• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Portuguese finally colonise. Took them long enough. Plan B is looking good. How long before your trade is high enough to go find Europe?

Another new Inca and no inheritance. You get a chance to PU Uxmal and ... get a regency.

All those roads give your Inca a new way to die - running the length and breadth of the empire.

A nice cultural assimilation. Shocking that you had to pay to fix a deteriorating fort. Colonists dying off just don't have the time to tend to their nice shiny fort.

Aaah, the joys of expanding your Mesoamerican foothold, facing off against the Portuguese and driving them into the sea and...wait, a minute, you're still stuck in South America, and have a 14 year regency as well. I think the game mechanics hate you.

Some good updates. It is a pity that you have still not managed to inherit any land in central America, but at least the nations are busy there tidying it up for your hopefully soon direct entry into affairs there! Finally Portugal are beginning to colonise, hopefully they can finally reach your lands sometime soon and I look forward to when they do.

Yay, im right.... sorta.

You're absolutely right about that. ;)

Do you know what good night sleeps mean >8(
I might have to teach you it one way or the other (Insert evil face here)

Ps. Im not gonna insert evil face there because im actually writing this message throught my Ps3 xD

:eek: Yeah I admit, that was a bit late, I had some delays that evening but decided to post that chapter regardless...

How can you see that one sea zone?

Tenochtitlan has troops in the adjacent province so I, as their ally, can see what they see.

Hahahaa... Who's the late poster now >; )

Hehe, well done! ;)

The Portuguese finally colonise. Took them long enough. Plan B is looking good. How long before your trade is high enough to go find Europe?

If the pace stays the same, in the 1560s or so. Of course, if I don't have a border with the Portuguese by then, I still need that before I can westernize to get ships.

Another new Inca and no inheritance. You get a chance to PU Uxmal and ... get a regency.

Regency alone wouldn't be a problem - if the claim was strong I could still work the PU game. But thanks to the regency I can't increase the legitimacy. :(

All those roads give your Inca a new way to die - running the length and breadth of the empire.

Heh, it's good to have more options as it seems necessary to kill off loads of them. :D

A nice cultural assimilation. Shocking that you had to pay to fix a deteriorating fort. Colonists dying off just don't have the time to tend to their nice shiny fort.

That was indeed a very good province for the assimilation event to fire in.

I guess the colonists are busy breeding. :p

Aaah, the joys of expanding your Mesoamerican foothold, facing off against the Portuguese and driving them into the sea and...wait, a minute, you're still stuck in South America, and have a 14 year regency as well. I think the game mechanics hate you.

Could be... But I'd like to think that I'm due for some luck at some point. Oh, and I'm looking forward to all that stuff. ;)

Some good updates. It is a pity that you have still not managed to inherit any land in central America, but at least the nations are busy there tidying it up for your hopefully soon direct entry into affairs there! Finally Portugal are beginning to colonise, hopefully they can finally reach your lands sometime soon and I look forward to when they do.

Thanks! Yeah it's great that Portugal is colonizing now. I was starting to get a bit worried there when they didn't start that in a long time.

Well, nice thread you got here. I think I'll need to subscribe. ;)

Thanks and welcome! :) Though that's a scary first sentence - I expected the next one to be "It would be a shame if something bad happened to it." :D

Also, some people believe that Diplomatic Skill helps inheritance. I'm not sure I believe that but it sounds logical considering Austrian inheritances and their Habsburg Dominance modifier. So, having this opportunity I'm not going to leave that stone unturned.

It definitely helps with annexation/vassalisation offers, so I wouldn't be surprised if it helped with inheritance too. As you say, it's worth a try given your limited options.

The waiting game continues, although as far as the ordinary people of your empire are concerned this is a golden age where you control the known world. Everyone involved is going to have an unpleasant shock when the Europeans finally arrive.

Thanks and welcome! :) Though that's a scary first sentence - I expected the next one to be "It would be a shame if something bad happened to it." :D[/SIZE][/FONT]

I did consider making that joke, but since I carry a badge I figured it would be bad tone to make mob jokes. Would make me seem crooked :p

Great AAR. MEIOU looks deeper than vanilla, yet not bottomless as MMU. With the earlier start I am tempted to try a Denmark game, how is the startup line in Scandinavia?

On Portugal: Perhaps they lacked the naval range to colonize? (guessing: Don't know how MEIOU handles colonisation)

Good luck on the inheritance!

Great AAR. MEIOU looks deeper than vanilla, yet not bottomless as MMU. With the earlier start I am tempted to try a Denmark game, how is the startup line in Scandinavia?

On Portugal: Perhaps they lacked the naval range to colonize? (guessing: Don't know how MEIOU handles colonisation)

Denamrk is at war with Sveriege, with sweden as an allly. MEIOU is much deeper than vanilla, and adds a lot of flavor.

It definitely helps with annexation/vassalisation offers, so I wouldn't be surprised if it helped with inheritance too. As you say, it's worth a try given your limited options.

Yeah, true. And I'm entirely fine with getting help for other diplomatic actions as well - I have nothing against getting higher relation increases from bribes, better chances of RM etc.

The waiting game continues, although as far as the ordinary people of your empire are concerned this is a golden age where you control the known world. Everyone involved is going to have an unpleasant shock when the Europeans finally arrive.

It would be like that if not for the fact that thousands of people rebel and get killed every year (except for regency) as they can't stand being at peace. :p For any rational non-tribal people the case would be what you're suggesting. Oh and I'm assuming here that these guys see severe natural disasters as everyday adversity.

And again one of my awesome ideas...
Give lot of gold to those portuguese bastards and ally them >: )

Even if they accepted, what's there for me to gain? Besides, they'll probably attack my junior eventually and I'd just lose prestige dishonoring the alliance.

Better still get a PU and inherit Portugal.

Fun idea, but being different religion group of course prevents that.

I did consider making that joke, but since I carry a badge I figured it would be bad tone to make mob jokes. Would make me seem crooked :p

Now that's a pretty cool business idea - a forum that's technically free to use but you have to bribe the moderators or your thread just might have an "accident". :D

Great AAR. MEIOU looks deeper than vanilla, yet not bottomless as MMU.

Thanks! You've got a very nice one going too. ;)

That's how I see MEIOU as well. I guess Boris ze Spider answered your Scandinavian start question (thanks for that).

Probably that. Additionally, they might have been busy elsewhere.

Thanks, I'm gonna need that unfortunately...

I don't think I could last another waiting game to inherit Portugal, watching your hopes and dreams die with every new king... :D

Well, no fears concerning Portugal as they're indeed unavailable for me to PU.

Chapter Twenty-six
1520-1528

In December, another Unhappiness Among the Merchants event costs us 500 ducats invested in Trade Tech. :mad:

Soon after, Portugal converts Seibal to Catholicism. If (when?) I conquer the area, I can convert the religion but what I really don't like is the culture conversion.

And indeed, like discussed, there's a Portuguese colony in Catacamas - the first time they colonize where we can see! This could help in eventually bordering them.

Tupac Yupanqui IV turns 15 in May 1522 and finally rises to the throne. We choose to have a huge celebration to help with the legitimacy a bit.

28_01.jpg

This makes us filthy rich which is nice as it helps tech speed. In addition to losing the tribal tax penalty thanks to high ADM, the new Sapa Inca has a very nice personality trait.

28_02.jpg

Unfortunately, the new heir Titu Cusi Yupanqui is only ADM 4. Also, no inheritance.

However, our chances for that may have gone up with a thrilling moment in September.

28_03.jpg

Very nice! Though I would have prefered inheritance of course.

I'm fortunate here as I hadn't been able to claim the throne due to low legitimacy but still get the PU - this union comes from marriage only. Good to get a lucky break for once. I reach legitimacy 50 really soon though - essentially the Uxmal king saved me some legitimacy by not dying a few months later. :D

Uxmal is powerful so I'm barely able to avoid insults.

28_04.jpg

I immediately start bribing to max out the relations.

A slider move later in the month allows me to move a step Free Subjects. This balances out the PE penalty I got for moving Theocracy last time.

In November, England's pain continues:

28_05.jpg

Netherlands existing already - and a strong one, looking at the army numbers of the previous shot - could make our continent more heavily contested in the long run. And of course if they're able to inherit and control the British Isles, they could be a beast.

In April 1523, we get another Trade Tech level.

28_06.jpg

This also enables roads (you need Government 10 and Trade 8). While they're costly, I start building in Cuzco. I should also work towards getting them in Chanchan at least.

The tribal peace rebellions start again now that we have a ruler. I have to recruit a general and he's incredible: 5 fire and 3 shock at under five percent army tradition!

Of course, he dies in about a year.

In November 1524 1300 people die in an earthquake in Cochabamba.

We get our first roads in February 1526.

28_07.jpg

England is broken and seized by a pretender in February 1527. So much for the union. I wonder how fragmented the Isles are.

We get another -100 relations with Tenochtitlan two months later. Bribing commences. It's funny how all of my bribing relation increases end in .75 now (straight from the diplomatic skill bonus from the Jesuit Ambassador).

In May disaster strikes: another earthquake kills 20500 people in Cuzco itself! I keep following the population and we lose another 2000 people in total before the chaos is over.

Good news come in September:

28_08.jpg

The earth, however, punishes us again in March next year: Caterpe loses almost 6000 people, or seventy percent of its population! :mad: In addition, this earthquake costs a couple of hundred lives in adjacent Pica.

To continue on the disaster front, Tupac Yupanqui IV dies in June. Such a shame losing the super quick tech speed so soon. Also, this time we have two countries that we don't inherit.

Oh and I'm assuming here that these guys see severe natural disasters as everyday adversity.

I think that's an attitude they'll adopt very quickly. I'm starting to see how the Aztecs came up with their idea of an earth goddess:

Wikipedia said:
In one of the Mexica creation accounts Tlaltecuhtli is described as a sea monster who dwelled in the ocean after the fourth Great Flood, an embodiment of the raging chaos before creation. Quetzalcoatl and Tezcatlipoca, in the form of serpents, tore her in half, throwing half upwards to create the sky and stars and leaving the other half to become the land of the earth. She remained alive, however, and demanded human blood.

She's sure getting enough of that in your latest update. Have you considered renaming this AAR 'Tremors without a pause'?

Getting Uxmal in a PU is great news though, even if you haven't snagged it this time round. The only downside is you'll have to spend money keeping relations high.

Hopefully your new ADM 4 ruler won't last too long.

Only some strange white twin-tailed demons have more soldiers than you! Inca shall rule the world! (if they don't all fall to earth rifts:p)

Btw, IIRC in MEIOU there is no united China, ya?