+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 31 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1531

Thread: Children of the Sun - a Cuzco MEIOU AAR

The Guardian of Divergences Athalcor's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic

Let's go for Tejas!
    All Hail Britannia - a V2 AAR - awarded the Weekly AAR Showcase on 6/15/14, came 2nd in the 2014 Q2 ACAs.

I want you to vote in the Q3 2014 ACAs! Make your favourite AARers bathe in your votes!

My two other shamefully abandoned AARs...(there is also a third one hiding in the corners of the V2 AARland, not even worth linking)

You're again posting in midnight
    Nothing to say.

Fan of the Week - 31 July, 2011

A bunny with a hat Moderator Nikolai II's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Divine WindFor The GloryGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldRome: Vae Victis
    Hoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFish View Post
    Given that it certainly takes a while to write the long replies to our posts (and the AAR:s themselves), would you rather the AAR posts be postponed into the late morning, or next days afternoon?

I say thee nay, and see it as a nice breakfast tidbit, or a happy surprise. (Or did you just want to post "first"? )
    FSM! I am convinced. Are you?
    IPU! I have faith. Do you?

GENERATION 33: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Axe27 View Post
    America for (native) Americans!
    Sounds extreme but, well, that's what we're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    Ha! Great update, and an exciting conclusion. How is your army tech compared to Spain? Do they have Military Drill or something similar?
    Cheers! I lead them in land tech by a few levels, I'm not sure about Ideas but I don't think they have an advantage in those. I can think of four reasons for these losses:

1) Obviously, on some occasions the Spanish had more troops because they had more than I was willing to bring to one province. I'd rather lose a battle when I'm sure I can win on the second or third try rather than take a huge WE hit.
    2) Just as obviously, my brain fart led to no general for that one battle.
    3) I have no artillery in this region. Because of all the TI pushing, I've sacrificed staying power for mobility. It would make sense to have one army with artillery that stays home, but I haven't gotten around to that yet as I can still grind it out without one.
    4) I have New World cavalry. While they're killing machines - especially when I first got them because their shock and fire pips were unreal at that point in time, but even now they're considerably better than what Western cavalry has - they have quite low morale for the second half of the 17th century. The first Western cavalry type that reaches my dragoons' killing potential is the Carabinier at land tech 55, so I expect to have this "problem" for nearly a century still. Of course, if it turns out that I can't win battles at all at some point, I'll have to make an earlier change.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Ragusa View Post
    Spain weakened by its loss of CoTs. All those body bags sent home. DOWing Portugal before peacing out with Spain means no Spainish involvement push on and take more territory this time offthe Portuguese. I'm sure you're already heating the coals to give the English and Mallorcans a warm welcome when they arrive.
    Indeed. Honestly, I don't expect too much action from anyone but the Portuguese.

Spain's navy was reduced significantly and their under strength regiments were destroyed, so this might enable Spain to bounce back (as they have an easier time supporting their military and might get a manpower pool again). But it'll certainly be harder to do without Barcelona.

Quote Originally Posted by Zzzzz... View Post
    C'mon, Spain! Help your ally, the Portuguese! Mwahahahaha!
    Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris ze Spider View Post
    Do you have any plans in the Carribean?
    Yes I do. However, as I've used the Colonialism CB so far, those are full price. I will make Imperialism DoWs at some point and grab some islands.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperhawkZ View Post
    Mallorca in this AAR makes me lol
    Hehe, they're an opportunistic bunch, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Athalcor View Post
    Let's go for Tejas!
    That's the plan (or part of it).

I watched an NHL game and posted straight after.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolai II View Post
    Given that it certainly takes a while to write the long replies to our posts (and the AAR:s themselves), would you rather the AAR posts be postponed into the late morning, or next days afternoon?

I say thee nay, and see it as a nice breakfast tidbit, or a happy surprise. (Or did you just want to post "first"? )
    You emu'd my feedback post, kind of!

There's a lot of truth here, especially now that my life is quite hectic (don't expect too many weekday updates in the short term...). It's often a choice between posting an update at midnight and then going to sleep or going to sleep at 11 pm and not updating until a few days later.
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

BAH ! I just want that he sleeps enought
    Nothing to say.

Fan of the Week - 31 July, 2011

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

What?! Never! Malurous should be playing and writing 24/7 to bring us more excellent updates!

An excellent update this one certainly is. Spain are a mere shadow of their former selves and I think it fare to say you are now the power in the Americas, cracking stuff.
    This AAR Soks
    WritAAR of the Week: 8 January 2012 and Weekly AAR Showcase: 15 April 2012

Are you Deshtined to suffer another kiss?
    Favourite EU Comedy AAR AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 (Q3) and 2011 (Q3)
    Character Writer of the Week: 5 December 2010

My Inkwell - Warning! This content is rated EP: Extremely Poor
    Fan of the Week: 7 September 2010, 27 February 2011 and 26 April 2012

Darkest Hour

I love that after you assault a province "the garrison was allowed to march out, keeping its flags and arms". Zombie Spaniards!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMagicka
    Sword of the Stars500k club

Myeah. There should be a choice to -not- allow the garrison to march out.
    "Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
    -- Ludwig von Beethoven

Boris ze Spider: I have a question, was this just luck, or?
    EUROO7: No, this was Randy's black magic.
    Boris ze Spider: Lesson learned, always trust Randy's black magic.

*** Current Overseer of BloodCarnage, a Dwarf Fortress Succession Game. Get dorfed today! ***

Holder of the sacred Eurobuck of Immunity

The future scares me. It should scare you too!

