+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 77 FirstFirst ... 7 32 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1531

Thread: Children of the Sun - a Cuzco MEIOU AAR

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMagicka
    Sword of the Stars500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Malurous View Post
    True, that might be a bit questionable if it's indeed widespread. I don't have much of a problem with it myself.
    Don't worry, I won't mention it again. The sig is enough advertisement as far as I'm concerned.

Heh, having no America in the game kind of prevents this!
    Fwew. I was almost worried you'd try
    "Donít only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
    -- Ludwig von Beethoven

Boris ze Spider: I have a question, was this just luck, or?
    EUROO7: No, this was Randy's black magic.
    Boris ze Spider: Lesson learned, always trust Randy's black magic.

*** Current Overseer of BloodCarnage, a Dwarf Fortress Succession Game. Get dorfed today! ***

Holder of the sacred Eurobuck of Immunity

The future scares me. It should scare you too!

I demand an update :P
    Nothing to say.

Fan of the Week - 31 July, 2011

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Well you aren't getting one. I've caught up to the game and won't have access to EU III before Monday. So that's the earliest time when an update is possible, and even that is doubtful as I'm busy.

(other feedback to follow later)
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="3"]Well you aren't getting one. I've caught up to the game and won't have access to EU III before Monday.
    What, you haven't installed EUIII on your toaster yet?

Quote Originally Posted by naggy View Post
    Have you too installed EuIII to your oven too !!!
    Nothing to say.

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFish View Post
    My oven doesn't support Pixelshader 2.0, and my wife won't let me upgrade. I use my oven to play Crusader Kings.

Cool ^_^
    And now... It's mondayy where is our update rawr!
    Nothing to say.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Where is the update ouinnnnnnnnn (((

Captain
    Crusader Kings IIEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by bengrimm View Post
    x2!

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Ragusa View Post
    It must be hard to cope withthose new world dragoons and the military advantage they give you. You bear up under the strain rather well, though. Spain you have more of less boxed in, Portugal is still spreading like some contagion.
    Haha, yeah it's tough sometimes but I'm a strong person. I'll have to work to contain Portugal. They're indeed a bit larger than I'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by randakar View Post
    Don't worry, I won't mention it again. The sig is enough advertisement as far as I'm concerned.
    Curse you, I ended up using a few hours of the aforementioned "no access to EU III" time (i.e. a weekend visit to my parents' place) going through some of those threads. I just might have to join a game when I have more free time.

Fwew. I was almost worried you'd try
    Well, CK is by far my favorite of the pre-Clausewitz titles...

Unfortunately, I don't have a toaster!

...and interestingly, I have no oven either unless you count microwave. Mind you, I'd very much like one but my kitchenette is just too damn small.

My oven doesn't support Pixelshader 2.0, and my wife won't let me upgrade. I use my oven to play Crusader Kings.
    Sounds familiar - the computer I have at my parents' house doesn't have Pixelshader 2.0 so I often play Crusader Kings there if I'm staying for a longer time.

Cool ^_^
    And now... It's mondayy where is our update rawr!
    It was 6.30 in the morning when you posted that. Your level of expectations is a bit scary.

Quote Originally Posted by bengrimm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkiee View Post
    x2!
    I had it done early on Monday but decided to try and flush some lurkers out into the open first. No seriously, I'm very busy these days and playing, writing and doing the screenshots unfortunately took me three evenings this time.

Good to have you two reading!
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Chapter Fifty-eight
    1663-1665

So, as we were still at war with Spain when we DoWed Portugal, they can't join in. England also dishonors their alliance, so it's us against Portugal and DotF Mallorca.

During the first month, we head into Catacamas (the only Central American province the Portuguese have left) and fight a few naval battles. Three Portuguese warships and three transports are sunk, while we capture a 17th Century Galleon.

As 1664 rolls around, our Tobacco Producer bonus upgrades thanks to the provinces we took from Spain.

Catacamas is successfully assaulted, while we slowly start sieges in other enemy lands. In the end of the month we beat the only notable army in Portugal's southern North American holdings.

The next months are spent spreading for sieges and pushing through the TI in the north to reach more Portuguese territory.

Production tech level 29 is reached in March.

We lose 0.25 WE by completing a mission to save Mehinaco, which had a rebel siege.

Arriving in the first enemy province in the north, we face an army of decent size. However, the battle turns out to be easier than you'd expect.

Portugal then runs a transport right into our blockade, allowing us to capture it.

Puelch grows into a city in April, while we get a mission to colonize Apinaye. It's an inland South American province so it's not really a priority, but since the mission reward is a colonist, it's essentially a free colony.

Hungary keeps going down as Poland forces them to release Moldavia.

We get a pretty fun event in June.

Fun in the sense that maps like this...

...and this...

...kind of look like they belong in some other AAR.

The revolt in Matagalpa is particularly interesting as it reminds us of the effects of the Incas' rise. It's not just the European nations that have suffered compared to how they did historically, but some of their great people have also been relegated to play somewhat less spectacular roles in this version of world history.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming. Mallorca has shown no interest at all in this war, and their WE was pretty high to start with, so I check if they'd accept white peace. Turns out that they would.

I get 2 army tradition from a mission as we retake the colony that we took from Portugal earlier but lost when the army kept exploring. Soon after, we lose another 0.25 WE when we save Hadai from rebels.

200 people migrate from Galapagos to another colony, Tarahumano, via event in August.

Seems that Galapagos will take a long time to reach city status.

Our first gains from the Spanish - the Spanish part of the Central American connection - core in September. In the middle of the month, the Catholic rebellion has finally been fully crushed.

A bit later, we get our first successful siege and win a relatively major battle in the north.

I decide to colonize Ozaagii. This connects Ho-Chunk, and possible future gains, to our other lands, and completely blocks Spain in this area.

Tenharim in South America cores in November, while we get Production tech level 30. Still full neighbor bonus there.

After a few minor victories, we experience our first lost battle in late December. However, the Portuguese suffer more casualties than the Incas do and we have backup forces close to keep our defeated men safe.

Chechehet on the South American coast grows into a city in January 1665. We then win a few more sieges, including one that forces eleven Portuguese warships out of port and to their destruction, before smallpox strikes.

So, a new natural disaster to lose citizens to. Where do I sign?

Over 5000 people, or seventy percent of Cocotame's population, die of this foreign disease.

After over 25 years on the throne, Pachacutec II dies on February 1st. Not a talented man by any means, he overachieved and ended up having a great reign. His history screen is several thousand pixels high so I'm leaving this one out for practical reasons - some highlights of his time include connecting Inca Empire's South American and Central American holdings, ejecting the Europeans from South America, and starting the journey north.

He is replaced by Huayna Capac II, as rotten an administrator as his predecessor, but a very capable Sapa Inca in other matters.

He's a Knowledged Tactician (+10% land force limits modifier). Legitimacy is full so I can save some money by only having a small celebration.

Later in the month we lose a point of stability due to an event. Fortunately, it takes less than a year to recover.

After a lot of won sieges lately, I start assaulting any remaining provinces that I want to take in a peace deal. By April 4th we have occupied all provinces of interest.

However, Portugal won't even accept white peace. I contemplate invading Europe, but decide that it would be overkill - I'm only looking to force a value 11 peace here. Instead, I split the fleet into a few parts and send some invasion forces to hunt any small Portuguese garrisons for warscore.

Paikawa converts in July, and I choose to do my mission in October as I have a spare colonist.

Also in October, we go as far as Sierra Leone to eliminate a regiment - the Incas have landed in the Old World.

Many of Portugal's Atlantic islands have also suffered a landing and the slaughter of their defenders.

After some more minor losses, the Portuguese have had enough. As a bonus, they're willing to accept a better peace than I expected, so they're forced to renounce all of their claims and give some cash in addition to ceding the provinces I want.

