• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And now release the modern countries there! :D

No, it's mine! :mad: :laugh:

Nah, the Americas are for the Incas. Releasing countries is for Europe.

Congrats on the wars going as planned, Malurous. Pity those colonies take so much time and effort to siege.

Thanks, and agreed, Americas are for us to own. Yeah, plenty of land there and some strong forts.

Driving the infidels from your lands is such tough work. At least now you can rest with a good smoke. At least until the earthquake-volcano-smallpox epidemic strikes.

Haha, I guess it's not a healthy place to live in at the best of times. Maybe the hope is to gain some level of tolerance for all the volcanic fumes by smoking? :p

Damn those colonies take so much effort to siege..

That's why I prefer assaulting. But I can't do that if my soldiers decide that they want to die... ;)

Clearly the problem is that your troops have become so used to high casaulties caused by natural disaster that they are trying to replicate said high casaulties when assaulting!

A good theory. Maybe dying has become such a cornerstone of the Inca society that the people are now striving for it? If that's the case, something tells me that YHC might be involved...

Good stuff on the whole, just irksome that it is proving so difficult to take control of the colonies. Do you have another heir yet by the way? Surely this is not the end of Inca's august royal family!

Thanks. No heir unfortunately. :eek: Hopefully this ends well.

This game is turning into a bit of a grind though. How many wars until you control the America's? Two? Three?

More than that, but it'll become a case of just tying any loose ends very soon. It's true that finishing Americas isn't maybe the most inspiring stuff - the journey that is, the destination is cool enough. :D I'll start working on other things real soon as the American campaigns are getting easier and easier to coordinate due to the shrinking enemy territory.

Nice piece of real estate you got there, though it is true that with all its extra provinces this mod makes conquest that much slower.

Yeah it does. But that also makes reaching your goals more rewarding. :)

Another successful session of beating the Europeans. And developing the potential in Hawaii!

Successful yes, but not necessarily pretty... Yes, what with all the progress in America it's time to look overseas, and Hawaii is as good a starting point as any. In fact, I probably should have gone there earlier as a jumping-off point for later colonization, but I guess now isn't too late as I still have colonizing to do at home anyway.

Another war with Spain and Portugal and allies. They don't seem too keen on bringing reinforcements from Europe to fight. As the area they control in the Americas contracts, it'll be harder to gain the warscore to take them apart. You'll soon have to attack their homelands.

So who has Hawaii?

As some of you might know, I've been away from home for the past two weeks and will be for over a month still, and my Internet access is limited for that time. I do try to post updates when I have the opportunity, but it remains to be seen how often that is. What is certain, however, is that one will go up now.

Another war with Spain and Portugal and allies. They don't seem too keen on bringing reinforcements from Europe to fight. As the area they control in the Americas contracts, it'll be harder to gain the warscore to take them apart. You'll soon have to attack their homelands.

So who has Hawaii?

They do try to move in troops, but I sink their fleets. And true, occupying American land won't be enough forever.

Hawaii has Hawaii. :)

Chapter Sixty-five
1686-1690

The recently smallpox nuked Tanasi grows back into a city in March. Wayuu then sees the light and becomes an Inti province.

My tech levels (actually not the latest ones I believe, but I noticed the availability now) now allow me to take some of the factory construction decisions. I look for provinces with a good population modifier but a bad resource and build three rum factories and one furniture one, all that I can with my current resources etc.

68_01.jpg

As a result, the original resource is replaced with the one the factory produces. The furniture factory is especially lucrative, making Tilantango one of my richest provinces.

68_02.jpg

I also get a nice enough producer bonus for rum.

68_03.jpg

I start building ten twodeckers in the summer. Other than that, I'm mostly taking care of the colonies and slaughtering some natives to make room for more. Tending to them pays off as UmoNhoN and Wahpekute reach city status in August.

One of my bigger fleets has finished its journey, sailing to the Pacific side of America, picking up some troops and heading to Hawaii. War is declared in late September.

68_04.jpg

Unsurprisingly, Hawaii's armies aren't much of a threat. However, they do have level 3 forts in both provinces (sounds fun considering the area we're talking about) and I don't think it's feasible to organize assaults of that magnitude here. To take care of the matter, I brought two siege 3 generals and some artillery.

Land tech 41 is discovered in December, enabling Latin Hussars. This may be a bit ridiculous, but they're still worse than my New World Dragoons.

We also discover Yakama northwest of our current lands, giving us a way through all the wastelands in the area. An army is dispatched immediately to kill the natives in order to facilitate colonization.

68_05.jpg

I get a mission to colonize Piaui, a South American province, so I do, getting a free colonist. New mission is to colonize the adjacent Kraho.

Dilzhe'e grows into a city late in the month, allowing me to send a colonist to Aha macauc further up the Pacific coast.

68_06.jpg

Naval tech 39 is reached in January 1687, while Paumari (one of the "paths" through Amazonia) cores in February. Pacaraima converts in April, while my explorer has discovered most of the ocean north of Hawaii.

Ypandi converts in May. This is significant as it's the first missionary success in the US area - I was able to start converting here as all of my Central and South American provinces that aren't Inti have a missionary already!

Wahpatowan grows into a city in May. The next month, disaster strikes as over 14000 people die of plague in Oaxtepec. It's an unlucky location as losing people in a high population cocoa province leads to an exceptionally large income loss compared to what such a disaster would typically cause.

Karankawa embraces Inti in July, while Piaui starts producing sugar. The rest of the year is almost totally silent, featuring nothing of note except the conversion of Waraoni.

I commission another twelve transports in the beginning of 1688. It may seem like overkill right now, but the Iberian wars are getting so simple that I'm going to need other stuff to do besides the normal five year cycle, and if it's going to be something more complex than the current Hawaii conflict I'm going to need increased transport capacity.

We discover land tech level 42 in February. I decide to keep pushing in that category despite being quite a bit ahead of time - the next level gives a better infantry type.

68_07.jpg

Tonkawa converts in March, while a pretty interesting war starts in 1688 as Geneve ends up fighting both Scotland and Wales. Nothing seems to come out of it however.

Waimiri becomes Inti in July, and Kiliwa in Baja California gets a colonist.

68_08.jpg

In August, Piaui grows into a city and Tunebo converts. I also complete my mission to colonize Kraho, and get a new one to colonize another South American province, Guajajara.

The next month our explorer finds Futuna, some small islands that we barely have the range to colonize (but won't just yet), near the southwestern corner of the map. We also located Kiribati earlier but didn't get the discovery for the actual land province.

Karaja cores in October and Assurini in November, while Pech gets converted. With that, there's only one Catholic province left in Central America.

December sees the conversion of Auia, in Texas. Guanipa is the next one in March 1689, leaving continental South America with only one Catholic province as well.

Tokelau, another group of small islands in the Pacific ocean, is discovered in April. June is eventful as Tupi cores, the siege of Hawai'i is finally finished and we get land tech 43 for the White Coat Infantry. I immediately switch.

68_09.jpg

Tembe cores in August, once again near the Atlantic coast of South America. O'odhame on the Pacific coast near the US-Mexican border grows into a city the next month. Kiliwa then starts producing fur.

The Spanish truce ended in August but I had to wait until October for the infantry morale to replenish after the unit type change. War is declared when that's taken care of.

68_10.jpg

I have a strong presence on the Spanish border while the enemy looks pretty weak. I move troops in in several spots, with the southern army drawing first blood when an assault on Apalachicola succeeds late in the month.

Guachichil cores in November, while 9000 people die of plague in Moche. Why do these keep hitting the prosperous provinces now?

Small Spanish armies are destroyed late in the year and a handful of provinces fall. The successful assault on Attawadaron, the northernmost Spanish border province, is the most important one as three of my armies combined to take down a level 3 fort.

Oahu finally falls in January 1690 after a 1136 day siege. Hawaii is annexed.

68_11.jpg

Both provinces are very rich. They're my first provinces that count as overseas however. Unsurprisingly, I have no problem keeping tariff efficiency up...

Kraho gets maize as its resource while events start firing very soon, giving me the numerous building upgrades that Hawaii had been kind enough to take in their provinces.

Two more Spanish provinces fall in February, while I take down a relatively powerful army that the Spanish were able to put together.

68_12.jpg

Two of the three armies I combined to take care of that battle pursue, while the damaged and demoralized third one heads home to rest.

After one Spanish province is occupied in March and another in May, I only need one more. White peace is signed with Norway and Catalunya.

Aha macauc grows into a city in June, so I keep moving up the Pacific coast by sending a colonist to Payomkowishum.

68_13.jpg

Kraho reaches city status as well. Also, Kalapuya is discovered in the north and a colonist is sent.

68_14.jpg

Hawaii was nice enough to heavily upgrade their religious buildings, giving me a missionary chance of over 40% in Oahu and 74% in Hawai'i. That's sick. These become the top converting priorities as they shouldn't take long.

Yakama starts producing lumber in July, while Aha macauc gets fish days later. A colonist is sent to Guajajara as I might as well finish the mission.

An assault stack arrives in the last target province and it's taken in September. The large Spanish army has been ping-ponged several times, and I wait for its elimination in October in order to leave them weaker in the region. Peace is then signed, giving me another layer of Spanish land. Also notable is the annulment of treaties with Portugal - hopefully I can catch Portugal alone when that truce runs out.

68_15.jpg

68_16.jpg

So, we've actually pushed through to the Atlantic coast in one spot. In honor of that and the acquisition of Hawaii: the world map.

