, one of the African provinces, turns out to be rather rich as it starts producing ivory. Meanwhile, we slaughter the natives in Samoa and send a colonist.

Yatasi converts in March 1706. We start conversion efforts in our provinces on Hispaniola. Our explorer has reached Japan.

Bororo's maize gets replaced by coffee. I send a colonist - it's suddenly a good province so no reason to neglect it anymore. Kanza cores and Wintoon starts producing fur.

In the late year there are 1400 plague deaths in Yagua, Tunica converts and Bororo reaches city status. As 1707 starts we finally discover Siuslaw, the "hole" on our Pacific coast. We exterminate the locals and Inca replacements are sent immediately.

72_11.jpg

Chippewaa cores in February and Ayiti converts, marking our first success on Hispaniola. We also have forty-thousand troops in ships on the Mallorcan coast and another force of similar size stationed in Fez, just across the Mediterranean. We're ready for war.

72_12.jpg

Fortunately, Mallorca has its sizable army on the Atlantic coast - we'll have made landfall before they can reach the Med.

We gain eleven cores in March, some in the U.S. area, some in Central America but most on the northern coast of South America. These are from the second Spanish war.

Montpelhier is assaulted, giving us a beachhead. The Mallorcan AI's response is best described as hilarious: 4000 Navarran nationalists revolt in Labourd, so sixty-thousand men turn around and start heading towards the rebels.

72_13.jpg

To finish the month we send a spare colonist to South American inland province Nambiquana, and successfully assault Gavaudan. This has been easy going so far with the level 2 forts, but there are larger ones to come.

A small 3000 man army is destroyed, while a 6000 one is forced to flee from Rosello. The province is taken in May.

Also in May, our explorer has pretty much gone around the world and comes back to discover the rest of the Pacific coastline for us.

72_14.jpg

June is a bit of a catastrophe for Mallorca: they try to attack Rosello, but as our fleet is just coming back from Fez with another 20000 men on board, reinforcing our army is easy and the Mallorcan army is utterly annihilated.

72_15.jpg

Benguela grows into a city, notably improving African security, while we catch Mallorca's transport fleet, capturing two 17th Century Galleons and sinking the other four. Maneuver five helps with this stuff.

Mallorca has sent a relatively strong siege force to retake Montpelhier, but we throw it out and eliminate the army in Tolosa in August. One enemy army is damaged in Barcelona, but we're unable to pursue - the vultures have appeared, so I have to concentrate on getting control of enemy provinces first and foremost.

72_16.jpg

We successfully assault Mallorca's capital Girona in September, leading to their fleet leaving port. It's promptly sunk; the numbers are good but it's mostly galleys.

Anadarko, a rather stubborn Catholic enclave in the western part of the U.S., finally sees the light in October. Meanwhile, admiral Pomacapi dies so we promote Sayri Tupac Guaritito, a monster much like admiral Puyu-Vilca.

Spain, Catalunya and Portugal beat us to some sieges, even Norway manages to reach the Baleares first. Catalunya's siege in Cerdanya is the worst - as Girona is the capital, Cerdanya would have been the only way to connect Barcelona and Rosello.

Still, after a few more assaults where I lose pretty much all infantry I had, I'm able to reach a 93 point peace by March 1708. There's no reason to work for a total victory as it wouldn't allow another province.

72_17.jpg

While I would have liked a connected area I guess I'm happy enough with this as my fleet is so strong. There are only three provinces because Barcelona, with its CoT, cost 49 warscore.

We have our foothold.

72_18.jpg

72_19.jpg

I think when planning your invasion of Europe you should have gone for Nice really, it was the the nice choice to make (awful I know but it had to be typed!).

No real surprise that you met with success against Mallorca. Considering that most of Inca's troops will have likely suffered through countless outbreaks of disease and numerous earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, a bit of noise, death and carnage on the battlefield is unlikely to faze them regardless of the opponent!

A table of every natural disaster and the death toll would be amusing.

And suddenly volcanoes, earthquakes, tornadoes, space invaders and meteors started appearing in Western Europe.
The arrival of the Inca Empire was equaled to Armageddon, finally coming to punish Christendom in its sinful pride for their ungodly ambitions to claim lands outside of the Old Continent.

And so the European Campaign begins in earnest. You would think a volcano would have erupted somewhere in West Europe to mark the occasion. Look forward to seeing the toe hold become a full foot stomping revenge on all who made your list.

I recruit the awesome 6/6/5 admiral Titu Cusi Yupanqui Puyu-Vilca and split my grand fleet into two parts of equal size. One stays in the British Isles and the other returns to America.

How far the Inca's have come. Seems only a few centuries ago where the thought of Incan fishermen was laughed at. Now they are in the vanguard of navy supremacy :eek:hmy:

I've only been playing EUIII (DW) for about a month now, only found these fora about 2 weeks ago, found this thread last week and finally managed to catch up to 'current' today! I just wanted to pop in and say great work - it's been a fascinating read! And an example of what seems, at least to this complete noob, to be quite skillful gameplay. I look forward to the further exploits of the Sons of Inti! :D

It took me a few days to read all 68 pages, but I entirely enjoy this AAR :D . Your factual narrative helps me in understanding the details of your expansion, and I learned a thing or two. I wish you good luck in further conquest, all the way to European domination!

That beachhead is nice, given that it is right nextdoor to the spanish heartland. Looks like iberia will be incan in the future :)