• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I hope Inca Empire will get a little ally. If nothing else, it could make wars more interesting (Inca forces coming to help the righteous against the wicked somewhere!). I think gameplay wise, you can easily afford possible inconveniences at this point.

Update whenever I end up somewhere with Internet access again, should be within a few days. I was going to do it now but a missing screenshot stopped me. So, just feedback for now:

England looks like it caught skin cancer :D.

Haha, so it does. :D

Or at least not as wholesale? Also, they had diseases - as you no doubt have noticed, between all the volcanic eruptions and earthquakes ;)

Exactly, sure they were murderous in some places but we literally kill everyone we come across and we do it everywhere. ;) Heh, the Inca Empire is a true melting pot of cultures - smallpox has become an equal among the traditional South American natural disasters that are an integral part of our national heritage!

Sounds promising, I look forward to finding out what you have in mind. At least the normal five year cycle is continuing to provide you with considerable gains, Spain handing over quite a large chunk of land in this most recent war.

There are certainly gains still, but the strips of enemy land are getting thin in some places. I have to prepare for when that gets "worse". :)

Hawaii had Hawaii. Two more provinces to have volcanic eruptions in, now. Somehow , I just can't summon any sympathy for those Spanish colonists.
I suspect those Korean colonies are going to experience the Incan way of war and everyone knows the Incans originated in Incastralia.

There are plenty of Siberian lands avaialble for colonisation.
Since I am feeling especially YHC, a war against Japan would make a very suitable base for western expansion

We'll see about the Korean colonists - I've only decided that the small Pacific islands will be mine, I haven't made a decision on Australia yet. Either way, Europe will probably come before it. Same thing with Japan really, a possibility but not really a priority. As far as colonizing Siberia goes, I'd love to grab it but we'll see when I can spare the colonists, and how far my range is.

Japan would be nice but I expect it won't be as easy to invade as Hawaii.

Portugal has now the largest chunk of foreign land in North America... Are the Canadian provinces as 'granular' as in the eastern seaboard?

I'm sure it's doable, but if I have to choose I prefer Europe. :)

I'm not entirely sure I follow - my English does have its limits - but if you're referring to province size then no, they're pretty huge.

Do the Japanese really deserve 90% population loss due to the volcanic eruption that usually follows a visit from the Inca?

That's a good question. The Japan+Inca combination does sound very scary in that sense.

What can i say? The Incas know how to throw a good party. The volcano just gets the blame!

Perhaps they need to cover up the wild orgies of the YHC cult? Those are bound to lead to casualties.

The Atlanctic Sea Board reached - congrats!
Must be a bit of a headache running such a vast empire. Tha won't stop you from making it even vaster, right? ;)

Thanks! No it won't. ;) But that's actually a big reason why I concentrate on the Americas so heavily. Operating elsewhere will be so much easier to manage when the home continent is pacified.

I see the top priority is securing the Americas, but with the Hawaii acquisition do you have any other paths for expansion on your mind?

Yes, there are some plans for the Pacific islands. But I only have so many colonists... As far as conquest goes, I want to head to Europe next.

It seems that the rum isn't gone for now... :p
And congratz for reaching the Hawaii's.

Thank you. :) It's good to get into a new "region" a bit.

Yay, new update and the promise of further bold warfar... erm adventures.

I like the direction you're heading. Hawai surely beckons either colonial undertakings or the riches of Asia. A Sapa Inca needs something to do while waiting for the truces to expire, after all.

Yeah, there are some plans for that direction. :) But it won't happen immediately as North America still needs the colonists and the Europeans get the military attention.

Once you get into Europe you might want to ally with that Mega-Morocco. Not for military reasons but to show that you are willing to work together with those who wisely colonised Africa, not America. A Muslim-Inti alliance might be the best chance for world peace after 1820.

Dunno, we have good relations with Fez and they grant us military access, but I'm not sure allying anyone is my thing when I'm this strong. :D I would probably like to stay friendly with them though - they haven't done anything to us so why not.

I hope Inca Empire will get a little ally. If nothing else, it could make wars more interesting (Inca forces coming to help the righteous against the wicked somewhere!). I think gameplay wise, you can easily afford possible inconveniences at this point.

Fez doesn't need help, that's for sure. :) So it'd have to be someone else if I wanted an inconvenience. But I'm not sure I need one - my current estimation is that I'll be quite busy until game end if I want to do everything I've planned. But if that changes, I'll consider this idea. :)

Fez doesn't need help, that's for sure. :) So it'd have to be someone else if I wanted an inconvenience. But I'm not sure I need one - my current estimation is that I'll be quite busy until game end if I want to do everything I've planned. But if that changes, I'll consider this idea. :)

That sounds great. Can't wait to see how your plans unfold.

Updating now, I'm not re-reading as I don't have the time and want to get it out there, so any typos/mistakes will be removed later. ;)

That sounds great. Can't wait to see how your plans unfold.

Might take a while but you'll see. :)

Chapter Sixty-six
1690-1693

Kitsach converts days after the Spanish peace. In November I complete a mission as the South American inland province of Guajajara is colonized (next one is decent enough, I have to fortify one of the conquered provinces and that's something I was going to do anyway), and Hawai'i - unsurprisingly due to the ridiculous missionary chance there - embraces Inti.

Soon afterwards a colonist is sent to Klallam. This will bring us to the Pacific coast in the north as well.

69_01.jpg

The next couple of months are spent sending troops to clear out some more provinces for colonization. Then in February 1691 we're ready to declare war on Portugal again. Unfortunately, the treaty annulment I forced on Spain in our previous war turns out to be useless as four months has been enough for them to guarantee Portugal again.

69_02.jpg

Some insignificant naval battles and eliminating the enemy presence on Hispaniola are the first steps. Starting in April, we push into Portuguese Canadian territory as well.

Halcomelem, the province north of Klallam, is the next colonization target, followed by Tillamuk, the next province south. Meanwhile, Payomkowishum starts producing fish. Sadly, most of the land in the Pacific coast region is relatively useless - as pretty much all vacant land is low tax, you need good resources for provinces to have value and they're rare there.

Spanish Chowanoc is the first enemy province to fall in May. After that, we're occupying several provinces a month for a while. In other news, Towakoni converts in July.

A major event takes place later in the month: Catalunya makes the fatal mistake they narrowly dodged earlier as they try to invade Lucayas.

69_03.jpg

Okay guys, you're doomed now. The attack is stopped by my ordinary garrison and I win a couple of naval battles too, capturing two galleys in the process, but the long term ramifications for Catalunya are the most important thing here.

Provinces keep falling without much else happening. I decide to expand my army a bit as fighting both Iberians at the same time has left me with no-one to handle rebels in North America. Yakama also grows into a city.

In mid-September it's time to sign some peace deals. White peace is secured with Geneve, England, Catalunya and Mossi (whatever that is), while three provinces are taken from Spain despite the full infamy cost. I didn't feel like letting them off the hook for free, and grabbing some carefully selected land in areas where they're a bit "deeper" could mean one less war in the future.

69_04.jpg

The new land upgrades my Livestock producer bonus, which is nice as it's a good one.

69_05.jpg

Tupinamba cores in October, while the fortification mission is finished. The next one is another colonization mission in inland South America; not a priority.

Kiliwa in California grows into a city in November, and in December Potiguana cores. As has been the case recently, the cores are popping on the Atlantic coast of South America.

I get a quite good event in my situation, Military re-fit. Essentially trading money for army tradition when I'm swimming in cash? Sign me up! Sadly it's for the shortest possible time.

69_06.jpg

Caruaru cores in January 1692. I get lucky in Klallam, one of the northwestern coastal provinces, when colonists strike gold.

I'm not sure why I'm paying attention anymore, but England gets its act together somewhat in February, at least conquering Wales, or the part of it that was independent to be exact.

69_07.jpg

Kalapuya, O'odhame, Guajajara and Tillamuk start producing maize, and I'm sending missionaries to the Caribbean islands now. Cochimi, the next province down Baja California, gets a colonist in April.

After passing by the island several times, the fleet happens to explore Kiribati in May. Also, Urubu'kaapoor cores and Kraho starts producing sugar.

More colonizable islands are found in July: Viti and Tonga in the very southwest corner of the map. Aonikenk cores.

In September we discover Samoa, while Halcomelem gets fur as its resource. This upgrades the producer bonus.

69_08.jpg

We finally control all the land we want to take in October, but Portugal isn't willing to negotiate. Drat. I start occupying more land and slaughtering more armies.

More Pacific islands are found in the late year - we know quite a few now.

69_09.jpg

January 30th, 1693 is a happy day when Tupac Hualpa is born, securing the succession. On the minus side, he continues the trend of crappy administrators.

69_10.jpg

My explorer dies in July. Meanwhile, I'm totally on a rampage in Portuguese territory.

This leads to results in late August when Portugal is finally ready for peace.

69_11.jpg

I grab quite a haul here. The Great Lakes are ours now...

69_12.jpg

...while Portugal is down to one province on Hispaniola.

69_13.jpg

69_14.jpg

What's the in-game name of the Sault there?

What's the in-game name of the Sault there?

Wahnapitee, if I read the map correctly. The MEIOU province names confuse me, and I doubt I'm the only one. :D

What is The Netherlands up to right now anyway? It doesn't seem to be doing badly, what with belgium being all nice and orange. And what is that orange bit in the north of modern Finland?

What is The Netherlands up to right now anyway? It doesn't seem to be doing badly, what with belgium being all nice and orange. And what is that orange bit in the north of modern Finland?

I already asked about that once, my fellow Prime Minister :D. Yes, it is Dutch as well ;).

Good stuff, more solid gains. You'll soon have North America locked down to colonise at your pleasure. The world is looking interesting at present but it needs more of Inca's brown (it looks like brown anyway) covering it!

Not quite all the Great Lakes territory. You soon will though. Tupac looks like a militaristic imperialist who will wade through Europe reeking havoc.

Colonising is the Inca way across what's left of North America and the pacific. Your very own island hopping campaign.
You slate Catalunya for what? Future disembowelment or just a mild telling off? Korea looks as if it is actually colonising and has started on Siberia.

The fact of Geneva owning England has meant one fewer major coloniser and France's little accident prevented the other major colonial pain in the butt. The Incas have been lucky that way.

Wahnapitee, if I read the map correctly. The MEIOU province names confuse me, and I doubt I'm the only one. :D

Yeah, well, I've never heard the name Wahnapitee before. The old Ojibwa name for the area is Baawitigong, which would have made sense.

I see, the Pacific islands bridge to Asia and Australia. But wait, Australia is already being colonised (by Korea?!). Will you have enough time, determination (not asking about strength, this you'll surely have) to push there really hard?

At this pace the Koreans might start colonising Alaska before you get there :eek:

if you're referring to province size then no, they're pretty huge.

Yeah, number of provinces per area, they do look quite big over there, although taking the map projection into account they are probably not that big.

The world map is pretty neat. It's good to see you've enclosed the West coast on the top and bottom. Now it's time to fill in between.

Yes, by finishing the coast I can "reserve" the inland provinces for Inca. :) There isn't that much colonization left in North America as a large portion of the empty space is wasteland.

Struggling against Sweden for control of Denmark it seems. One of the notable European powers for sure. Like Athalcor says, they do have that land in the north as well. They're about to lose half of it though.

I know it won't sound as a true-fan comment but: Isn't the game a bit repetitive for you atm?

"True-fan", heh...

Well, the answer is yes. The battle for America was intriguing for a long time, but now it's pretty much just about mopping up.

But the repetitiveness is about to end or at least take a backseat - next update, we're heading to Europe! ;)

Good stuff, more solid gains. You'll soon have North America locked down to colonise at your pleasure. The world is looking interesting at present but it needs more of Inca's brown (it looks like brown anyway) covering it!

Thanks. Yeah, sealing North America is the plan, much like I did with South America. And the Inca color (whatever it is) will be going places.

Not quite all the Great Lakes territory. You soon will though.

Well yeah, technically I'm not surrounding them yet. But that's just one more war.

Tupac looks like a militaristic imperialist who will wade through Europe reeking havoc.

Actually, the current Sapa Inca will begin that journey. ;)

Colonising is the Inca way across what's left of North America and the pacific. Your very own island hopping campaign.

Yes. The island hopping also starts in the next update.

You slate Catalunya for what? Future disembowelment or just a mild telling off?

They will be utterly annihilated. Barring failure on my part, any other nation that has dared to set foot on America will be removed from the map before this game is over.

Korea looks as if it is actually colonising and has started on Siberia.

Yeah, it's a shame that they've been just a little bit too fast for me to compete with.

The fact of Geneva owning England has meant one fewer major coloniser and France's little accident prevented the other major colonial pain in the butt. The Incas have been lucky that way.

England was a tad too slow getting into South America. They had a good enough number of provinces there in total but couldn't grow them into cities before I stole them. Of course their weakness back home helped me. France I've been lucky with for sure, Nice tried to colonize a bit but didn't get that far.

Of course on the other hand, stronger England and/or France might have made things harder for the Iberians as well.

Yeah, well, I've never heard the name Wahnapitee before. The old Ojibwa name for the area is Baawitigong, which would have made sense.

According to Wikipedia, Wahnapitae is an Ojibwa First Nation in Sudbury. But according to a map, Sudbury should be in the next province. Shrug...

I see, the Pacific islands bridge to Asia and Australia. But wait, Australia is already being colonised (by Korea?!). Will you have enough time, determination (not asking about strength, this you'll surely have) to push there really hard?

I don't know yet. Maybe I strike hard there, maybe I let Korea have what they get their hands on first and just grab the rest.

At this pace the Koreans might start colonising Alaska before you get there :eek:

If they do that, they're dead. Simple as that. :)

Yeah, number of provinces per area, they do look quite big over there, although taking the map projection into account they are probably not that big.

They're big enough. It takes an eternity to move an army there, that's one reason why the Portuguese wars have been a little bit annoying sometimes.

Chapter Sixty-seven
1693-1697

Let's take a look at who have signed their death sentences by stepping on American soil so far. Spain and Portugal are of course the obvious ones, as well as the third European with a current American province in England. Austria, Netherlands, Nice, Normandy (not existing currently) and Tuscany are the other nations that I've witnessed having colonies in South America, and many of them I already fought in order to throw them out. Recently, Catalunya joined the club with her ill-advised attempt to invade Lucayas. I'm undecided about Norway: they're holding Greenland, which is within the area I count as mine, but haven't actually operated in America. They'll have to give up Greenland, yes, but I'm not sure if they've deserved any further punishment.

But not being seen by me in-game is no defense. I go through a good number of provinces on the Atlantic coast and in the Caribbean, both my provinces and those currently owned by Iberians, looking at the histories. Turns out that I have four more targets that have had American colonies but lost them before I could see them: France, Ireland, Mallorca and Naples. Each is added to the list, and I intend to start going through it now.

* * *​

To that end, I recruit another 20000 men. I also start construction on Religious Buildings in all of my current Catholic provinces. Then in December, Payomkowishum reaches city status and a colonist is sent to Chumash, the next province up the Pacific coast near the U.S.-Mexican border area.

We get Trade tech level 40 in January 1694, while Korsou converts to Inti, becoming the first non-continental American province to do so. Tapeba cores in February - another one on the South American Atlantic coast.

Production tech level 40 is reached in March, while Oahu converts in April, finishing Hawaii, and Paragua in May, finishing South America (except for the different pagans in the still uncolonized provinces).

70_01.jpg

Tragedy strikes later in the month when I get the Heir falls ill event: technically a 50-50 chance of the heir dying but, as we all know, he dies 95% of the time. This time is no exception, which is a bit scary considering how old Huayna Capac II is.

70_02.jpg

We get one more core in each of the next five months, again all in the same area. Meanwhile, I slaughter some more natives in the north. Then in November, Catacamas converts and all of Central America is Inti too.

70_03.jpg

One more core in December, and both Klallam and Kalapuya grow into cities. Both are northern provinces.

As 1695 starts we learn Government tech level 41 and Naval tech level 40. A couple more cores pop in the early year, and Cochimi starts producing fur and reaches city status in April. I therefore send a colonist to the neighboring Waicura, the last vacant province in Baja California.

70_04.jpg

Chumash gets fish as its resource while a small transport fleet reaches Tuamotu, the Pacific island group nearest to us. With the locals dead, we send some Incas to replace them. It will take a year and a half though. En-ne-sen, the province north of Chumash, also gets a colonist.

Halcomelem, my northernmost province on the Pacific coast, grows into a city in August and we move up the coast into Holikochuk. Kalinago, the Caribbean island I took from the English, embraces Inti.

Speaking of England, they conquer four provinces from Scotland, increasing the randomness of the British Isles.

70_05.jpg

Meanwhile, the freshly recruited 20000 men board my fleet, heading for the Old World stopover in Fez...

Guajajara starts producing sugar and I start actually sending some colonists there - as a South American inland province I've completely neglected it since colonizing it because of a mission, but with sugar it should be productive enough. Still a low priority though.

Zacatlan cores in October. This is interesting because it's the first Mexican colony that I seized from Portugal to core. Some other provinces in the region also core in the coming months.

Ohlone, another province on the Pacific coast, gets a colonist in January 1696 while more Pacific Ocean islands are cleared for colonization. Meanwhile, Waicura starts producing lumber.

Then in May, my European expedition reaches its target and war is declared. As Katenga, whoever that is, dishonors their alliance, it's one-on-one between the Incas and the Irish.

70_06.jpg

The fact that I noticed that Ireland is also due for punishment has pushed the European schedule forward some years. I'm not entering the mainland yet - I want to do that with style, striking against a major, and there's still too much work in America for that - but the island should be very useful as a staging area.

Ireland has next to no troops at home and I've cleared them by July. However, they have decent numbers, I just don't know where they're keeping them. I'll worry about them when I see them, now I'll just start sieges.

Chilkat, the next province up the coast in the north, gets a colonist. Tillamuk in the same region reaches city status in August, while gold is found in Payomkowishum. En-ne-sen has to make do with lumber.

I guess I get a partial answer to my questions about the location of Ireland's armies in September as they try to attack Kalinago. My local forces are able to defeat the invaders.

70_07.jpg

Another battle is fought in November as the Irish survivors attempt to free one of their home provinces. They don't fare any better there however. Also, Sepinpicam cores.

The Spanish truce ran out months ago but some exceptional rebel issues in the border area kept me from declaring war. The revolts are dealt with by early December and we end up in another war with the usual suspects.

70_08.jpg

During the rest of the month we win two assaults in Spanish territory, sink some Irish and Spanish ships, eliminate the small Irish army that has been harassing us, and most importantly occupy Mide, Ireland's capital.

70_09.jpg

As 1697 rolls around the negligible Spanish military presence in their U.S. provinces is gone. We also capture two Spanish ships and sink others. Kitsay and Akokisa convert to Inti, moving the Inti-Catholic "border" in the U.S. area a bit farther east.

In February Holikochuk starts producing fur while we deal with a small navy from Geneve near Land's End. March gives a total of thirteen cores - the first Portuguese peace deal. They include the second part of the connection between the original Cuzco homeland and the lands we inherited from the Mesoamericans; there's now a continuous cored area stretching from the southern tip of South America to the Mexican-U.S. border.

70_10.jpg

The Irish keep pestering me in Kalinago, landing one regiment that's easily defeated. One of my main fleets moves to intercept.

70_11.jpg

...oops. Turns out that they had a bit of an admiral. All ships to port, now! Shipbuilding is commenced immediately to replace the lost vessels.

We get Government tech level 42 in June while Garifuna and Ichirouganaim, two of the Antilles, convert, Ohlone starts producing maize and we sign white peace with Catalunya. Your time will come but it isn't now. Chumash also grows into a city.

Geneve gets white peace the next month, while two Irish provinces fall. When one more is occupied in early August I send all of the Irish Invasion Force into the last one, looking to assault and finish this war. We're successful on the 30th and sign peace on the last day of the month, leaving the Irish with nothing but their capital and emptying their meager treasury.

70_12.jpg

Days before that we had occupied the last Spanish province that we want, and Spain is willing to negotiate. However, we have other plans - plans we couldn't go through with while the Irish had naval supremacy. While my ships sail from Ireland towards their destination, a colonist is sent to Otaheite, another group of Pacific islands.

In mid-November our men land in Kalaalisut, seizing the Norwegian colony. Greenland is Incan now.

70_13.jpg

As a bonus, unless our colonist fails a couple of times at 99%, we're just barely able to culture flip.

There's still nearly a year before the Portuguese truce is over, and I don't feel like sitting on the Spanish for that long. Peace is signed, maybe they don't re-guarantee Portugal this time (as if).

70_14.jpg

70_15.jpg

Spain is almost out of this region.

Our quite notable expansion is clearly visible on the world map. Another thing of interest: France has been conquered by Brittany. I suppose the French heard that I've learned of their past sins and am coming for them, so they figured they might as well cease to exist now.

70_16.jpg

I still can't get over the stories Europeans must tell each other about the Inca. Then, having them appear in Ireland . . .

Great update, Malurous. Bad luck with the heir, though.

I seem to remember Ireland is a great place for Invasion Europe :)

Also, objecting to Norwegian Greenland is a little bit harsh - not like they're Swedish is it!