• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That England doesn't look that bad. I had an situation where AI England was divided up between Scotland, Wales and the Papal States.

Hopefully soon the Inca will have a grand fleet that can be as firewood for the surviving sailors after you've fought your first battle with a Europan navy!

Promising developments!
And yes I'd like to know a little bit about this Great Khan as well. Any news on his views on decorative gravel?

:rofl::rofl:
Probably, uses his captured rebels as slaves crushing rocks. Into tiny pieces. Hence, its a stimulus/jobs program.

I'm sorry if someone is falling behind, but my backlog is getting out of hand so I have no choice but to update again. :D

Re: the Great Khan - as Omen has pointed out, it seems to be pretty rare and I also haven't seen it before. Apparently, an Altaic nation has to have a really good ruler to get it, and then they get free regiments and leaders including conquistadors, CBs, a morale bonus, a LOT of extra manpower, and other goodies. I welcomed it with much anticipation, but judging by the information I have access to (F12 map, essentially) there isn't much effect at least in the early years. :( Hopefully that changes later on, it would be neat.

Ahh, the fleet begins and the Regency. Nice consolidation phase, too bad about the Dutch getting their turf back

Yeah, Netherlands will be harder to handle than a land oriented Austria would have been... It's at least good that the regency comes at a time when I'm busy with colonization anyway.

That epic fleet will just get better.

Seeing that it only has cogs by this point, it'd better. :p

I lol'd at the Mutapan marriage offer.

Oh the good old Commissions of Paintings and Conversions of Bio Bio - without them this AAR wouldn't be right...

Haha true, some things never change. :D Mutapa is the only option I have, and RM is good for legitimacy, so I want to get that done even if it is a bit strange.

Finally tariffs bringing money? :D

Yup. :) Even though naval tech progressed quickly, it probably would have been optimal to build some crappy small ships earlier. But I need actual cash more than I do monthly income, and the income increase I get now is too small for the hassle anyway. :D

I love your kings who don't know how to manage nation but know how to kick Euro ass ^^

Well, Tupac Hualpa II did one heck of a job managing the nation. ;) But it's true that we're leaning towards the other thing now. :p

Promising developments!

And yes I'd like to know a little bit about this Great Khan as well. Any news on his views on decorative gravel?

Thanks! You're making fun of yourself now? :rofl:

Yes! Inca navy! :D

That, and it'll be a pretty strong one when my project is finished. :)

The new navy is large enough to bring you full tariffs. How much extra income is that?

Perhaps 7 years is a short war, to some people.

Still, it shouldn't be categorized as such by EU III. :D

About 180 ducats a year, making it my smallest income category, even behind harbor fees. It's less than two percent of the total.

That was quite a list of paintings commissioned. Is there an art gallery that can be built to house all of them?

How long until this regency ends and Portugal can be persuaded to give up some land? Don't suppose you could try buying the provinces off Portugal, is there?

Not long anymore: five years or so. EU III doesn't have a "buy province" option.

I have to admit, I don't really understand how this "get artists to paint five great paintings in one day, then turn them into a really good diplomat" thing works, so I don't know. Are the paintings available for gallery use or are they somehow used up in the process? :confused:

The incas are truely seafaring people.

We soon will be! :D

That England doesn't look that bad. I had an situation where AI England was divided up between Scotland, Wales and the Papal States.

Hopefully soon the Inca will have a grand fleet that can be as firewood for the surviving sailors after you've fought your first battle with a Europan navy!

Hehe, it should be noted that the British Isles have been worse in the past and will again be worse in the future. ;)

It won't be long until such a battle - it's not right around the corner either, but not long.

:rofl::rofl:
Probably, uses his captured rebels as slaves crushing rocks. Into tiny pieces. Hence, its a stimulus/jobs program.

How about using them as striking weapons to crush rocks? Yeah, they're a bit soft for that, but that just means that you have to hit harder. :D

Last edited:
Chapter Forty-seven
1634-1638

Parakana, the only inland province we seized, becomes a city in April.

Like I suspected in the previous update, Wayapi's fish producing days don't last long. Cacao becomes the new resource in June.

Half of Zacapoaxtla dies in a September earthquake. That's at least a good try - perhaps becoming Inca cores increased the risks in Mesoamerica? - although the absolute number is just 3200 people. Neighboring Tilantango loses 2000 people as well.

Aparai becomes the second province that upgrades resources twice, going from maize to sugar earlier and finally striking gold in November.

Guess what happens in December? An old friend is back...

50_01.jpg

That's right, France. If it was any other tag resurfacing as a two province minor between powers like that I wouldn't give it much of a chance of survival, but you always have to give these guys the benefit of the doubt.

Cajamarca loses just under 5000 people to plague in January 1635, sending a big "nyah nyah nyah" to the Mesoamerican provinces.

We reach trade tech level 27 in March, while Luxembourg tries to be the next surprise rising. During the spring, they annex Trier (they're seen in the process of that in the previous shot) and attack Lorraine.

With the formerly English provinces all but complete, I finally send a colonist to Moxos to lift it to city status in June. A month later Wayapi becomes a city, finishing the English saga for now.

I've noticed increased activity in Tuscany's colonies - they've been shipping men in at an alarming rate. I fear they might feel threatened by their new Inca neighbors, so I place my next colony with care. I mean, I don't want to offend anyone by stepping on their toes.

50_02.jpg

I trust that will relieve any fears they might have had. Kuruya produces brazilwood.

We've also been building more troops in part due to the Tuscan shipping. I now have a total of 273 k.

We finally manage to form ties with our fellow pagans in February 1636.

50_03.jpg

That gives us a little bit of legitimacy, and it would be absolutely hilarious if they got a PU on us. I mean, I of course don't wish that, but it WOULD be hilarious.

We get naval tech 28 (San Martin galleon) in April. I start building my first ~30 big ships - I believe that this ship type is good enough to handle anything the Europeans can throw at me right now if I have the numbers, and besides, I won't be getting a better model any time soon.

The nasty part is that these ships cost more than 90 ducats a pop.

Also with that tech level, Naval becomes the second category where I don't get maximum neighbor bonus anymore.

In June we get government tech 28 and our next Idea. My choice? Nothing. Here's why:

50_04.jpg

Regimental System is a very, very good NI and I'm one land tech level away from being able to take it. So I'll just keep that slot empty until I advance a level.

I also move my national focus to Cueva.

50_05.jpg

This isn't that useful right now, but I expect to be able to convert these lands at some point, and afterwards the national focus will be available earlier than if I waited now. I build religious buildings in these provinces as they'll help the conversion chance.

Savoy becomes the next HRE. This actually matters to me - unless their ruler dies soon, I expect to be fighting HRE nations before he's gone. So this is good: as a land-locked nation, Savoy has no way of threatening my homeland.

I kill the natives in Paumari and colonize it in January 1637. It starts producing sugar eventually.

50_06.jpg

Another nice province in that it makes our connections better.

By this point, something interesting has happened in Brazil. England has replaced their lost colonies rapidly, going from one Brazilian colony to four since then.

50_07.jpg

I get land tech 30 in April - time to take the aforementioned Idea. The effects are quite nice. That 10 % force limit bonus, for instance, seems to be tailor-made for me: I'm now at 273/273. That bonus lifted the limit right to my army size!

Of course, the discipline addition (I'm at a very healthy 120 % now) and speed bonuses to reinforcing and recruitment are the bigger benefits, but I'm pretty much broke so getting under force limit is good.

Land tech 30 also has a negative side. At that point, you start getting artillery cost penalties if you don't have iron (or steel).

50_08.jpg

I remember something funny that I noticed earlier with England but forgot to say, and now see with Tuscany and Spain: they all consider me a threat, but at the same time have the mission "Conquer Inca". MEIOU has a specific conquest mission for each of the Native American tribes and they require ending that tribe's existence. I figure this specific mission is supposed to be a bit easier than it is in this case.

Kuruya grows into a city in July. Good, its location is a bit precarious so it's a relief to get it fortified.

In late 1637 we sail around Cape Horn for the first time. I'm gathering together ships built on both coasts of Mexico as well as the Pacific coast of South America. The fleet is eventually positioned in Brazil, while I build some more ships in Mexico.

A slider move becomes available in January 1638 and I move Expansionist.

50_09.jpg

The result is extremely useful: I now get a colonist pretty much every month!

50_10.jpg

As Paumari grows into a city in April, I send some armies to the jungle to slaughter natives in the next colonization targets. I find it hilarious in a twisted way that I treat these guys way worse than the Iberians do. Hmm, or maybe we let them retain their freedom in death while the Iberians humiliate them by inviting them to live in their midst, causing them to abandon their customs and traditions. Yeah, that sounds about right.

Meanwhile, Moxos starts producing cacao, upgrading from maize.

Land tech 31 gives me better artillery. With this in mind, I build a few more artillery regiments.

50_11.jpg

In July I decide to send a colonist to Guachichil, the province west of the Portuguese holdings that are north of my Mesoamerican lands. We'll see how that goes.

More conventionally, I colonize Karaja and Assurini in the autumn.

50_12.jpg

I get a nice MEIOU event in Cueva that I don't think we've seen in this game yet - I get to trade in 25 ducats for a point of base tax.

50_13.jpg

Then in November, we have a grand moment. Differences in total ship amount, technology, sliders, ideas, alliances etc. mean that I'm not exactly safe on the seas, but Inca Empire now leads the world in big ships - pretty good for a nation that never had a warship until four years ago.

50_14.jpg

Unfortunately, I can't afford much more (I do build a couple of small ships).

It's all looking pretty good: getting a Sapa Inca is right around the corner, and I trust that my fleet can handle anyone that isn't from Iberia as long as I keep it together, heck, I have the third most ships overall. Of course, that isn't as good as it sounds when your biggest rivals are the Iberians.

Nice update - btw who is in charge of Paris?

Thanks. OPM Orleans, they broke away quite soon after Nice had eaten France. I probably should have mentioned it, seeing the province in question, but it happened during the Spanish war so it got lost in the shuffle.

Savoy becomes the next HRE. This actually matters to me - unless their ruler dies soon, I expect to be fighting HRE nations before he's gone. So this is good: as a land-locked nation, Savoy has no way of threatening my homeland.

Not that they could threaten you anyway what with your marvellous fleet and strong seafaring traditions! Good stuff, nice to France appear once more, well nice when you are countless miles from them anyway. You certainly seem to be in a strong condition now, especially with the new idea.

I suppose as long as you keep your fleet together you can stand off the smaller ship fleets.

The Khan event is promising, especially as it in on a whole other continent. As we know from other AARs, no horde nation can cross seas . . . without gravel.

What do you see as your next step? Mopping up the small colonizers, or kicking Portuguese buttock?

Not that they could threaten you anyway what with your marvellous fleet and strong seafaring traditions! Good stuff, nice to France appear once more, well nice when you are countless miles from them anyway. You certainly seem to be in a strong condition now, especially with the new idea.

Yeah, the fleet makes a huge difference of course. :) Regarding the seafaring traditions, I suppose it's nice that Hardy Seamen are useful now. :D

I suppose as long as you keep your fleet together you can stand off the smaller ship fleets.

This. Apart from Spain, I don't think I have to fear anyone. As the AI doesn't really keep fleets together, they're the only one that have the numbers where they could overwhelm me.

The Khan event is promising, especially as it in on a whole other continent. As we know from other AARs, no horde nation can cross seas . . . without gravel.

What do you see as your next step? Mopping up the small colonizers, or kicking Portuguese buttock?

Hehe. :D I do hope to see something from that Khan.

The way I see it, if I get a chance to catch Portugal without Spain I have to pounce. If I see no such opportunity, then mopping up becomes the priority because seizing colonies while they can still be culture flipped is such an advantage.

Well, I hope you manage to purge Americas before the end of the game. The continent is open for you :D

You know, I'm much more confident about being able to do that than I was just a few decades ago. :cool:

What is the purpose of those Amazonian provinces? I never quite understood.

Making it possible but tricky to traverse, and a pretty interesting place for a colonization race (especially in games where you don't have a successful Inca Empire :D)? Sorry but I'm not sure I understand what you're asking as I can read that question a couple of different ways...

Nice that the fleet is taking shape, and that the colonists keep pouring in

Yup. The colonist numbers are so big that I'm going to "backup" provinces now but, well, let's say that I'm going to need them eventually. ;)

All of Euros place belong to Inca :p

At least on this continent, we'll see about the rest later. :)

What is the purpose of those Amazonian provinces? I never quite understood.

Brazil?, thin strip down the middle?

I commend you on your purity of mind.

That's a quickly built fleet. Those English colonies are a tempting target. How long before you can get snake of coloines across to them?

You're ready for that war with Portugal. You just need the Inca and an opportunity.

Alright, going out of town on a little weekend trip with some friends, but I won't leave you empty-handed - here's a short but fun update to chew on. :D

Brazil?, thin strip down the middle?

I commend you on your purity of mind.

:rofl: Brilliant!

That's a quickly built fleet.

Yeah, a lot of land means a lot of places to build ships in... It was a bit difficult to afford however as ships are so expensive in the mod.

Those English colonies are a tempting target. How long before you can get snake of coloines across to them?

Not long - I'm aiming for a very direct approach. :D

You're ready for that war with Portugal. You just need the Inca and an opportunity.

I'd DoW Portugal right now if it wasn't for Spain. As it is, I need to make some colonies a bit more secure first.

Hehe, you answered my question Malourus, i always understood them to be dirt poor.

That they are in the tax sense. But the resources (gold, brazilwood, cacao or sugar in all of them for me) make it okay. Besides, if I want to own all of the Americas then I gotta own those too. ;)

:rofl:
I was going to say something but the better part of valour is discretion so:cool:

Haha, well said. :D

:rofl: This was posted yesterday but I only got the punchline today. :p

I suppose that makes your mind somewhat pure? ;)

Pfft this continent is too small for your kings ego ;)

That's why it's confined there only for now. :)