68_17.jpg

Last edited:
Just caught up with this AAR, fantastic effort so far, particularly enjoyed the tense period when the Europeans arrived but prior to westernisation.

We also discover Yakama northwest of our current lands, giving us a way through all the wastelands in the area. An army is dispatched immediately to kill the natives in order to facilitate colonization.

I liked this line in your most recent update, have the Inca's effectively become to North America what the Spanish and Portuguese would have been to Central and South America were it not for you?

What a beast of a nation. Nice expansions, and a well fought (if maybe a little tedious for you) war against Spain. Just think, as soon as the homelands are clear the real fun against Europe can start! : )

I really pity the Spanish speaking Colonists on the Eastern Seaboard. How many times in the past century have they seen Inti armies sweep out of the Applachains to raze their cities, salt their promised virgin lands and slaughter, rape and enslave thousands, only to retreat when Imperial authorities bribe these heathen with more land that they have virtually lost control of anyway? By the way, after two centuries of smallpox epidemics, you'd think that the effects of Small-pox would be much less devastating on Incan Cities.....

Just caught up with this AAR, fantastic effort so far, particularly enjoyed the tense period when the Europeans arrived but prior to westernisation.

Thank you, good to have another reader - the thread is starting to get long enough that catching up isn't that easy to do. :D Yeah, westernization didn't really come easy here, but at least it made things interesting.

I liked this line in your most recent update, have the Inca's effectively become to North America what the Spanish and Portuguese would have been to Central and South America were it not for you?

Rest assured, the "native natives" are way, way worse off with the Incas than with the Iberians. At least they didn't systematically slaughter everyone they could get their hands on like we do. ;)

What a beast of a nation. Nice expansions, and a well fought (if maybe a little tedious for you) war against Spain. Just think, as soon as the homelands are clear the real fun against Europe can start! : )

Thanks, this was actually a nice enough war. Nothing frustrating there, many assaults succeeded on first try and the enemy was willing to negotiate when I was ready.

I really pity the Spanish speaking Colonists on the Eastern Seaboard. How many times in the past century have they seen Inti armies sweep out of the Applachains to raze their cities, salt their promised virgin lands and slaughter, rape and enslave thousands, only to retreat when Imperial authorities bribe these heathen with more land that they have virtually lost control of anyway? By the way, after two centuries of smallpox epidemics, you'd think that the effects of Small-pox would be much less devastating on Incan Cities.....

Heh, you'd think so. :) The suffering of the colonists is clearly the Iberians' fault and not mine - if they just gave me everything willingly, I'd never have to occupy a province more than once! :D

And welcome to the thread to you as well!

Rest assured, the "native natives" are way, way worse off with the Incas than with the Iberians. At least they didn't systematically slaughter everyone they could get their hands on like we do. ;)

Or at least not as wholesale? Also, they had diseases - as you no doubt have noticed, between all the volcanic eruptions and earthquakes ;)

I commission another twelve transports in the beginning of 1688. It may seem like overkill right now, but the Iberian wars are getting so simple that I'm going to need other stuff to do besides the normal five year cycle, and if it's going to be something more complex than the current Hawaii conflict I'm going to need increased transport capacity.

Sounds promising, I look forward to finding out what you have in mind. At least the normal five year cycle is continuing to provide you with considerable gains, Spain handing over quite a large chunk of land in this most recent war.

Hawaii had Hawaii. Two more provinces to have volcanic eruptions in, now. Somehow , I just can't summon any sympathy for those Spanish colonists.
I suspect those Korean colonies are going to experience the Incan way of war and everyone knows the Incans originated in Incastralia.

There are plenty of Siberian lands avaialble for colonisation.
Since I am feeling especially YHC, a war against Japan would make a very suitable base for western expansion

Japan would be nice but I expect it won't be as easy to invade as Hawaii.

Portugal has now the largest chunk of foreign land in North America... Are the Canadian provinces as 'granular' as in the eastern seaboard?

Do the Japanese really deserve 90% population loss due to the volcanic eruption that usually follows a visit from the Inca?

The Atlanctic Sea Board reached - congrats!
Must be a bit of a headache running such a vast empire. Tha won't stop you from making it even vaster, right? ;)

I see the top priority is securing the Americas, but with the Hawaii acquisition do you have any other paths for expansion on your mind?

Yay, new update and the promise of further bold warfar... erm adventures.

I like the direction you're heading. Hawai surely beckons either colonial undertakings or the riches of Asia. A Sapa Inca needs something to do while waiting for the truces to expire, after all.

Once you get into Europe you might want to ally with that Mega-Morocco. Not for military reasons but to show that you are willing to work together with those who wisely colonised Africa, not America. A Muslim-Inti alliance might be the best chance for world peace after 1820.