We add three provinces in the north in addition to the seized colony, bringing the Incas to the Great Lakes area...

...take seven provinces from Portugal's southern North American holdings...

...and finish Central America by taking Portugal's last province there.

Note the huge letters! We're starting to look intimidating.

The Guardian of Divergences Athalcor's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic

Oh, you are ressurecting PrawnStar's AAR! His legacy lives on!
    All Hail Britannia - a V2 AAR - awarded the Weekly AAR Showcase on 6/15/14, came 2nd in the 2014 Q2 ACAs.

I want you to vote in the Q3 2014 ACAs! Make your favourite AARers bathe in your votes!

My two other shamefully abandoned AARs...(there is also a third one hiding in the corners of the V2 AARland, not even worth linking)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

About time someone else had a proper map

Some nice gains there, looks like you're on course for the Americas - in big scary letters

Apparently I need to buy some more gravel.

My AARs: EU3 England, Golden Horde, France, Iroquois, Castile / EU2 Finland / My Inkwell

"Sunset Invasion isn't ASB - it's just Prawnstar playing CK2" Athalcor
    "If EU3 had exiled prawn-like aliens he'd be the first one to do a WC with them..." aldriq
    "You were prawn under a conquering stAAR!" Arakhor

The Guardian of Divergences Athalcor's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic

Quote Originally Posted by PrawnStar View Post
    About time someone else had a proper map

Some nice gains there, looks like you're on course for the Americas - in big scary letters
    How about you Prawn? Are you planning V2 Krakow WC?
    All Hail Britannia - a V2 AAR - awarded the Weekly AAR Showcase on 6/15/14, came 2nd in the 2014 Q2 ACAs.

I want you to vote in the Q3 2014 ACAs! Make your favourite AARers bathe in your votes!

My two other shamefully abandoned AARs...(there is also a third one hiding in the corners of the V2 AARland, not even worth linking)

Rebels. It brought back old memories. You took care of them and the Portuguese. You started the operation to box in the Portuguese.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

I surely feel intimidated! Well done! ...although the quest to rid Americas of invaders from the old world is not over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Athalcor View Post
    How about you Prawn? Are you planning V2 Krakow WC?
    That would be awesome xD Or do it with some Unciv nation...

But Mal i demand that you make those letters even biggah !
    Nothing to say.

53 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

Hmm, how big can the letters become?
    Feed them more Iberians!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Sorry to derail the thread but for what it's worth I'm not planning another AAR at the moment. There's a huge contract we're bidding for - if it lands in the autumn then I'm going to try for the section manager role that my department will need and that will be a lot of work but it'll be high enough profile that I can aim further up the ladder in a couple of years - it's not a status or money thing althought they are nice - it's about interesting challenges which you might have spotted I quite like

Of course if we don't get the work I might start thinking about another AAR if I can find a goal I like the look of!

Also I haven't managed to get into DW - I may try again when 5.1 final comes out. V2 is OK - got Panjab up to 6 - but I'm actually thinking about trying Divergences...

Apparently I need to buy some more gravel.

My AARs: EU3 England, Golden Horde, France, Iroquois, Castile / EU2 Finland / My Inkwell

"Sunset Invasion isn't ASB - it's just Prawnstar playing CK2" Athalcor
    "If EU3 had exiled prawn-like aliens he'd be the first one to do a WC with them..." aldriq
    "You were prawn under a conquering stAAR!" Arakhor

Slacker Extraordinaire Zzzzz...'s Avatar
    67 games registered

If the place is comfy to sleep in, yes, you can find me there!
    Me big letters hungry! Me big letters want more Iberians!
    The list of all my AARs: INKWELL

Current AAR: Golden Sun - A KR Kurdistan AAR - Darkest Hour
    The Policies of Grandeur - Coming Soon!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 77 FirstFirst ... 7 32 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast