+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 77 FirstFirst ... 20 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 70 ... LastLast

Thread: Children of the Sun - a Cuzco MEIOU AAR

Slacker Extraordinaire Zzzzz...'s Avatar
    67 games registered

If the place is comfy to sleep in, yes, you can find me there!
    Of course, it's a Liberation War! We are liberating our American brethren from the White Man

Columbia event looks weird.

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
    It's soo HEARTH RIPPING!
    I lol'd
    The list of all my AARs: INKWELL

Current AAR: Golden Sun - A KR Kurdistan AAR - Darkest Hour
    The Policies of Grandeur - Coming Soon!

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection

Another update, more Europeans crushed...
    I was Sir blsteen, Knight of the Eastern West... in :One Last HurRAAh: A Milanese Empire Interactive AAR:

I was FOTW 11/25/09 and 9/12/10

English colonial imperialists. Somebody should have told them to build cities before starting colonies. Are they secret Incas? Has YHC infiltrated them? Guess these are the colonies you turned into cities right smack bang into a regency.The Portuguese aren't going anywhere.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Good stuff, another European nation easily dealt with. At this rate Northern and Southern America really will be in your hands alone soon.
    This AAR Soks
    WritAAR of the Week: 8 January 2012 and Weekly AAR Showcase: 15 April 2012

Are you Deshtined to suffer another kiss?
    Favourite EU Comedy AAR AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 (Q3) and 2011 (Q3)
    Character Writer of the Week: 5 December 2010

My Inkwell - Warning! This content is rated EP: Extremely Poor
    Fan of the Week: 7 September 2010, 27 February 2011 and 26 April 2012

Kick those white "men" out of your beautiful continent ^^
    Nothing to say.

Fan of the Week - 31 July, 2011

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Well done! That'll show those perfidious Europeans.
    Recipient of the 6th ever Irish Shamrock Cookie and a birthday cookie! Thank you King_Richard_XI!

Sir dinofs of Gowin-Fártherr, Duke of Insanity, Lord of Tomfoolery, Spirit of Change, Upsetter of the Status Quo, Reverser of Historical Trends, Defeater of Ming, and All-Around Meddler.

Fan of the week, 1-08-2010!
    WRITAAR OF THE WEEK 23-05-2010!

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteVictoria 2

Thumbs up Nice going

Another long time lurker flushed out , but this AAR deserves a compliment, well done. Good enough to give it my first post ever
    Read the whole thing through in couple days. Makes me wanna upgrade to HttT and try a mod for the first time...

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Alright, update coming up.

A quick reminder before the feedback: do remember to vote for your favorite AARs in the AARland Choice AwAARds. While I certainly welcome votes for my writing should you deem this deserving, the more important thing is that you guys do cast your votes. The AwAARds are an important part of the AARland community that should be supported more than they sometimes have been (I'll be the first to admit that I have some room for improvement in this matter - I sometimes miss them unless someone posts a reminder like this. Which is why I'm putting this out there for anyone like me in this regard).

Quote Originally Posted by Athalcor View Post
    In 15th century Cristao Colombo discovered an entire new continent for Europe. The power-hungry Europeans quickly rushed for control of the New World. But the power hiding in the virgin lands should have remained undiscovered...

INCA: THE REVENGE OF THE BLOOD GOD - coming soon to your cinema.
    I'd *definitely* watch that. Think of the plot twist: a viewer might think "oh I see, this is some portrayal of the colonization of America and the conquistadors and whatnot" and then - BOOM! - all hell breaks loose!

I'd also look forward to the natural disaster special effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Enewald View Post
    Rule Megaamerica!
    I'm looking forward to the point when you can add "Megaamerica rules the waves" to that without snickering. The goal is to do that in the short term.

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    Nice going, smacking England like that !

Now to the Iberians... or those tuscanian neighbours ?
    I guess an option could be waiting cores and city levels for those Atlantic provinces, build a couple of large fleets and cut the trans-oceanic trade routes supply lines, for an easier conquest liberation of the rest of south and centra america, for a start ?

About the Colombian switch... true i never entered a human successful Inca in my calculations
    Hehe, I suppose it's understandable to overlook that.

Thanks! First we go to regency, as Chief Ragusa has correctly figured out. We'll see after that but you're listing some strong possibilities.

While it would be nice to get more cores, I don't think I can wait for them specifically. I need to grab land as long as there's some available. But there will indeed be some waiting for colonies to turn into cities for safety reasons.

I won't be able to afford a fleet that can handle Spain any time soon, and I have my doubts about Portugal as well. Some kind of a fleet is in the short term plans however - still some teching up to do...

Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    Very nice war. New lands, that are yours in culture and religion and a humiliated European power. What's not to love?

Now to see what the naval plan is!
    Thanks! The naval plan will be revealed in the next two updates I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
    It's soo HEARTH RIPPING!

Quote Originally Posted by Zzzzz... View Post
    Of course, it's a Liberation War! We are liberating our American brethren from the White Man
    And not just the people, we're liberating the whole continent!

Quote Originally Posted by Boris ze Spider View Post
    Will you seize that tuscanian province in the near future?
    It's something I indeed want to do. Overall, seizing stuff that I can still culture convert is a very high priority as the window of opportunity is pretty short.

Quote Originally Posted by blsteen View Post
    Another update, more Europeans crushed...
    You starting to see a pattern here?

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Ragusa View Post
    English colonial imperialists. Somebody should have told them to build cities before starting colonies. Are they secret Incas? Has YHC infiltrated them? Guess these are the colonies you turned into cities right smack bang into a regency.The Portuguese aren't going anywhere.
    Ooh, that's one mighty fine conspiracy theory right there! And yes, your prediction on the regency is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by morningSIDEr View Post
    Good stuff, another European nation easily dealt with. At this rate Northern and Southern America really will be in your hands alone soon.
    True, but that rate can't continue of course. There will only be so many colonies to grab, and getting the actual provinces will be more difficult. Not to mention that fighting the major powers will slow down the pace, especially if I can't come up with a decent naval presence.

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFish View Post
    Kick those white "men" out of your beautiful continent ^^
    That's the plan we've been following!

Quote Originally Posted by FlorisDeVijfde View Post
    Wow, England, I mean... ouch! That pownage has got to hurt
    It does - check the first screenshot of the next update for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by dinofs View Post
    Well done! That'll show those perfidious Europeans.
    Thanks, though I think I should still give some more demonstrations to make sure I get my point across!

Quote Originally Posted by Fornjotr View Post
    Another long time lurker flushed out , but this AAR deserves a compliment, well done. Good enough to give it my first post ever
    Read the whole thing through in couple days. Makes me wanna upgrade to HttT and try a mod for the first time...
    Thank you very much and welcome to the thread! You've been around for five years and this got you to post? I'm honored.

HTTT and MEIOU certainly both get my endorsement.
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Chapter Forty-six
    1628-1634

Curantyne, the northwesternmost formerly English province, is the first one that I grow into a city. That happens in January 1629, and two months later it upgrades from grain to cacao.

We get naval tech 22 in March.

England's rebel problems boil over in July.

Southern Ireland used to be English, but now there's a free Munster instead. We lose our casus belli against England so I'm glad that I fought them while I could.

Parakana starts producing brazilwood, while there's a small change in the colony situation east of us.

Tuscany, which has had Tupi for a while, ends up in a war against Nice and seizes Tembe. Nice is unable to retake it during the war.

After a glorious forty year reign that has taken the Inca Empire from a large but backwards New World nation into a westernized one capable of holding its own against anyone, Tupac Hualpa II finally dies on October 16th 1629.

That's a bit long, but so was the reign. Interesting stuff sprinkled in. But I'm a bit shocked - I thought that the Spanish war was pretty epic, and the only way the game describes it is "short"? Yet it mentions in the same sentence that it lasted seven years? That's the longest EU III war I've fought in a long time. I could also argue that the English war shouldn't be called "unsuccessful" but that's too normal to fuss about.

Pachacutec is still young, so the Incas will be ruled by an A/D/M 3/6/7 regency council. This is very unfortunate timing as I fear the Europeans will reach land tech 34 for a new military tactics level before I have the ability to DoW again. I'm not confident in my army performance against them after such an advance...

We also have to fight a pretender, but that's easily taken care of.

Our legitimacy is 36 and hardly increasing even with the Grand Marshal, so I try to arrange a royal marriage with Mutapa, the only nation available. They don't seem to be interested however.

The low administration skill of the council has an unfortunate effect.

Funny how I don't have that many recent conquests but am still overextended thanks to having so many colonies. At least we don't have to recover stab these days, but the RR does have a somewhat noticeable effect on our income.

Yanonami - the coastal province neighboring Tuscany's colonies - is the next one to reach city status in November.

We get naval tech 23 (galleon, armed galleon, Venetian war galley) in May 1630.

Wayapi starts producing fish in June. I don't expect that to last. The next month, Tapanahomi grows into a city and soon upgrades from grain to sugar.

I have a little "oops" moment in April 1631.

I have to admit, I completely forgot to set pirate patrols for this newly acquired coast. Fortunately it's just one small ship - I send a bunch of cogs to intercept.

We then get a great man event that seems almost useless - we only have 2.3 infamy and have no use for stability or prestige.

However, I decide to be a twisted bastard and endorse culture for the now useless diplomat's replacement and then fix the prestige loss with the great man event.

Naval tech 24 (naval morale +0.25) is discovered in May, while Kali'na grows into a city in June. It soon upgrades from grain to cacao, as is customary.

Later in the month our cog armada reaches the pirate.

Wohoo! The first Inca naval battle!

Naval tech 25 is reached in December.

We learn that Spain has won a war in April 1632, taking land in Anatolia from Karaman.

I have nothing against them expanding all over the place instead of focusing somewhere. Also visible here is the province they lost to the Romans, leaving the Spanish with only one mainland Greece province.

Also in April Caterpe goes from Aymara to Quechua via cultural assimilation. Aymara still stays accepted fortunately.

June 1632 features naval tech 26 and the growth of Apalai into a city.

In July there's a minor milestone as our first colony cores.

Unless you want to count Shipibo as a colony that is...

In the late year a Dutch-Austrian war leads to Austria nabbing Dutch Brazil.

That's only temporary unfortunately - Netherlands seizes the provinces back later in the same war. That's a shame as it would have been easier to grab those provinces from the weaker seafarers of Austria.

In February 1633 Tuscany's struggles over the last decades finally lead to something concrete as Milan forces them to release Modena and Mantua. Too bad that I have the regency, Tuscany is in shambles right now (6000 man army) and taking their colonies would be really simple.

Our four-star Grand Marshal dies in March and is replaced with a three-star.

Wayana is the next province to reach city status in June.

Two months later we get a land tech advance.

I don't expect to use the fort much any time soon, but I switch to the better artillery type.

Production tech, with level 23, is the next one to progress in January 1634.

In February we hear some rumors - seems that there's something going on in the steppes.

Apparently the Great Khan event chain is firing for some Altaic nation. I'll keep my eyes open and see if some nation really rises in the region.

More importantly for the Incas, we finally reach my target level of naval tech 27.

That's the small ship I intend to start with when it comes to creating a war fleet to challenge the Europeans, so the buildup is now on. I immediately start constructing eighteen - enough to get full tariffs.
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection

Ahh, the fleet begins and the Regency. Nice consolidation phase, too bad about the Dutch getting their turf back
    I was Sir blsteen, Knight of the Eastern West... in :One Last HurRAAh: A Milanese Empire Interactive AAR:

I was FOTW 11/25/09 and 9/12/10

That epic fleet will just get better.

I've never seen the Great Khan event chain, and I play MEIOU pretty regularly. Do you know what it does?

The Guardian of Divergences Athalcor's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic

I lol'd at the Mutapan marriage offer.

Oh the good old Commissions of Paintings and Conversions of Bio Bio - without them this AAR wouldn't be right...

Wow - Great Khan! What is the potential of this event?
    All Hail Britannia - a V2 AAR - awarded the Weekly AAR Showcase on 6/15/14, came 2nd in the 2014 Q2 ACAs.

I want you to vote in the Q3 2014 ACAs! Make your favourite AARers bathe in your votes!

My two other shamefully abandoned AARs...(there is also a third one hiding in the corners of the V2 AARland, not even worth linking)

52 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Finally tariffs bringing money?

I love your kings who don't know how to manage nation but know how to kick Euro ass ^^
    Nothing to say.

Fan of the Week - 31 July, 2011

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Promising developments!

And yes I'd like to know a little bit about this Great Khan as well. Any news on his views on decorative gravel?

Apparently I need to buy some more gravel.

My AARs: EU3 England, Golden Horde, France, Iroquois, Castile / EU2 Finland / My Inkwell

"Sunset Invasion isn't ASB - it's just Prawnstar playing CK2" Athalcor
    "If EU3 had exiled prawn-like aliens he'd be the first one to do a WC with them..." aldriq
    "You were prawn under a conquering stAAR!" Arakhor

Slacker Extraordinaire Zzzzz...'s Avatar
    67 games registered

If the place is comfy to sleep in, yes, you can find me there!
    Yes! Inca navy!

Any details about the Great Khan event?
    The list of all my AARs: INKWELL

Current AAR: Golden Sun - A KR Kurdistan AAR - Darkest Hour
    The Policies of Grandeur - Coming Soon!

Must be a Great Khan of the Golden Horde-all that Incan bling they've bought.

The new navy is large enough to bring you full tariffs. How much extra income is that?

Perhaps 7 years is a short war, to some people.

That was quite a list of paintings commissioned. Is there an art gallery that can be built to house all of them?

How long until this regency ends and Portugal can be persuaded to give up some land? Don't suppose you could try buying the provinces off Portugal, is there?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 77 FirstFirst ... 20 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 70 ... LastLast