• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's a worrying development with your PU in a war with Portugal. Again you didn't inherit on a change of ruler, which seems very odd. You kept the PU though. he game saw fit to remove your 6 ADM guy, so you can't westernize immediately you have portugal for a neighbour. Your next heir, should he survive, is a military genius, which you might very well need.

Your previous kept busy converting Bio Bio and painting, definitely a sign of weakness and mental instabilty since Bio Bio is Inti through and through. And your current heir makes it appear as though the game expects a lot of war.

Tenochtiltan is growing steadily, but can reach Copan through Zapotec, but is vulnerable to seaborne landings. Inherit soon or try to PU Uxmal.

Workshops gave you a decent boost and more units is always a good thing.

That was surprisingly early for the Portuguese to show up. I wasn't expecting them for at least another fifty years. I guess it's time to unleash the demon llamas (handled by those hardy seamen who don't know what a boat is).

How big is Tenochtitlan's army? It's possible they could just bury the Portuguese in numbers, particularly if they don't have a lot of transports to ship in men.

I'm not sure what the average wait time is for inheriting a PU, but in one game I had a PU with Aragon that lasted for 120 years and four monarchs. Although in that case I wasn't actively trying to kill my emperors.

On the plus side, they're as far away from Tenochtitlan as they could be and it's only Portugal, rather than Castille. With any luck, they'll have the Azores tied up so the big boys won't be arriving for a while yet.

On the minus side, this is frustratingly early. Another couple of decades and you could have inherited and be carving out a nice central American empire. That Tenochtitlan's at war with them doesn't help matters either.

Still, the prospect of westernisation is now very real if you can manage to pull off an inheritance before the Europeans swallow the whole map.

February 1480 and Portugal has already annexed a mesoamerican state ? That's a bit early :p

(It's true that we have difficulties targetting Portugal AI around Africa and to India...).

They have split the world ? Mesoamerica to Portugal and Andean America to Majorca ? :D

Some feedback:

What are these seamen?
Portuguese semen?

I gotta admit, I always think of South Park when I see that event... :rolleyes:

That's just good news now Teno will lose some provinces to them then you inherite Teno and Bingo!!! U have Western nation as your neightbour.
Then it's just time to Westernise ^^

That would of course be the best case scenario. :D Let's hope for that - I would have preferred inheriting first so I could have been ready.

They are allied to Switzerland and Majorca. You are doomed!

Hey, it could be easier, Mallorca is an island so they just might have a navy! :eek:

That's a worrying development with your PU in a war with Portugal.

Tell me about it... :(

Again you didn't inherit on a change of ruler, which seems very odd. You kept the PU though. he game saw fit to remove your 6 ADM guy, so you can't westernize immediately you have portugal for a neighbour.

I find the situation worrying. I don't want to wait too long for inheritance, I thought my waiting quota was done with the PU wait. :p But seriously, unless I get it soon I'll be in trouble with the Portuguese in Central America.

Hopefully I'll get a 6 ADM ruler in a timely manner when I'm close to the Portuguese...

Your previous kept busy converting Bio Bio and painting, definitely a sign of weakness and mental instabilty since Bio Bio is Inti through and through.

Maybe it's a coping mechanism. Each Sapa Inca keeps telling himself that Bio Bio has to be converted so the lack of any important issues to handle doesn't make them feel bad about themselves as rulers.

Tenochtiltan is growing steadily, but can reach Copan through Zapotec, but is vulnerable to seaborne landings. Inherit soon or try to PU Uxmal.

IIRC Uxmal hasn't had any succession issues the whole game. I am actually considering DoWing someone and letting Tenochtitlan do the fighting - to tell the truth I am going to do that at some point if I get the opportunity - but for that I need a war that they can win.

Fortunately, seaborne landings shouldn't be much of an issue. I don't think the Portuguese have enough transports in the region for that.

That was surprisingly early for the Portuguese to show up. I wasn't expecting them for at least another fifty years. I guess it's time to unleash the demon llamas (handled by those hardy seamen who don't know what a boat is).

Yeah, I didn't expect them yet either. I feel that Europeans generally come to America later in MEIOU, so this is very early for the mod. That's unfortunate as I could have used another couple of decades.

How big is Tenochtitlan's army? It's possible they could just bury the Portuguese in numbers, particularly if they don't have a lot of transports to ship in men.

Big enough that I could do that. The AI? No, it doesn't know how to pick its spots.

I'm not sure what the average wait time is for inheriting a PU, but in one game I had a PU with Aragon that lasted for 120 years and four monarchs. Although in that case I wasn't actively trying to kill my emperors.

In HTTT? That's rare. I sure hope that won't be the case here. Of course, the total amount of years there is inflated by a pretty long average reign length.

Yes an early show by our European gold loving, horse riding, iron cladded "friends" from the east.
And no inheritance...We'll see what happens in the war, maybe nothing:rofl:

Heh I'd be entirely fine with nothing happening. :D

On the plus side, they're as far away from Tenochtitlan as they could be and it's only Portugal, rather than Castille. With any luck, they'll have the Azores tied up so the big boys won't be arriving for a while yet.

True. If they were next to Tenochtitlan, I wouldn't have a chance.

On the minus side, this is frustratingly early. Another couple of decades and you could have inherited and be carving out a nice central American empire. That Tenochtitlan's at war with them doesn't help matters either.

Indeed. I wish I'd had that time. And I also wish Tenochtitlan wasn't being stupid. Stupid in a lot of ways, really: they're stupid to go into war with Portugal in the first place, and the way they fight is also stupid. Not good. :mad:

Still, the prospect of westernisation is now very real if you can manage to pull off an inheritance before the Europeans swallow the whole map.

That's what we can only hope for. :)

And, to look at the bright side, while it would have been really nice to get Central America under control first, this chaotic situation sure beats not getting the PU in the first place and still sitting around in South America with nothing of interest going on.

February 1480 and Portugal has already annexed a mesoamerican state ? That's a bit early :p

(It's true that we have difficulties targetting Portugal AI around Africa and to India...).

Like I've said a couple of times, this isn't really representative of my experiences with MEIOU. This is early, and in an unfortunate game for that.

They have split the world ? Mesoamerica to Portugal and Andean America to Majorca ? :D

Haha! That treaty certainly has a different ring to it. :D

Regarding that (letting the AI fight my wars for me), I just ran some tests on an old save. Does anyone have an idea why Tenochtitlan doesn't join any wars that I start in Mesoamerica but doesn't dishonor the alliance either? I mean they kind of do as they won't fight, but they don't get a prestige hit and the alliance stays in effect and the relations don't suffer a hit either. I tested DoWs on both Mesoamericans and Portugal here, so it's not like they can't see the target. Meanwhile, I tried releasing a South American vassal and DoWing them and Tenochtitlan did join that war. So is there actually some kind of a mechanism in the game that prevents abuse like this? Because I haven't heard of any such thing.

Show those Europeans that the New World doesn't belong to foreign colonizers!

Well, foreign colonisers who aren't the Inca anyway. I'm not sure the Central American states would make much of distinction between the Europeans and Andeans when it comes to resisting oppressors. :)

I'll post the next chapter in a couple of hours.

I think it is because you can't get there to fight.

I think he's right.

Okay, that was my assumption as well. I just never heard of such a safeguard. I sure hope there isn't a similar one for inheriting! :eek:

I know it is probably stupid question, but do they know about you?

Yes.

Görr....

Rrright! :D

Still not finished reading it but you just made me download MEIOU!

Happy to hear that I've been able to have such an influence, it's a great mod!

Show those Europeans that the New World doesn't belong to foreign colonizers!

I'll do what the random number generator allows me to! :D Okay, that's not exactly a Braveheart-esque pep talk...

Well, foreign colonisers who aren't the Inca anyway. I'm not sure the Central American states would make much of distinction between the Europeans and Andeans when it comes to resisting oppressors. :)

Sure they would! :mad: After all, we have such a long history of throwing cash their way (granted, after we need to mend relations after some kind of a betrayal) while the Europeans only fight them. :D Oh and of course in game terms, we are heretics while the Europeans are heathens from their POV.

Yey and of course it comes when im doing something else god damn it :(

I promise I won't delete the update - it'll still be there when you have time. :D

And again
Hörr....

This is starting to scare me - you have too many consonants to go through still...