52 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

One continent purged, onwards to next! +1

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

You're on the roll! Are you going to be equally cruel to Mallorca as to Spain and Portugal?
    And Aragon is your ally now. Planning to protect it?

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection

Well done, now to hit the Iberians again
    I was Sir blsteen, Knight of the Eastern West... in :One Last HurRAAh: A Milanese Empire Interactive AAR:

I was FOTW 11/25/09 and 9/12/10

Darkest HourDivine WindVictoria 2

Vancouver BC, Former British Dominion called Canada
    Is there any way to tell your population ingame? Because it would be awesome to know.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegio
    Leviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuSword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Congrats, Malurous! You are the WritAAR of the Week!
    Active:
    Random World Order(EU4, Random)

Past:
    Beyond Tannenberg IV: The More Things Change(EU4, Teutonic Order, COMPLETE (Defeated))
    Beyond Tannenberg III: The Last Crusade (EU3, Teutonic Order, COMPLETE (Corrupt Save))
    Resurrection: Rebirth of the United States COMPLETED!
    CatKnight's Inkwell

Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic

Gratz to the Sun God of the Inca!
    All Hail Britannia - a V2 AAR - awarded the Weekly AAR Showcase on 6/15/14, came 2nd in the 2014 Q2 ACAs.

I want you to vote in the Q3 2014 ACAs! Make your favourite AARers bathe in your votes!

My two other shamefully abandoned AARs...(there is also a third one hiding in the corners of the V2 AARland, not even worth linking)

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Congrats!
    “Whenever the Germans found the Canadian Corps coming into the line they prepared for the worst.”
    -British Prime Minister David Lloyd George

1 Student
    Nationality: Anglo Canadian
    Religion: Atheist
    Ideology: Social Democratic
    Issues: Pro Military
    Militancy: 0 (+0)
    Consciousness: 9 (+1.63)

Congrats! That is well deserved, imho.

(and on a completely unrelated note, I won this game! Cheers for me too! )
    "Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
    -- Ludwig von Beethoven

*** Current Overseer of BloodCarnage, a Dwarf Fortress Succession Game. Get dorfed today! ***

Quote Originally Posted by randakar View Post

hey, you have to spam WW everywhere? Not that I would mind some publicity for it...btw, I have received CKV for free. How about you?

hey, you have to spam WW everywhere? Not that I would mind some publicity for it...btw, I have received CKV for free. How about you?
    I'm just happy about the way this game ended. Thought I'd spread the joy.
    As for CK .. yeah, I got it. Still have to set it up but it's nice.

But like I said - drifting completely off topic here. Unless you can play the Inca's in CK, at least, and are suggesting we prod Malurous to recreate his empire in CK
    -- Ludwig von Beethoven

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

No worries, I sleep more in the weekend if I have to!

Quote Originally Posted by morningSIDEr View Post
    What?! Never! Malurous should be playing and writing 24/7 to bring us more excellent updates!

An excellent update this one certainly is. Spain are a mere shadow of their former selves and I think it fare to say you are now the power in the Americas, cracking stuff.
    Thanks! Apart from the very north Spain shouldn't be able to expand, so it's just a matter of slowly eating their remaining land.

Let's just say that updates written while dead tired tend to be of subpar quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireaxe888 View Post
    I love that after you assault a province "the garrison was allowed to march out, keeping its flags and arms". Zombie Spaniards!
    Go ahead corpses, march out if you can. Mwahahaha!

Myeah. There should be a choice to -not- allow the garrison to march out.
    We let them keep their arms, but as you might notice it says nothing about legs. So it isn't much use to them when we "allow" them to march out, because they aren't able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Enewald View Post
    One continent purged, onwards to next! +1
    Sounds like a plan!

Quote Originally Posted by gabor View Post
    You're on the roll! Are you going to be equally cruel to Mallorca as to Spain and Portugal?
    And Aragon is your ally now. Planning to protect it?
    Depends on what Mallorca does. If they sit back and do nothing, I don't have a problem with them. On the other hand, if they try to attack me, they are doomed.

Hmm, I haven't made a decision on Aragon yet.

Quote Originally Posted by blsteen View Post
    Well done, now to hit the Iberians again
    Will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliasing View Post
    Is there any way to tell your population ingame? Because it would be awesome to know.
    Not that I know of. Besides, I believe that population isn't even shown, only urban population.

Quote Originally Posted by CatKnight View Post
    Congrats, Malurous! You are the WritAAR of the Week!
    Thanks a lot! I won't do another "acceptance speech" here as I did it in that thread, so I'll just note that I'm going to need an Inkwell soon - my signature's getting a bit crowded!

Gratz to the Sun God of the Inca!
    Praise Inti!

Quote Originally Posted by ViperhawkZ View Post
    Congrats!
    Cheers!

Thank you! Okay, congrats for that one. I don't really know Werewolf...

True, that might be a bit questionable if it's indeed widespread. I don't have much of a problem with it myself.

While I already had both CK and DV, I'm glad to have CK in GamersGate now. No need to lug the disc around if I don't want to.

But like I said - drifting completely off topic here. Unless you can play the Inca's in CK, at least, and are suggesting we prod Malurous to recreate his empire in CK
    Heh, having no America in the game kind of prevents this!
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

It must be hard to cope withthose new world dragoons and the military advantage they give you. You bear up under the strain rather well, though. Spain you have more of less boxed in, Portugal is still spreading like some contagion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 31 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast