• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You lost a province to natural wastage. How sad. Mesoamerica will look better after you have put in roads. Which will come first, I wonder? War with Portugal or an ADM 6 Emperor. Looking forward to hordes of rebels and your civil war.

Ouch... that's a big hit, with the size of your Empire. And i guess Portugal will rub its hands, wanting to take the opportunity to... hmmm... expand.

Coming bact to the earthquakes... i think you are really unlucky. I've reviewed the events... the mtth are amde so an earthquake, in a province, should happen every 50 000 months... Meaning, if you have 50 provinces, you should have 1/1000 chance of getting an earthquake each month in your nation... Your game clearly beats those odds.

Coming bact to the earthquakes... i think you are really unlucky. I've reviewed the events... the mtth are amde so an earthquake, in a province, should happen every 50 000 months... Meaning, if you have 50 provinces, you should have 1/1000 chance of getting an earthquake each month in your nation... Your game clearly beats those odds.

Well, that in turn means more than 10% chance per decade, growing quickly if he has more provinces.

But anyway, the amount of earthquakes seem to be fairly correct - it is just the effects of them that seem to be somewhat (grossly? ;)) overdone. Why not put a timed flag of "devastated province" that removes all income and population growth for two years? (And/or a percentage of the population if possible - haven't looked at EU3 scripting)

Or am I spinning off topic?

Any update on the Incan Path to Glory ? :p

Hopefully tomorrow as I have one pretty much just waiting to be posted. Sorry for the silence, I've been pretty busy and tired so little time and energy for the forum...

Well, looks like your rebel problems are going to go away after a few decades.

True. Eventually getting some cores makes the biggest difference, but losing the tribal penalties and events is huge.

Woo-hoo! Nice to see the change. Unfortunately, the Stability hit is going to make for a very interesting rebel situation. I hope Portugal doesn't decide to be feisty.

Yeah, it's good to get the modernizations started. Too bad that westernization isn't available... Regarding the rebels, let's just say that -2 stab with almost 100 k troops is child's play compared to +3 stab with zero troops. :D

The Portuguese are of course the wild card.

Is Mesoamerica in distant overseas taxzone? :p

Haha, I suppose so but it's a strange setup, what with the southern part being normal (after nationalism runs out, that is).

Mesoamerica was probably declared a tax free special economic zone when it merged with the mighty Inca. Nice that you're getting a handle on the rebel scum problems

Yeah it was - too bad that it wasn't the Inca who made the declaration. ;)

Excellent - what does being a Feudal Empirechange for you?

oh, enjoying the rebels? LOL

Haha sure, they're delightful. :p

Most importantly I get rid of the tribal incompetent ruler penalties and the tribal rebel events (both are like in vanilla). As both government forms have the same bonuses - land force limits & manpower - other differences are very minor, such as slightly better administrative efficiency.

This is the first time I've seen a province that was occupied at the start of the game turn uninhabited. You could start a challenge game to see if you could completely depopulate a region. :D

Now that would be something, but let's just say that I hope that I won't run into a natural disaster death count like this in any future game! :rofl: And yeah, it's a first for me too. Then again, having full cities bombed back to small colonies isn't exactly common either.

The map looks a lot safer with almost 100,000 men garrisoning the new territories. After all the excitement we're back to the waiting game (for an ADM 6 leader), although at least this time you've got a couple of neighbours to keep you entertained, one of whom you won't be able to get rid of permanently for quite some time.

Yeah, after the army buildup I'm not too concerned. As Tlacopan is useless, they won't become a target before I can colonize unless I get real bored. As for Portugal, I guess they're the one making any DoW decisions for now.

I certainly hope that ADM 6 ruler comes in a shorter time than the inheritance... :rolleyes:

Nice handling of the rebel-situation. Too bad to see green slowly starting to blob in mesoamerica. The inevitable war will be epic when it starts.

Thanks! I trust it to be just that, and I hope there aren't too many ethnic Portuguese provinces by the time I can take them.

You lost a province to natural wastage. How sad. Mesoamerica will look better after you have put in roads. Which will come first, I wonder? War with Portugal or an ADM 6 Emperor. Looking forward to hordes of rebels and your civil war.

The most important thing is that Portugal didn't act in the very beginning. That would have been extremely difficult to counter. I hope that I get ADM 6 first because I can't throw them out anyway before I've used them for westernization.

That lost province was a strange occurrence. Not much I could do there, however.

I sure hope that "civil war" turns out to be exaggeration. :D

-5 stability! How long will it take to recover in such a vast empire?

My stab costs were very small before the inheritance so they're huge in comparison, but still not too bad. Recovery looks a bit ugly in the beginning, but there's a turn for the better.

Dramatic ending.
Dun dun dun duuuu

Hehe, gotta have those! :)

-5 stability. Woah! Atleast you're no longer a tribal government.

The rebels are coming!

They are, but I have an army to keep them company now. :)

Better to take that -5 stab now rather than later... And you still have westernisation to get through.

True, so more stab hits. No matter, I'm still looking forward to getting that opportunity...

Ouch... that's a big hit, with the size of your Empire. And i guess Portugal will rub its hands, wanting to take the opportunity to... hmmm... expand.

Portugal's best opportunity was in the beginning, but they didn't take it. They'll get more with all the stab hits I should get, however.

Yeah, I can tell. :rofl: I was annoyed by them in the beginning but then there was that phase where I lost 10 k lives seemingly every year, and I have to admit that it got hilarious to me. I look at it as a side plot now. :D

Well, that in turn means more than 10% chance per decade, growing quickly if he has more provinces.

But anyway, the amount of earthquakes seem to be fairly correct - it is just the effects of them that seem to be somewhat (grossly? ;)) overdone. Why not put a timed flag of "devastated province" that removes all income and population growth for two years? (And/or a percentage of the population if possible - haven't looked at EU3 scripting)

Or am I spinning off topic?

Off topic isn't a problem, and come on, how can earthquakes even be off topic in this thread? :rofl: The population losses - both the immediate and the after effects - are percentages of population already.

Any update on the Incan Path to Glory ? :p

I lied - I'll post the update now anyway. I'm not going to re-read through it until tomorrow though, so no guarantees as far as typos etc. go, but I'll throw it out there. ;)

Last edited:
Chapter Thirty
1547-1551

RR isn't pretty in Mesoamerica: no province has less than 17.6 %.

32_01.jpg

That, however, goes down 3 % in February as I lose the tribal penalties. In addition to the +3 RR I also get rid of -33 % tax modifier and -20 infamy limit.

Stability recovery looks a bit ugly compared to what it has been most of this game. Almost three years to -1 in the beginning. Making matters worse, my legitimacy is going down by around a point a month due to negative stability and regency. This hurts both in stability costs and RR.

In May an Agricultural Revolution event gives me 1 base tax in Mixe.

I seem to be getting around three revolts a month at this point. However, with my armies positioned to kill, they aren't anything I can't handle now.

In December, I even get pretender rebels in South American Pica. I get a few more revolts in the old lands over the years, demonstrating what the low stability has done to my revolt risks.

Speaking of South America and pretenders, this happens in March 1548:

32_02.jpg

Nothing I could do as they assaulted before I could get anything done. I regain the province when the pretender is killed however, as this supporting army in Pachacamac vanishes.

May makes things a lot easier.

32_03.jpg

A strong ruler whose only under-six stat is ADM? How unsurprising. He's a Tough Soldier (+2 % land force limit).

More importantly, we don't have that ADM 3 regency council anymore...

32_04.jpg

Stability regain, slated for November 1549, actually happens in June 1548. Huge difference with the overextension modifier gone.

Heir Pachacutec is A/D/M 5/4/8. Any chance of a hunting accident or any other of the multitude of heir killing events? Oh well, at least guys named Pachacutec don't have a very good track record of staying alive long enough to take the throne.

Oh and let's take a moment to honor the Regency Council that ruled in Tupac Yupanqui V's place.

32_05.jpg

That's what I call a history entry! Well, the second half at least...

More Christian Missionaries try to enter in September. We discourage their efforts this time.

32_06.jpg

I don't have a problem angering Naples, and I don't stand to lose an advisor here anymore as the Jesuit Ambassador is dead anyway. Also, I'm not that worried about my own safety anymore so I can start sticking it to others.

Tupac Yupanqui V's MIL score allows building Ballistas, so I construct them in provinces at the Portuguese end.

In November, just over 9000 people die of plague in Huilliche. Back to the routine I guess.

We reach zero stability in February 1549 - nine months before we were supposed to get to -1!

With that, revolt risks are actually better than before the government change. Of course, the Statesman also plays some part here.

32_07.jpg

A slider move becomes available in April. I move Free Subjects to zero, helping PE above all.

Ica loses almost 20000 people - half its population - to an August volcanic eruption. Pachacamac is also struck, there are about 8000 casualties.

Stability +1 is reached in February 1550.

I decide that now is the time to get rid of any subpar units.

32_08.jpg

I don't think I've ever used the Army Regiments ledger page before, but it comes in handy now. We build seven new regiments over the next months to replace the American Hill Warriors, which are then disbanded.

As 1550 rolls around, MEIOU's colonial goods spread begins. There are events that have a chance of replacing low value goods with more profitable ones (we saw that in early game when I got an additional Gems province via event) and some colonial goods like coffee, tobacco, cotton etc. become available for this in 1550, depending on region. We're fortunate enough to have Cacao in the Maya lands, so our people quickly start planting it in the old lands. I wish they'd tell me how they moved the seeds from Mesoamerica.

Cajamarca is the first province to benefit in July as the maize (luckily we have plenty of that now) is replaced.

32_09.jpg

Production value for the province increases from 9.5 to 23.8. Huge difference.

Still in July, both Chimu and Pica have their fish replaced with Cacao. Fish is useless, so this is only positive.

In November Agricultural Revolution gives 1 base tax in Bio Bio.

Chiquito gets cacao in December, followed by Shipibo in February 1551 and Yagua in March. Yeah you read that one right, Shipibo. They're starting to make me some money there!

In between, stability rises to +2 in January.

Gold Rush in May gives us an extra 400 ducats.

Moche is the next cacao farmer in June. Sechura gets it in October and Sharanawa in December.

Then finally, also in December...

32_10.jpg

Losing the overextension modifier sure made a huge difference here. I'd probably still be struggling at -1 or zero with that one.

Knowing that people get always volcanic eruptions or earthquakes, what makes them fear so much a distant comet passing by?
Really, I would be afraid when the earth splits under me than when I see something on the night sky. :p
But Incas do not share my logic.

Quite fast stav regen! Nais!

You back into positive stability without too much of a civil war, only one rebel pretender.
Bio Bio finally does something other than convert - it gains agriculture. Perhaps, they all work out in the fields to avoid the missionaries, these days?

Portugal is still quiet. Can't believe they left you alone. Your new Inca could take some land off them after all you do have a few westernizations to go through.

That sure was a hell of a history entry for a Regency Council :p

You're still unlucky with Wrath of Nature... but that unstable period did go very smoothly...

How many years until the population of Inca reaches 0?
Btw, what the hell is with the ecologic activists in Bio Bio? Every ruler of yours has a record about it...

Your relatively quick stability regain bodes well for westernising. Maybe your current ruler will die before his heir is of age and you'll get an ADM 6+ regency council. It happened to me and was immensely satisfying.

Congratulations on a mostly calm period! I recently modernized my military as a giant Russian Empire in vanilla HTTT - I had something like 3-4 uprisings a month for 3 years - painful :(

I should start by mentioning that there was quite a bit of rebel activity early in that period - like I said, three revolts a month or so in the first few years. That may not have come across in the update as things never got out of control like they did straight after the inheritance. So while there were plenty of rebels, there was nothing to write about on that front. ;)

Knowing that people get always volcanic eruptions or earthquakes, what makes them fear so much a distant comet passing by?
Really, I would be afraid when the earth splits under me than when I see something on the night sky. :p
But Incas do not share my logic.

But there's an entirely logical explanation: the disaster victims don't live to cause a ruckus! :D Or perhaps it's the fear of the unknown? Oh, and you made me laugh with that, it's a funny thought. :)

Quite fast stav regen! Nais!

Yeah it is - after losing Overextension that is.

Bio Bio finally does something other than convert - it gains agriculture. Perhaps, they all work out in the fields to avoid the missionaries, these days?

Good theory. After all, I'm not sure that it's that great to live in a province where it's a national pastime for your Emperors to shove religion down your throat.

Portugal is still quiet. Can't believe they left you alone. Your new Inca could take some land off them after all you do have a few westernizations to go through.

Yeah, I feel that I've been pretty lucky in that department. Of course, I outnumber them and we have positive relations, so it's not unheard of.

As of now, I still have a few things I want to take care of before being proactive when it comes to wars...

That sure was a hell of a history entry for a Regency Council :p

True. It's funny that it was the regents that not only added 32 provinces but reformed the government as well.

You're still unlucky with Wrath of Nature... but that unstable period did go very smoothly...

Nah, isn't 37000 deaths in five years pretty standard? :D Having around 100 k troops in Mesoamerica and another 70 k in the south helped smooth things over. ;)

Well of course your stability maxed out - all the Incans are hopped up on chocolate!

Nice work.

Haha, thanks! That sure works for me. :D

How many years until the population of Inca reaches 0?
Btw, what the hell is with the ecologic activists in Bio Bio? Every ruler of yours has a record about it...

Hehe, or maybe they're just going to the movies? ;) I should have started a natural disaster death count in the beginning, then I could make some calculations... :rofl:

Your relatively quick stability regain bodes well for westernising. Maybe your current ruler will die before his heir is of age and you'll get an ADM 6+ regency council. It happened to me and was immensely satisfying.

True. I'm certainly hoping for a break like that. Heck, it seems that we have gifted regency council material in this nation, so why not.

Congratulations on a mostly calm period! I recently modernized my military as a giant Russian Empire in vanilla HTTT - I had something like 3-4 uprisings a month for 3 years - painful :(

Cheers. Yeah, I had around three a month in the start as well. However, I also have plenty of troops in a compact enough region. Other than a few problem areas, travel times are nothing like Russia. :)