• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Silly me, expecting an heir who is decent to survive. A ruler with his stats is not going to have that good an heir.

The smugglers must be same ones who try to establish merchants in Lubeck and do all the messenger business.
I'd like to see you get a PU with one of those states. Then you'll be able to expand there too -once you've inherited the state. Depending on the state, may be worth getting a rubbish ruler for that expansion.

I wonder what happens when Spain comes knocking to central america i think their like:

Spanish admiral: Aaaah finaly some land ahead...
Cabin boy: But sir i think theres something wrong whit it.
Adminral: Ou you silly boy what could happen no one lives there...

(Jungle starts to burn because theres some kinda stupid war going on)

Admiral: O_O''

The bonuses from Grand Marshal are too good! Also, being able to 'buy' a six-star MoM is sth I wouldn't like to see in the game.

Indeed... I don't know if I should be using such an overpowered advisor type.

I don't know about that take on MoM's, I feel they are mostly balanced. In the early game buying a six-star basically means either using your few magistrates on cultural tradition (instead of province decisions etc.) or taking PotA or CAD as an Idea (like I took the MEIOU Bureaucracy for magistrates -> culture tradition), so if you want to mint early then you lose something else. Later, taking National Bank is not a problem anyway - with vanilla Ideas there are a few (exact amount depends on your situation, sometimes as few as two) that are good for you and the rest are almost useless, so you can throw in NB early enough. Usually it's even a solid idea (in vanilla) as another advisor type can be more helpful than the other ideas. MEIOU would be kind of scary without being able to get the MoM - inflation got ugly enough in the period before I was able to get one, and that was without minting at all.

Are you in royal mariages there up north? Any chance of alliance -> vassalisation?

I've certainly had my share of RM's as they're of course needed for the claims, but diplovassalization is unfortunately impossible as they are different religion.

The smugglers must be same ones who try to establish merchants in Lubeck and do all the messenger business.

Good thinking - the Lübeck business and smuggling certainly fit each other.

I'd like to see you get a PU with one of those states. Then you'll be able to expand there too -once you've inherited the state. Depending on the state, may be worth getting a rubbish ruler for that expansion.

Pretty much anything would be worth it for that expansion... The thought that I'd also have to get lucky with an inheritance scares me. :( Luck hasn't seemed to be on my side with PUs so far after all.

I wonder what happens when Spain comes knocking to central america i think their like:

Spanish admiral: Aaaah finaly some land ahead...
Cabin boy: But sir i think theres something wrong whit it.
Adminral: Ou you silly boy what could happen no one lives there...

(Jungle starts to burn because theres some kinda stupid war going on)

Admiral: O_O''

I think there are many possible reasons for the jungle burning in that situation. Stupid war, earthquake, volcano... Who knows, they might decide to turn back.

At least with MEIOU you win't get absurdities like mostly Norweigian Mesoamerica (happened in one of my games)!

That sounds like an improbable scenario! :D

Update early-ish tomorrow!

Chapter Seventeen
1442-1455

Early in 1442, Cuenca becomes Quechuan.

In April, we get a good amount of extra cash via event. Or, apparently, a massive amount:

19_01.jpg

In October, the heir Pachacutec falls ill, giving a 50 % chance of him dying. We get the usual result.

19_02.jpg

The gains from the first Chimu war core in May 1443.

19_03.jpg

This increases yearly gain to around 130 ducats.

Days later, important five-maneuver general Tucuycuyche dies after over 34 years of service. He's replaced by 3-fire 4-shock general Atoc-Suqui, who lasts less than three years and is replaced by exact copy Inquill. I'm left with no generals with any maneuver pips, so rebel battles just got a lot more difficult.

In October, we get a new heir.

19_04.jpg

He's a solid A/D/M 5/8/6.

January 1444 sees Production Tech level 5 reached. I continue Production.

Caterpe's temple that was lost in an earthquake is rebuilt in April.

An event helps us limit Serfdom to -2.

19_05.jpg

May 1445 edition of Natural Disaster Cluedo: 4200 people and 11600 people! In Pica and Arequipa, respectively! With an earthquake!

We get more cores the next month.

19_06.jpg

This is the diploannexed Chancay.

The addition of the Moche core leads to Chimu being accepted. This, in turn, leads to no revolt risk anywhere in Cuzco (of course, we still get the events).

March 1446 edition of Natural Disaster Cluedo: 4100 people! In Mapuche! With an earthquake!

December 1446 edition of Natural Disaster Cluedo: 3800 people! In Bio Bio! With plague! That's 23700 deaths in just over one and a half years, and that's not counting the casualties during the following turmoil.

In April 1448, we learn that third time (as far as getting close goes) isn't the charm as Tlaxcala gets an heir months before the death of their elderly chief. These close calls are frustrating - you get your hopes up but nothing comes of it. I'm not going to give up though, as evidenced by me claiming another throne months later. I take every opportunity there is.

I get a very nice event in May 1449:

19_07.jpg

I haven't had a chance to rectify my rotten Discipline, as I need the slider moves for other stuff (I did move Quality once, with the very first slider move as Discipline was simply too ugly). But thanks to this event, it's now up to 94 %, though that's with the advisor.

I get a couple of illogical naval events, until Corrupt Bureaucracy gives me -2.5 % tax for a few months in May 1450.

Production Tech 6 is reached in November 1450. Level 7 gives +5 % PE and level 8 gives Workshops, so Production seems like an easy choice still.

Rest of Chimu cores in January 1451:

19_08.jpg

Pica becomes Quechuan in 1452. I'm a bit surprised that Nazca stays accepted.

For the ten years between 1442 and 1452, Central America was one large battleground. Tenochtitlan, Acolhua, Mixtecalt, Tlaxcala and Teotitlan teamed up as several small alliances to eat Tlacopan, which was only defended by Uxmal. Teotitlan peaced out early from that one and somehow nearly overran Maya before being pushed back.

As a result, the area looks very different, including the previously largest power Tlacopan OPM'd. Also, Uxmal was forced to release Copan, so we have nine tribes there now.

Teotitlan and Tenochtitlan have escaped OPM status, with the latter becoming one of the powers again. Mixtecalt is probably the strongest it has ever been. While the leader Tlacopan suffered most of the damage, Uxmal is down too, becoming a TPM.

Too much has changed to go through it graphically, but here's where we stand in early 1452 when peace is finally reached again:

19_09.jpg

May 1452 edition of Natural Disaster Cluedo: 10000 and 300 people! In Cajamarca and Shipibo, respectively! With a volcanic eruption! Hmm, it's been a while since a volcanic eruption - plagues and earthquakes have been more popular lately.

Shipibo was close to city status with 951 people, but is now nuked back to 618. :mad: Back to square one, pretty much.

Tucume becomes Quechuan in January 1454, and Chibcha isn't accepted anymore. This leads to revolt risk again in our Chibcha provinces, including the problem child Shipibo.

We reach 100 % cultural tradition late in the year and our advisors are rather young, so I decide to go for an upgrade. I replace the 2-star Land Tech Investment guy with a 5-star Natural Scientist.

19_10.jpg

I commission a National Epic to help regain the cultural tradition.

Finally, I rarely get as pumped while gaming as I do in April 1455:

19_11.jpg

YES!

YES! YES! YES!

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Patience is a virtue.

But I'm only half way there.

Severe natural disasters. Wonder if Blessings of God reduce the occurrence and severity? Hopefully that Shipibo will be province the Europeans chose to steal from you.

Good new indeed that you got a PU and with the Aztecs , no less. Now you just need to inherit. At tleast this means you don't have to spend all your gold on all the meso-american tribes.You ought to be able to build up a sizeable treasury.

Those pop loss events that make provinces colonies are not fun - I've played similar in other mods and they always feel like random punishments more than anything else.

Ooops, double post. Thus I may as well say all the usual nonsense people say when they catch up with an aar.

Great job, aar is cool, the Incas are my hommies, Tupacs are the coolest and totally...

Argh, who am I kidding? We (me and the huge eared dragon on my banner) want more wars! Your excuse for a royal house needs to take example from the Aztecs! Start flower wars! Release vassals only to slaughter them again, for the glory of Manco Capac and his divine father Inti! All of the mummies of former rulers are ashamed what the royal house has sunken into, just marring chicks from Central America and hoping some ruler won't have a heir! The Incas can do much better then that!

Last edited:
They shared an unfortunate practice with their meso-american cousins, the practivce of thowing dead bodies down wells from which they drew water or in other pools from which they drank.

They were just waiting for Columbus' cabin-boy to spread syphilis worldwide.

Cuzco may yet become the Incas beforethe europeans arrive.

The Concert of Mesoamerica has broken down and all those years of patient diplomacy wasted as Tenochtitlan allows the mysterious and reviled power to the south to gain a foothold.

Seriously, given your previous lack of success I was imagining that it was a unwritten rule, observed even between enemies, that no-one was to allow Cuzco anywhere near Central America or risk the whole region falling to the southerners. Obviously Tenochtitlan's been so badly kicked around they feel like they've got nothing to lose.

Also, can't believe you've fallen for the story that Yahuar Hacuac Chilche is dead. Question is, what's he planning?

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

:)

Ha, you shall fail!

:( Hopefully not. And technically, I won't fail anyway but my luck might fail me! :p

Severe natural disasters. Wonder if Blessings of God reduce the occurrence and severity?

No. Apart from the main effects I listed in the end of the first post of this AAR, BoG removes the Manpower balancing penalties (-50 % manpower and -50 % land forcelimits for a nation of Cuzco's size, less for smaller) and plays a part in a couple of Timurid specific events. AFAIK there are no other effects.

Hopefully that Shipibo will be province the Europeans chose to steal from you.

:rofl: That would be a welcome development!

Good new indeed that you got a PU and with the Aztecs , no less. Now you just need to inherit. At tleast this means you don't have to spend all your gold on all the meso-american tribes.You ought to be able to build up a sizeable treasury.

Good points. I was pumping a large part of my cash to those tribes, good to have it over with. Hopefully I inherit before it's too late...

Those pop loss events that make provinces colonies are not fun - I've played similar in other mods and they always feel like random punishments more than anything else.

Let's just say that the second time was a bit much! :D

How Cuzco can have plagues before Europeans arrive is a mystery.

Like speculated early in the thread, I blame Abubakari II of Mali. :D

Maybe they don't have very good immune system ^^

Well, it should develop nicely with all this...

With all these plagues, their immune system and the bacteria in South America will evolve to a point, that it will be them giving the conquistadores desease :D And then they sail back to Europe, it will be Black Death v.2

Exactly! Heck, this is a good explanation if Cuzco doesn't roll over and die when the Europeans come.

Ooops, double post. Thus I may as well say all the usual nonsense people say when they catch up with an aar.

Great job, aar is cool, the Incas are my hommies, Tupacs are the coolest and totally...

In return, let me present you with a generic welcome. ;)

Argh, who am I kidding? We (me and the huge eared dragon on my banner) want more wars! Your excuse for a royal house needs to take example from the Aztecs! Start flower wars! Release vassals only to slaughter them again, for the glory of Manco Capac and his divine father Inti! All of the mummies of former rulers are ashamed what the royal house has sunken into, just marring chicks from Central America and hoping some ruler won't have a heir! The Incas can do much better then that!

Releasing vassals only to slaughter them again sounds kind of fun, but that's really all I could be doing. So no, we can't do much better. :D Though your line of thinking sounds familiar - in fact, we slaughter tens of thousands of people just like you every year in Cuzco! ;)

Cuzco may yet become the Incas beforethe europeans arrive.

That should happen, only cores are needed.

As far as syphilis etc. goes, if someone wants a reason to hate the nations that have been pictured in this AAR so far (and hasn't got one so far), blame them for not having public orgy bathhouses anymore!

The Concert of Mesoamerica has broken down and all those years of patient diplomacy wasted as Tenochtitlan allows the mysterious and reviled power to the south to gain a foothold.

Seriously, given your previous lack of success I was imagining that it was a unwritten rule, observed even between enemies, that no-one was to allow Cuzco anywhere near Central America or risk the whole region falling to the southerners. Obviously Tenochtitlan's been so badly kicked around they feel like they've got nothing to lose.

:D If that's true, it's a good sign - pretty much everyone in that area has been badly kicked around so that would mean they're ready to join our ranks! Perhaps they had such an unwritten rule but they too heard rumblings of the faraway land and figured that we are their only defense against the European onslaught.

Also, can't believe you've fallen for the story that Yahuar Hacuac Chilche is dead. Question is, what's he planning?

:rofl: Good thinking! Yeah, it could be that the timing of his death wasn't just fitting, he just found it funny to leave at that exact point.

Watch out or im gonna sneeze in one of your soldier and then theres plague knowed as ''Finnish sneeze'' killed aprox everyone of it victim's :D