• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's weird that you're deliberately going after maize provinces. That's the opposite of the problem I've been having with my Roman Empire game. Nearly all my colonies have gone wheat.

Caribbean colonies...wheat
East African colonies...wheat
Indonesian colonies...wheat
Australian colonies...wheat...oh wait! One colony actually has fish instead! I'm so excited! But at least it keeps me distracted from Revolutionary Castile and its 700K army.

But don't knock cacao. You can use it to put your soldiers into a sugar high frenzy and throw them at the Portuguese. Just think of them as Incan berserkers.

It's weird that you're deliberately going after maize provinces. That's the opposite of the problem I've been having with my Roman Empire game. Nearly all my colonies have gone wheat.
Just wait a littl' bit longer, and they will change into ... other goods (well, most of 'em). I was surprised too at the beginning of an "all-wheat-colonial-empire".

Nice update.

That victory at the second battle of Azcaptzalco is quite impressive... wiping the ennemy's army for no loss at all ! :eek:

For the tradegoods, it's true we didn't test it when playing an amerindian nation. I'll have to check on that.

The over-extension modifier looks painful. Are all the South American provinces cored? If so, it's just a question on waiting out the coring of the inherited lands - just another 26 years to go!

And no North American tribes? In a way that makes a lot of sense - it was always a bit off watching them get annexed by the Europeans for ready-made continental empires.

How long until you get colonists?

A couple of decades. That's as accurate as I can get at this point - I really don't have a better estimate since I can't remember how expensive the remaining trade tech levels are.

And attack Portugal to unite the lands?

That's out of my hands. About a decade after I get an ADM 6 ruler. :D

Mod in Marshmallows as a trade good...

Should be popular in our circumstances!

Ordinarily, wheat/maize obviously isn't exactly what you go for. However, as I operate quite a bit over force limits and those resources give force limit bonuses, having enough maize cuts my military expenses significantly.

But don't knock cacao. You can use it to put your soldiers into a sugar high frenzy and throw them at the Portuguese. Just think of them as Incan berserkers.

I definitely don't knock cacao - apart from the benefit you suggest :)D), it's way, way more profitable than the goods South America used to produce.

Just wait a littl' bit longer, and they will change into ... other goods (well, most of 'em). I was surprised too at the beginning of an "all-wheat-colonial-empire".

Yeah, the same effect I had with the cacao basically.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you've commented before, so welcome to the thread! :D

Another great update. I'm not sure what your Inca have against Maize, but they sure kill it fast.

Thanks!

Haha true, that's why we have to steal our maize from Mayas, Aztecs etc. ;)

Nice update.

That victory at the second battle of Azcaptzalco is quite impressive... wiping the ennemy's army for no loss at all ! :eek:

For the tradegoods, it's true we didn't test it when playing an amerindian nation. I'll have to check on that.

Thanks!

Yeah, while it usually seems difficult to wipe armies out with New World troops, it's more doable in Mesoamerica as there are some provinces with super short travel times that you can use to get the kill.

Hey, I'm okay with the trade goods as they are! :p But yeah, not exactly intuitive when you're a more or less isolated New World nation...

The over-extension modifier looks painful. Are all the South American provinces cored? If so, it's just a question on waiting out the coring of the inherited lands - just another 26 years to go!

Yeah, everything is cored down there so it's about the inherited lands. So we're about halfway in the wait it seems. :)

The good thing is that when I'm able to westernize, I won't have the modifier (it would suck because of the considerable stability cost). With an ADM 6 ruler, I'd have a good enough core/non-core ratio to get rid of it.

And no North American tribes? In a way that makes a lot of sense - it was always a bit off watching them get annexed by the Europeans for ready-made continental empires.

Yeah, as it is the mod isn't exactly fast on my computer which is decent enough, so I feel that it's a solid decision to limit the nations, and, while not optimal, I think it's better to take out the "snacks" instead of watering down other regions.

Yeah, the same effect I had with the cacao basically.
Glad to hear that ...

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you've commented before, so welcome to the thread! :D
Hmm, yes, that's true. Thank you! I've been following this AAR more or less from the beginning though. And furthermore, it is one of the few that uses MEIOU.

Yours,
AdL

Thank god the Portuguese have to deal with incessant volcanos too...

...right? :)

I've been having second thoughts on the QFTNW beeline. To correct my earlier answer to Enewald, it's actually pretty close to being available as the remaining trade tech levels are mostly inexpensive ones. However, where's the sense in taking the hit from switching both of my Ideas (MEIOU QFTNW requires Merchant Adventures) and starting heavy colonization before I'm able to westernize and thus get through Portugal? Especially since I'd definitely want to take Military Drill again before I fight the Portuguese, and switching an idea out just to take it again a bit later isn't exactly genius play.

I think I want to at least get to government tech 15 for the next slot before going for it. That shouldn't take too long, and the wait will get me that much closer to Mesoamerican cores. And hopefully westernization as well. I'll have to think about this.

I have an update played through and half done, expect to see it here tomorrow. I can't finish it tonight as I have to wake up pretty early in the morning...

the over-extention looks nasty, no expansion for a while than... and I heard somewhere over the rainbow, I mean big water, there are maize provinces just begging to be taken ;)

Oh, I'll have all the maize provinces I need when I'm done in Mesoamerica, any overseas operations will be for other reasons. ;)

Before waiting for cores to get rid of overextension, I still have plans for two provinces - one to fill the maize quota and another to do some damage control on a minor earlier screwup (I'll explain in the update).

Maize for us all!!!!!!!!

I'll need proof that you're Inca first. Maize is a restricted product.

And furthermore, it is one of the few that uses MEIOU.

Yeah, I certainly understand how that plays a part. :)

That's crazy, everyone knows you can't cross the big water. Those Portageezer fellows obviously walked over from the hidden lands behind them!

That's what we thought first as well, but those huge ships seem to suggest otherwise. :eek:

Portugal is remarkably quiet... like a latent volcano...

Well put! Let's hope that Portugal and volcanoes waking up are mutually exclusive - if that's the case I won't have to worry about the Portuguese. :D

Thank god the Portuguese have to deal with incessant volcanos too...

...right? :)

Yes. Of course, they probably have to deal with them in a smallish part of their empire, while I have them everywhere...

Great AAR, bravo ^_^

Thank you for the praise and welcome to the thread!

You need QftNW for colonists in this mod don't you? I guess it'll depend on your colonist gain rate - if that's low then you could stockpile colonists while you westernise and only deploy the minimum number to avoid waste.

You need QftNW for colonists in this mod don't you? I guess it'll depend on your colonist gain rate - if that's low then you could stockpile colonists while you westernise and only deploy the minimum number to avoid waste.
How many colonists/year one gets in MEIOU (at least in MEIOU:pH), depends - IIRC, I'm too lazy to look it up now - on

- slider position (especially or only the "isolation/expansion" one), and
- on the amount of colonies one has (EDIT: and tech-dependant), as it triggers "early colonization" (less colonists) and "settler colonization" (lots of 'em).

What comes after settler colonization, I don't know: still have to reach those years with a game (and my most advanced is 1599 or so). And yes, you need both Merchant Adventurers and Quest for the New World as NIs before ever hoping to get colonists (save for some triggered ones here and there: e.g. BUR => LOT: +1 colonist).

Only exeption is the Christoph Columbus event, which goes in most cases to Castille: one gets QFTNW (and colonists) for free.

... Ah, I nearly forgot! And catholic European TAGs may get the Tordesillas effects: "terra oriental" and "terra occidental". But as the mighty Inca Empire is not a catholic European country, it won't get its benefits in relation to colonization.

Yours,
AdL

Last edited:
I was being tongue in cheek: the Inca would of course assume that everyone else has volcanoes too .:)