+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 77 FirstFirst ... 21 46 61 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1531

Thread: Children of the Sun - a Cuzco MEIOU AAR

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection

Excellent progress by the Incas under the wise rule of Huyana Capac II.
    That's quite the province haul.
    I was Sir blsteen, Knight of the Eastern West... in :One Last HurRAAh: A Milanese Empire Interactive AAR:

I was FOTW 11/25/09 and 9/12/10

Arsenal of DemocracyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Inca > Europeans. At least here...

Great update Mal! Keep pounding on those minimalistic Europeans who can not reach the Incan levels. They have even admitted it and calls themselves colonial now...
    Armageddon was yesterday - Today we have a serious problem!
    ------

Govenor of Earth in "The Paradoxian Federation" - Aurora Forum Game II - YOUR PLANET NEEDED YOU!! - Died due to Computer Crash

Games Archive and Active Games: Link

Come and play Werewolf with us! We Bite and Growl and are looking for more meat! Link

PAY ATTENTION WHEN DRIVING!

A bunny with a hat Moderator Nikolai II's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Divine WindFor The GloryGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldRome: Vae Victis
    Hoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Time to start guaranteeing people in the hopes of stumbling into wars, or just time to build armies and whack rebels, or?
    FSM! I am convinced. Are you?
    IPU! I have faith. Do you?

GENERATION 33: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Malurous View Post
    Plague kills 16800 people in Mayapan. After all the pathetic disasters in recent years this is a breath of fresh air.
    Or rather a breath of plague filled, rancid air? Thank goodness for this anyway, the last natural disasters were hugely dissapointing!

A pity regarding Huayna Capac II's passing, he was a truly great leader. Sadly the same cannot quite be said of his 3/3/4 son...
    This AAR Soks
    WritAAR of the Week: 8 January 2012 and Weekly AAR Showcase: 15 April 2012

Are you Deshtined to suffer another kiss?
    Favourite EU Comedy AAR AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 (Q3) and 2011 (Q3)
    Character Writer of the Week: 5 December 2010

My Inkwell - Warning! This content is rated EP: Extremely Poor
    Fan of the Week: 7 September 2010, 27 February 2011 and 26 April 2012

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMagicka
    Sword of the Stars500k club

But having bad stats on Incan rules is a time-honoured tradition!
    "Donít only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
    -- Ludwig von Beethoven

Boris ze Spider: I have a question, was this just luck, or?
    EUROO7: No, this was Randy's black magic.
    Boris ze Spider: Lesson learned, always trust Randy's black magic.

*** Current Overseer of BloodCarnage, a Dwarf Fortress Succession Game. Get dorfed today! ***

Holder of the sacred Eurobuck of Immunity

The future scares me. It should scare you too!

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by MannheimCouncil View Post
    Wow, that is the longest ruler history I've ever seen. Although the "brief" and "short" wars with Iberians look odd in contrast to the "Long Incan-Hawaiian Imperialist War". At least your heir is almost half-way along to adolescence, but the regency council is going to hurt.
    Yeah it's funny that the Hawaiian war was one of the longest wars we've fought. That's what you get for sieging instead of assaulting - I didn't want to ship armies capable of assaulting level 3 forts to Hawaii as it would have been a terrible hassle with no long term benefit.

At least I was lucky enough to get the regency while I was still at war so I could take more to partially compensate for the current inability to declare wars.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonizer View Post
    WOW 210 provinces he was busy.
    You counted them? But yes, he truly was.

Kind of a rough rep to follow though.
    Notice several enemy provinces still in north america.
    It is! Yeah, I'll try and attack Portugal again when I can to keep the American campaign going.

Think I will reread the whole AAR.
    Whee, happy to hear that!

Quote Originally Posted by blsteen View Post
    Excellent progress by the Incas under the wise rule of Huyana Capac II.
    That's quite the province haul.
    It is, considering that we're more than 350 years into the game it's quite impressive that one Sapa Inca manages to double the size of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendap View Post
    Inca > Europeans. At least here...

Great update Mal! Keep pounding on those minimalistic Europeans who can not reach the Incan levels. They have even admitted it and calls themselves colonial now...
    Ah Rendap, thanks and good to have you here! That's a good way to look at the colonial flip. It's a shame that the culture change events from colonial cultures to the local ones (for instance the Colonial Spanish -> Colombian flips we've seen in Inca territory) check the region so Gavaudan can't flip into Canadian or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolai II View Post
    Time to start guaranteeing people in the hopes of stumbling into wars, or just time to build armies and whack rebels, or?
    The latter. I almost maxed out BB so I should be able to just sit around until the heir is old enough.

Quote Originally Posted by morningSIDEr View Post
    Or rather a breath of plague filled, rancid air? Thank goodness for this anyway, the last natural disasters were hugely dissapointing!
    Indeed! "This is a breath of rancid air" would certainly be a fun expression to use.

A pity regarding Huayna Capac II's passing, he was a truly great leader. Sadly the same cannot quite be said of his 3/3/4 son...
    It's not the son that's 3/3/4, it's the regency council. Sayri Tupac is actually very good.

Quote Originally Posted by randakar View Post
    But having bad stats on Incan rules is a time-honoured tradition!
    True, especially when it comes to the administration stat. The current regency council is ADM 3, Huayna Capac II was ADM 3, Pachacutec II before him was ADM 3 and the regency for Pachacutec II was ADM 3 as well. In the best case scenario (i.e. Sayri Tupac doesn't die before taking the throne) we'll have had ADM 3 from 1629 until 1725. Good thing the guy before that managed to fully westernize or we would have been royally screwed with this run.
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the Stars

Yes I did and I read 51 pages in 9hrs last night & morning had to stop at 05:43 and go to sleep.
    I AM A WARMONGER, I DO WC's 137+
    "Whenever you do anything, Act as if all the world were watching" (THOMAS JEFFERSON)

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

It is quite an addictive read once you get into it, Dragonizer!

Good update. Let's hope the heir will do as good as his father. Although I highly doubt he can add that many provinces lol! Very impressive deeds.
    AAR's:
    Eendraght Maeckt Maght: A Brabant AAR with the D&T mod. Join Brabant in its journey to uniting the Netherlands and Europe under one banner!

Participating in:
    We, the People -- A USA Interactive FTM AAR as Senator John Linton from Florida for the Democratic Party.

East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Sword of the Stars

Thumbs up

15hrs to reread.
    It was even better the 2nd time.
    If march times are so long in far north what about amphibious landings?
    my marine corps time has to ask.

Unrelated: can someone tell me why while I am reading I get bumped off forum and have to login again?
    "Whenever you do anything, Act as if all the world were watching" (THOMAS JEFFERSON)

The Guardian of Divergences Athalcor's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IV

Could you post some graphs? (like showing the number of provinces over time etc)
    All Hail Britannia - a V2 AAR - awarded the Weekly AAR Showcase on 6/15/14.

The Q2 ACAs are calling!

Paradox Interactive: We put the story into history.

My two other shamefully abandoned AARs...(there is also a third one hiding in the corners of the V2 AARland, not even worth linking)

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane

I've run into some trouble with this. I played through the ~seven year regency in one long sitting only to find out afterwards that EU III inexplicably stopped saving the screenshots about a year in. This means that, since replaying would be both questionable and boring, this period won't be described in detail like the rest of the AAR has been. My apologies. Then again, it might be a good thing as seven years of no meaningful interaction with any other nation - I mean, how can you "interact meaningfully" when you can't declare war - probably isn't the most interesting thing to read a detailed description about.

So the plan now is to go back to the game and grab some screenshots (provided it actually works this time) of maps and stats, then piece together what I can of the major events of this period. We'll see what I can come up with as this is a totally different approach from what I usually have, but I hope it will be something of interest.

Yes I did and I read 51 pages in 9hrs last night & morning had to stop at 05:43 and go to sleep.
    Kudos for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Sethanon View Post
    It is quite an addictive read once you get into it, Dragonizer!

Good update. Let's hope the heir will do as good as his father. Although I highly doubt he can add that many provinces lol! Very impressive deeds.
    Thanks! The number might be difficult to top, he'd have to live a ridiculously long life as well for starters...

15hrs to reread.
    It was even better the 2nd time.
    If march times are so long in far north what about amphibious landings?
    my marine corps time has to ask.

Unrelated: can someone tell me why while I am reading I get bumped off forum and have to login again?
    Good to hear that it was still enjoyable!

Hmm, now that we're nearing the coastline in most places that might be worth a shot, thanks.

I wouldn't know, I've had no issues like that... Try asking in the Forum Help section if it persists.

Quote Originally Posted by Athalcor View Post
    Could you post some graphs? (like showing the number of provinces over time etc)
    Sure, that might be a good way to fill the next update in these circumstances.
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Chapter Seventy-three
    1718-1725

Alright, for those who didn't read the feedback post: this will be a bit different because EU III chose not to save most of the screenshots I took during a long play session. If anyone has an idea why that might have been the case, please enlighten me. It's important - when I took the shots I actually use in this chapter, the same thing happened again (save the first ~30 screenshots in the session, then nothing). If this is going to turn into a regular "feature" then AARing won't be easy.

Anyway, this chapter is an overview of the country, as well as a summary of what I remember happening during the regency for Sayri Tupac I. Fortunately, major events were few and far between so not much has been lost.

The September 1717 rebellion in Iyuu, the Canadian province that's over a year's march from the neighboring provinces, succeeded. I don't know how when it was 2000 men against a level 2 fort, but succeed it did. However, my army was then less than a month away, so retaking it was easy. The disobedient locals felt the wrath of Inti as smallpox caused about 1000 deaths, bombing the province back into a colony. This was a blessing in disguise as it made conversion and culture flipping with a colonist possible.

Another example of the most important part of Inca life: an earthquake killed just under 30000 people in Moche and around 9000 in neighboring Chimu. Quite decent numbers.

We gained two levels in both Government and Land techs, and three levels in the other categories. Here's where we are in 1725:

We're tied with Venice for the most advanced nation, but some of the European majors aren't that far behind.

You can also see that our economy is, unsurprisingly, very much based on production income.

And here's a graph of how our income has progressed over the centuries:

Our westernization process started late in the 16th century, and I guess the graph makes sense from that point of view.

One effect of the technological progress is that Latin Cuirassiers are now available. I haven't changed yet and am unsure whether I should or not - my New World Dragoons still have a slight edge in shock and fire, but the European units are starting to have a very large morale edge by now.

Speaking of the military, we've recruited two more 20k armies. One was transported to eastern Iberia while the other is currently onboard a fleet heading for our African holdings.

Our army is quite easily the largest in the world.

We got a lot of new cores during this time, most in the northern USA region. The conversion bonus from having a core led me to focus on the northwest a bit more with my missionaries. It's still the most problematic area we have left as far as religion goes with a lot of Catholic provinces.

The east is looking better, but the cores don't help as the converting progress is ahead of the cores here.

Everything south or west of these in continental America is Inti. Also, as the last two Catholic provinces on Hispaniola embraced the True Faith during the regency, Portuguese Cuba is the last bastion of Catholicism in the Caribbean.

Two of our African provinces are Inti while the one we got from Nice is Catholic. Iberia as well as the Isle of Man are Catholic, while thanks to Ireland there's a thin purple strip representing Calvinism in the religion pie.

One thing helping the conversions along was a slider move I got and used to move a bit towards Narrowminded. We have been very Innovative due to the westernization requirement, but right now missionaries are more important than tech speed. Current sliders:

Thanks to colonizing the regency didn't completely stop our expansion, but of course it wasn't as quick as it's been recently.

New colonization during the regency included minor additions in the western US area...

...and somewhat more notable but still quite minor expansion in inland South America.

More importantly, we have now reached our colonization goals (everything west of the eastern tip of Brazil, up to the point where the western hemisphere "ends" on the game map) apart from the still vacant inland provinces. In the south, Viti was the last island group needed for this, so we moved on and colonized the North Island of New Zealand.

There are also colonists en route to the South Island as well as Vanuatu.

In the north there was more work to do, but the Pacific coastline has now been fully colonized (apart from the wasteland province in the extreme north obviously) so we pushed forward to Andreanov. There's no more room for peaceful expansion in this direction as we've run into Ming.

In fact, we finished this area in the nick of time: months after the last bit of American coast was secured, we spotted a small Ming fleet, led by an explorer. It sailed east on the Alaskan coast for a while before apparently realizing the land is taken and heading back. Chances are that there would have been a Ming colony on our end of the Aleutian island chain within years. Ming dodged that bullet as I would have had to utterly destroy them in that case. And frankly, I dodged one as well as I'm going to have my hands full dealing with the kill list as it is.

Either way, on June 27th 1725 Sayri Tupac I is finally old enough and the regency council has done its job.

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

If you have Windows 7, it'll sometimes hide your screenshots under "compatibility files" if you use the Program Files (x86) folder. There should be a button you can click.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Only two conversions of Bio Bio? A truly pathetic reign.
    Happy thoughts, happy thoughts...

OH GOD! RUN!

Sword of the Stars

Can't interact meaningfully when you can't declare war.
    Do the tech levels go higher in MEIOU?
    I think you can handle the offenders list. It is just who they bring to the party with them.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Hugely enjoying this, thanks for posting. Still catching up, I just read about half of this in a week. I look forward to the next half.

Respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    If you have Windows 7, it'll sometimes hide your screenshots under "compatibility files" if you use the Program Files (x86) folder. There should be a button you can click.
    Nah, I never got used to the whole Program Files thingy, I name my stuff like I did in the 80s. And that wouldn't really explain why the screenshots work in the beginning of a session and then stop doing so. 31 first screenshots were there for the playthrough, 33 for the summary (only had to go back to grab a few there), 104 for the next session which I just played. Only lost one screenshot of any significance (a peace deal) this time because I was monitoring the situation.

It's interesting, works perfectly fine until a seemingly random point when it stops working at all, then works fine again when I restart the game.

Quote Originally Posted by zwitterion117 View Post
    Only two conversions of Bio Bio? A truly pathetic reign.
    Some things never change.

But well, at a glance Huayna Capac II had four but the reign was a lot longer. So it's not bad when you take the length into account.

Can't interact meaningfully when you can't declare war.
    Do the tech levels go higher in MEIOU?
    In theory there are 105 tech levels compared to 72 in vanilla. However most of the higher ones are more or less unreachable - seems to me that the 10+ last ones are something an ordinary economy won't see, whereas in vanilla you can get pretty close to the cap with a similar economy.

At this point you can pretty much subtract 5 from my current tech levels to get the equivalent vanilla level. That's because MEIOU starts 43 years earlier and of course the early tech levels are needed for those years.

I think you can handle the offenders list. It is just who they bring to the party with them.
    Not really, my assumption is that I'll mostly ignore anyone outside the list. As long as they stay off the list, of course. But some of those countries have a lot of provinces so I'll need many wars to take care of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Barsoom View Post
    Hugely enjoying this, thanks for posting. Still catching up, I just read about half of this in a week. I look forward to the next half.
    Thanks and welcome! Good to hear you're having fun with this.

Respect.
    Indeed.
    Last edited by Malurous; 28-05-2012 at 13:43. Reason: Font - how could I forget?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Finally caught up. I look forward to the Inca conquest of Cuba, which surely must be high on the agenda now. And of course the expedition into Germany to punish the Pope.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I didn't think Ming would be so bold sailing east. But I agree that they would have made your kill list a bit overcrowded...
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The July AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'm with you on rejecting Program Files, I won't use My Documents either. I know what they are and I'll file them where I want!

Liked the update style

Apparently I need to buy some more gravel.

My AARs: EU3 England, Golden Horde, France, Iroquois, Castile / EU2 Finland / My Inkwell

"Sunset Invasion isn't ASB - it's just Prawnstar playing CK2" Athalcor
    "If EU3 had exiled prawn-like aliens he'd be the first one to do a WC with them..." aldriq
    "You were prawn under a conquering stAAR!" Arakhor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 77 FirstFirst ... 21 46 61 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast