• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The mess in europe doesn't look that bad at all to be honest. It's mostly spain/france/italy that looks rather messy, the rest is consolidating rather nicely I think.

The disaster actually isn't all bad in this case, as I can now flip the province to Quechua and Inti.

So it was not a mere conspiracy theory, the Incan government did have a hand in this so that they could culture flip!

Very nicely done with Spain, their holdings continue to dwindle quickly. I'll be glad when you do finally secure North America for yourself though as I agree with the other replies; Europe is a mess and needs cleaned up!

Last edited:
Who's the brown next to the Korean colonies in Australia?

I'd like to know that, too. I'd love to see Switzerland there, but I'm not even sure they have a port. So, my money is on a desperate Dai Viet.

Also, thanks for the neat update. Looks like you're just two wars away from making the Carribean an Incan pond. Just hope the next Sapa Inca will pay a bit more attention to the administrative side of things.

I'd like to say that I'll update tomorrow as I'm almost ready with the next chapter, but with some Christmas related stuff going on tomorrow I'll say either then or the day after. EDIT: It's still day after tomorrow in some timezone, right? ;)

Who's the brown next to the Korean colonies in Australia?

I don't know as it's TI for me, but I suspect that MannheimCouncil is on to something - it's probably one of the SE Asian minors.

I started this game being 100% strict about not looking at anything I can't see in-game, and while I started taking the F12 maps for presentation reasons when I could see Europe, I don't think I'm going to go any further than that as far as looking at things I'm not "supposed" to see goes.

Another nice update :) But Europe keeps looking like a mess! I suggest you should go there and bring some order to the lands :D

Thanks! :) It is on the agenda naturally, but I'd say it's 5-10 wars away (that's 15-30 years ordinarily, but closer to the latter now as I need some WE reduction time) unless I get bored and go there sooner, which might very well happen considering my track record here. :D But optimally, I don't want to have to worry about wars in America that much anymore when I go to Europe.

Is Overextension any different in MEIOU than it was in vanilla?

Nope IIRC, exactly the same.

Impressive. These stupid little islands had to be taken sooner or later. Still a lot of trouble for 'em.

Thanks. :) Yeah, the logistics made it a bit more troublesome than most of my recent wars. But I'm happy with the end result.

Darn that pesky smallpox. How...unfortunate.

Heh, being able to culture convert the province certainly makes it infinitely better than getting it in a Quechua province.

Thank you! :)

Just for giggles you should take the Iberian holdings of Spain, Portugal and Aragon! Also, you should convert Rome to the one true faith. ;)

No problem. :) Let's just say that the Iberian nations are going to be in trouble when I get that far. :D They've caused me plenty of trouble after all.

The mess in europe doesn't look that bad at all to be honest. It's mostly spain/france/italy that looks rather messy, the rest is consolidating rather nicely I think.

It's not that bad anywhere, really. A lot of pretty healthy mid-sized nations, that's quite good. But there's also some silliness that maybe makes the whole look worse than it actually is...

So it was not a mere conspiracy theory, the Incan government did have a hand in this so that they could culture flip!

*whistling innocently*

Very nicely done with Spain, their holdings continue to dwindle quickly. I'll be glad when you do finally secure North America for yourself though as I agree with the other replies; Europe is a mess and needs cleaned up!

Cheers. Getting the islands was the worst part in taking care of the Spanish holdings in America, so the remaining wars before Europe should be relatively straightforward, especially if I get around to expanding the army (it's a bit of a hassle because my cores are so far away).

I'd like to know that, too. I'd love to see Switzerland there, but I'm not even sure they have a port. So, my money is on a desperate Dai Viet.

Yeah I don't think it's the Swiss, but it would be awesome. Hopefully we'll find out.

Also, thanks for the neat update. Looks like you're just two wars away from making the Carribean an Incan pond. Just hope the next Sapa Inca will pay a bit more attention to the administrative side of things.

Glad to hear you liked it. :) The amount of Caribbean wars depends on how I approach it - if I want to minimize the infamy and use the Colonialism CB as much as I can it'll take a bit longer, but I don't think that's necessary.

Dat revolt....
But it seems that you always get everything under control. :D

I do. ;) I get a lot of revolts, but it's that one event that gets annoying. I'm taking steps to really increase the conversion efforts, so that should make things better in the long run.

Excellent now to burn some infamy and WE and see what happens in the rest of the world.

Exactly! I can really use the down time and with that big pile of infamy, I can actually get it.

Last edited:
Chapter Sixty-three
1677-1683

I'm aiming for several years of rest and recuperation now. WE has to be reduced and the major gains of the latest war mean that I can burn infamy too.

We get a rare conversion to Inti in Cocotame in May. Conversion efforts will be increased very soon...

Bah-kho-je grows into a city in June, and I start another colony on the Pacific coast. Men are dispatched to slaughter the natives in some other vacant provinces to make sure I don't run out of good colonization targets. As usual, I forget to send a pirate patrol to the new province, with predictable results.

Production Tech level 38 is reached in September, while Wayapi and Yanonami core the next month. That's excellent news, our conquests on the east coast of South America are starting to core!

66_01.jpg

Apalai and Wayana in the same region follow suit in November. I also start expanding the army even though recruiting is slow with the WE - I've been a bit lazy with that lately, but as I want small but dedicated rebel bashing armies for the new islands, my current numbers just won't do.

Kali'na cores in December, while Aragon gets annexed by Mallorca. One enemy less.

66_02.jpg

Taparahoni and Curantyne core in January 1678 and February, respectively. I also take care of the Pacific coast pirates.

Apinaye grows into a city in March. I had it for a while for a colony with such a short colonist time, but since it's an inland South American province (only colonized so early because a mission told me to) I hadn't gotten around to finishing it earlier.

Urubu'kaapoor, Tapanahomi and Ozaagii get 1 base tax each from Colonial policy during the early year. Another Pacific coast colony that's established in June removes the silly "hole" of no Inca presence there.

66_03.jpg

In August a Cardinal is hired. Combined with a Theologian we got earlier in the year, converting should become a lot easier.

66_04.jpg

A colonist is sent to Otoe, another province near the Portuguese border, in September while we get Government Tech 39 for the next Idea in October. Did I mention that I'm trying to get some converting going?

66_05.jpg

Granted, Divine Supremacy would have given a missionary chance bonus on top of a similar yearly gain, but missionary amount is more of an issue than the chance for us and the WE reduction is too nice to pass up.

Hawikuh, an inland province near the new Pacific coast colonies, gets the next Inca settlement in October. Meanwhile, Haiki grows into a city.

Maracaibo gets the honor of being the last province whose base tax gain via event I'm going to mention as the frequency is getting out of hand with my province count. You can just assume that I get a handful of such boosts every year.

Nimi'ipuu, the lone non-wasteland province that lets me colonize farther to the northwest, gets a colonist in December. Then in February 1679 I colonize Comcaac, the next province up the Pacific coast.

I move the national focus to Maracaibo in March. This gives a total of eight Catholic provinces a missionary chance boost, and Maracaibo itself gets my first missionary in a while.

66_06.jpg

Aztlan starts producing maize in May, while the recently cored Yanonami tries to prove its allegiance by suffering an earthquake. It's a poor showing however with only about one hundred deaths.

Otoe gets lumber as its resource in September, but upgrades to cotton pretty soon after. Hawikuh also gets cotton, while Colhuacan has to make do with fish and Comcaac with maize. I have to colonize these Pacific coast provinces to make sure no-one else gets in, but they just aren't very good...

When Trade Tech 38 is discovered in December, I'm ahead of time in everything for the first time!

66_07.jpg

We start building Religious buildings in each of the recently conquered islands for missionary chance bonuses. We have one in all other Catholic provinces already.

Maracaibo converts in February 1680 and Yaruro in May. No wonder, the chance was over 30% in both as they're affected by the national focus. Meanwhile, Nimi'ipuu starts producing fur and Aztlan grows into a city.

Unhappiness Among the Clergy fires in July, and I decide to take the Narrowminded move. I'm max Innovative, and with my now superb tech situation I can afford to take a step back in order to get yet more missionaries.

66_08.jpg

Coyllas Chalcuchima is the third general to die during my down time, leaving me with none. Fortunately I should still have a decent amount of land tradition when I start fighting again since I have plenty now.

Colhuacan grows into a city in March 1681, while I assign my explorer to the small fleet I have on the Pacific. Time to get to know the seas around this region a bit, especially since I'm now getting more of a presence.

66_09.jpg

My WE is getting pretty low and I don't have that much infamy either. I'm wondering when I should declare war on the Iberians when disaster strikes: two thousand people, or ninety percent of the population, die of smallpox in Myaamia in July.

66_10.jpg

I'm left with a colony of 200 inhabitants right in what would be the main front; this could delay things. It becomes the number one colonizing priority. At least I can culture flip.

Then in November, the adjacent Potawatami gets smallpox as well. This time, 1800 people die and I'm left with 400 in a province that's, if possible, even more vulnerable than Myaamia.

Yavapai near the Pacific colonies is settled, while we get Land Tech 40 in December. Hawikuh then grows into a city.

Some 3300 die of an earthquake in Lucayas in April 1682. The next month, Bucaramanga converts. Comcaac grows into a city in September, and soon after Yabaraya becomes the next Inti province. By the end of the year, WE is under one.

Otoe and Nimi'ipuu both reach city status in March 1683. Our troops start moving towards the border, and men are shipped to our foothold province on Hispaniola.

In May I get a slider move: we get rid of a discipline penalty as the middle of the Quality-Quantity slider is finally reached.

66_11.jpg

Yavapai starts producing maize, and UmoNhoN (go figure...) gets a colonist in May. It's one of the empty provinces that connect to our lands in the northwest, so this is a strategic choice more than anything. Also in May, WE reaches zero. As soon as the smallpox provinces become cities again, we're ready for war.

Potawatami is the first one to do so in July, and Myaamia follows suit in October. We've added some land by colonizing in the last couple of years, but now it's time to get more aggressive.

66_12.jpg

Will you strike at Yellow, or Green? If they aren't allied, then weakening one might strengthen the other as they attack each other in Europe.

A nice consolidation and bad luck with the diseases. Europeans sure are plague carriers.

Hmm. Is it just me, or do I notice a spot of colour in the middle of the pacific?
Is it possible to get to Asia from there?

Will you strike at Yellow, or Green? If they aren't allied, then weakening one might strengthen the other as they attack each other in Europe.

A nice consolidation and bad luck with the diseases. Europeans sure are plague carriers.

Yes, consolidation was the key word here. At least I was lucky enough to get the nastier natural disasters in wrong culture provinces so there's the silver lining of culture flipping.

I'd prefer Green but I haven't checked the political situation yet. I'm in a bit more of a hurry with them as I have to go through them to reach the last Yellow lands. ;)

Hmm. Is it just me, or do I notice a spot of colour in the middle of the pacific?
Is it possible to get to Asia from there?

I suppose you mean Hawaii. If so, my ships are closing in as we speak. :) That's an easy conquest that I want to do at some point - my theory is that being a US state in our timeline makes it a part of America and therefore something I have to take. :D

Gah! Everything is so messy in that world map! D:

I'll try to make it better, but I fear the end result won't be exactly perfect. :p Recent progress isn't very good on that front as my latest colonization efforts are slowly making my North American holdings look like (expletive) too. :rofl: Sadly, blocking the coasts is more important than aesthetics...

Even the greatest empires need to consolidate once in a while :D. Looking forward to your upcoming war efforts ;).

True, especially if they happen to roll with an ADM 3 leader for several decades. ;) It was certainly necessary, and we should indeed be ready for action again.

I was a bit despondent when reading of the poor disaster suffered by Yanonami but thankfully (I'm not entirely sure if 'thankfully' is the right word here!) Myaamia, Potawatami and Lucayas got things back on track with proper disasters! A useful period of peace then and now war.

I want to wish all of my readAARs Merry Christmas/whatever festivity your culture+religion combination has/if not applicable then just happy times for no particular reason! :D I'm spending both Christmas and New Year at my parents' place and, with no work in between, I'm not sure if I'll go home before 2012. If I do I'll probably update, but if I don't then see you next year!

I was a bit despondent when reading of the poor disaster suffered by Yanonami but thankfully (I'm not entirely sure if 'thankfully' is the right word here!) Myaamia, Potawatami and Lucayas got things back on track with proper disasters! A useful period of peace then and now war.

Well, you have to maintain traditions, so I'm sure "thankful" is right. ;) Yeah war is very close, still have to do some maneuvering though since I'm in position for Portugal and I'll be declaring on Spain after all (turns out that Spain is guaranteeing Portugal's independence).

You can always try... :p

I will, I promise! ;)

I want to wish all of my readAARs Merry Christmas/whatever festivity your culture+religion combination has/if not applicable then just happy times for no particular reason! :D I'm spending both Christmas and New Year at my parents' place and, with no work in between, I'm not sure if I'll go home before 2012. If I do I'll probably update, but if I don't then see you next year!

Well, you have to maintain traditions, so I'm sure "thankful" is right. ;) Yeah war is very close, still have to do some maneuvering though since I'm in position for Portugal and I'll be declaring on Spain after all (turns out that Spain is guaranteeing Portugal's independence).

I will, I promise! ;)

Merry Xmas and a happy new year to you as well!

I will, I promise! ;)

Happy Christmas and happy new year to you as well!
+ Good. :D

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you too! I hope you have a great one.

I suppose you mean Hawaii. If so, my ships are closing in as we speak. :) That's an easy conquest that I want to do at some point - my theory is that being a US state in our timeline makes it a part of America and therefore something I have to take. :D

So how far does this US thing go...Guam???The Philippines? Samoa!!!

True, especially if they happen to roll with an ADM 3 leader for several decades. ;) It was certainly necessary, and we should indeed be ready for action again.
Yes, ADM3 is almost as annoying as DIP3...but just not quite IMHO
And Merry Christmas to one and all

Yes, I meant Hawaii.
Can you use that as a jumpoff point for southeast asia?

Merry christmas :)