• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

walrus

High on Political Consensus
19 Badges
Jan 22, 2006
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
Imperial Zenith
A History of the World, 1836 - ?
Vanilla v1.1
paqueenvictoria3256.jpg

Player List (as of 1st session)
Belgium - Lord_D
France - Necazian
Russian Empire - Raptor1
Texas - walrus
United States - noddy102
Japan - Skinner_Empire
Netherlands - De_Spinoza
Ottoman Empire - Aleksei
Sweden - cledde
Switzerland - Super_Ang
Sardinia-Piedmont - TalkingCarrot
Prussia - TrashIt
Spanish Empire - Snaake
British Empire - Kadon
Austrian Empire - Alistus
Colombia - Gongji

Last edited:
1836 - 1843

The World in 1843

v2mapmp18432191.png

Major Events
The Mexican War - a coalition of Texas, The United States, France and the UK fought an epic multi-year war to uphold the independance of Texas, as well as taking the opportunity for opportunistic expansionism. An expeditionary force of Spanish troops arrived close to the end and saw no combat.
Belgian-Netherlands War - The Dutch army was soundly beaten by the Belgians, but a status quo peace was signed upon threat of British intervention.
French Colonial Expansion in Algeria - exactly what it says on the tin.
Ottoman - Egyptian War - the Ottomans decided to put an end to Egyptian independance and connect the two halves of their empire. Took several years to crush all resistance.
Rampant Colombian Expansionism - just look at the map! (Ok, maybe 'rampant' is too strong a word)
Sardinian-Modena War - a very short war, ending with the complete annexation of Modena.
Swedish Expansion into Northern Denmark

Note: We were all too busy having fun at this early point, so there are virtually no screenshots, even from those intending from the start to write an AAR (e.g. - Me :eek:o)
Hopefully more detailed country specific updates will follow this, but I'm not sure what my fellow-MPer's plans are.
I have also undoubtedly forgotten some of the important events, so....apologies if you see something on the map I haven't mentioned.

Colombia is AI then? ;)

The United States of America has had a frustrating beginning in the period of Victoria's upbringing and reign. Relations were built with the United Kingdom and our brothers in Texas. In fact both ourselves, the British, Spanish and French came to the aide of Texas in its defeat of Mexico in the Tex-Mex war. As a result we acquired California, while Texas acquired New Mexico.

We went onwards and colonised Oregon, Washington, Colorado and Oklahoma. From then onwards we concentrated on paying off the war debt we created -v- the Mexicans, whilst also building our influence across the Americas. We now hold Haiti, Hawaii, USCA, Venezuela, Uruguay, Bolivia and Ecuador in our sphere of influence.

After the Mexican war we also began improving our army. Many new regiments were formed, in anticipation of another war with Mexico. Indeed, an agreement was made with Texas in terms of dealing with Mexico and conducting a peace deal favourable to both ourselves and Texas. Therefore, USA will take Nevada-Utah and Texas Arizona. War was declared early in 1851 upon Mexico, but alas as soon as USA began invading Mexico, did the southern states declare independence from the Union. The Civil War had begun.

Faced with a war against large numbers in Mexico, as well as the chaos mounting in the southern states, the United States began to pull troops back towards the southern states. Accidentally, peace terms were negotiated and concluded between the US general in command of the forces in Sonores, and a white peace was reached. This arrangement probably pleased the Texans as well, as our efforts had heavily been hampered by the Civil War outbreak. Texas peaced with Mexico a month later, and now USA could fully concentrate upon defeating the Southern States.

Over the course of a year and a half, the Southern States were defeated and united back into the Union. In reality, the Southern States had no time to organise an army which could withstand the Union's well trained regiments. In fact thankfully due to Jacobin rebel activity in the North Eastern states, had the Union any divisions to bring into the field of battle in Virginia. As a result of such a position, the Union held the upper hand from the beginning. Reinforcements arrived from Texas in the form of a relief Texan army and the US armies who had been involved in the Mexican invasion efforts. They began taking back Louisiana and Arkansas, and working eastwards to link up with the other Union armies. By early 1853 the war was all but won and finally the USA was united again.

Now efforts are being made to continue the war effort against Mexico. The second invasion is being prepared!!

There aren't any so far, we were all much too busy to remember to snap pictures. Well, at least at the times when it was worth taking any.

Either way, I have some, and will try to post an outline of events from poor backwards Russia's perspective tomorrow or so.

I see no screenshots if there are any.

Also, can't wait for this to keep going, will be watching!

No screenshots from the first game session, but I for one took plenty from todays game (70+), and I'll spread the best of them over a couple of updates throughout the week.

And semi-emu'd by Raptor1 *shakes fist* :p

Following an insult by the Ottoman Empire, the UK invaded and seized the Dumyat region of occupied Egypt.

On the home front, the UK has been set back in industrial progress by treasonous reactionaries and Jacobins, most likely washing up from the smelly shores of France.

His Majesty will see the United Kingdom reclaims its rightful leadership of the industrial world, this to accompany its leadership in prestige and military power.

Lastly, the alliance of Anglo cousins will see to it that our beautiful language is expanded deeper into Mexico. To ensure the next war is not an embarrassing defeat of the Texans and Americans, we will take a larger role in it.

Last edited:
Lastly, the alliance of Anglo cousins will see to it that our beautiful language is expanded deeper into Mexico. To ensure the next war is not an embarrassing defeat of the Texans and Americans, we will take a larger role in it.

That was not a defeat - it was a white peace to suit the circumstances. :mad:

1843 - 1855
The World in 1855
1855map.jpg
Major World Events

Completion of the French Acquisition of Tunisia - France annexes Tunisia, to a rounding chorus of silence from the rest of the world
Peru Annexes Ecuadorian Pastaza - cutting Ecuador down to a single state
Sardinian Conquest of East Switzerland - as Austria and France laughed riotously at the AI's (Talkingcarrot was absent) silliness, and plotted their attacks, Sardinia cut Switzerland down to half it's original size
Formation of Germany in 1844 - After President of Prussia, TrashIt accidentally clicked the wrong button on some futuristic device known as a 'computer', Germany was formed. And there was much rejoicing! And confusion. And rage quitting. And then war.
Russia-Khivan war - Russia expands into Asia by annexing Khiva. Afgahnistan jumps in on Khiva's side, and is made to relinquish the province of Afghan Farrah to Russia's Ally, Kokand.
1st and 2nd Wars of Douro - Spain attempts to requisition part of the Portugeuse mainland,. Fails miserably at first, much more successful second time round.
Formation of Scandinavia in December 1844 - and the souls of a million Danes and Norweigans cried out, and were silenced.
Japanese Annexation of Korea - Finally
German-Prussian War - wat
British Conquest of Dumyat - a successful, but very long war, which ended up having Portugal on the side of the Ottomans, and China on the British side.
German-Austrian Brothers War - and the AI continues to ruin things for absent players.

Massive Raping and Pillaging of the German AI, including
- French War of Propping up Baden, Russian Conquest of East Prussia and many, many more! Coming soon to a copy of Victoria near you!

Colombian Conquest of Bolivar - Gran Colombia takes another chunk out of Venezuala. The USA is displeased, and spheres the Venezualans.
2nd Mexican War - The USA, Texas and Britain once again decide to go pillaging for cheap labour. UK is successful in the South, and a joint Texan-American attack force annhiliates the Mexicans in Arizona, while a large Mexican army marches on Houston. The war is brought to an inconclusive end with...
The American Civil War - Some initial gains by the Confederacy as the Union marches its army back from Mexico. The Union go for a strategy of gradually rolling back the rebels, while the Army of Texas marches straight for Columbia, South Carolina, and wipes out a 20,000-strong confederate army forming up for an attack, breaking the back of the South's armed forces. By spring 1852, the Confederates are broken, and brought back to the Union
Colombian Annexation of Ecuador - The Colombian forces win a stunning victory on the ground, but the Ecuadorian government evacuated to the Galapagos island, forcing the Colombians to sail round the bottom of Argentina to reach them...and half way through the journey France builds the Panama canal :rofl:
Panama Canal built in October 1852
1854 French War of Morocco - France attmepts to annex the Moroccans into the rest of her North African Empire, but by 1855 the war was still ongoing.
German Conquest of Bohemia - War situation still inconclusive by mid 1855
3rd Mexican War - initial battles of the war ongoing as game session ended.

Sorry to repost the world picture from 1855, Kadon

Last edited:
"3 things go into the one thing, then suddenly, HUMOUR! occurs" - Bill Bailey

From the poster who brought you such classics as 'Catalonian Catalonia', we are pleased to announce the following releases:

The Army of Army!

armyofarmy.jpg

French Bravery!

necazianafraid.jpg

Irish Geography!

noddyangry.jpg

I am America! (And Thank God We're Not)

americanpolitics.jpg

Culinary Masterclass!

foodl.jpg

Austrians Cursing Paradox

austriandiplomacy.jpg

Sneaky Prussians!

germanyprussia.jpg

The CSA - sticking to their ideals, whatever the cost.

ironyh.jpg

Coming to a Screen Near You, Summer 2010!

Alamosa

Sundown%20in%20the%20Alamosa%20Canyon%2012%20x%2016%20oil.jpg

This is where 400 brave New Yorkers decided to migrate to on their quest as pioneers of industry and progress, which they hoped to bring to southern Colorado.

A beautiful place. Shame they all froze to death in the harsh winter of '48 because the Texans sold them dodgey winter clothes.
shake.gif

I posted this earlier on the PQB forums. Basically I wrote a rather not-so-serious AAR because the mp session itself was quite hilarious and silly. Screen shots will come in later parts, and I'll add a little informative picture once I censored it a bit. :)

Another thing worth mentioning is that I had to pass the first part of the first session, so I joined in after the re-host. I wasn't there at all the second session, but I plan on participating the third one coming Sunday if nothing comes in-between. Basically I gave the AI a personality by using good sir "Stadholder". Apparently "he" invaded Belgium near game start, foiling my plans at creating a long-term friendly relationship with my souther neighbours. The other stuff he did is explained in the first part.

~Introduction~

1836 did not start well for the Dutch people. Their King, William I, was struck by an instant insanity that would last until the later days of 1839. During his insanity he mainly spent his time carving phallic symbols out of cheese, and dressing up like a Russian woman.

~During William's insanity, the Stadtholder's reign~

Although Willam's personal interests during his insanity are most interesting, more important things happened to the Dutch nation. At the beginning of William's insanity the foolish stadtholder who replaced him for the time being called upon his advisers: He had a cunning plan.

The plan was to invade the rebellious Belgae living down south. The cunning part of the plan stopped existing at that point though, because the stadtholder failed to see that Belgium was in fact protected by Great Britain.

The Stadtholder was not elected because of his competence in world affairs. He was elected for the ruthless way he mastered the process of corruption.
As an effect of these unfortunate traits he was unaware of the country "Great Britain", and ordered the Dutch army to battle.

The Belgian armies held and the war failed utterly, which made The Netherlands lose all of their fleets in the West Indies, the North Sea, and the East Indies. The war also managed to eradicate every single soldier living on Dutch soil.

After the war was over the Stadtholder decided to levy many irregular troops in the East-Indies, which was part of his cunning plan in taking over the island of Hawaii in a thought-trough move of deception by utter stupidity.

Luckily, William's sanity was restored before the stadtholder could begin his stupendous adventure and William stopped dressing up like Russian women and carving up cheese. The Dutch rejoiced at the prospect of the Dutch nation rising on the world stage again.

~The continuation of William's reign~

William didn't have a pleasant return to the office. The first thing he did was banishing the stadtholder to a fertilizer factory. After this he decided it was time for better relations with France. An alliance was created. This was needed, since the Dutch home army was non-existent. He put much effort in recruiting soldiers by raising their wages, and telling his bureaucrats to focus their campaigns on raising new men for the army.

Unfortunately disaster struck: The Stadtholder's adventures had made many Dutchmen poor, and they sought to get out of their misery by turning to weed and magic mushrooms.

This in turn made some of them believe the future of the country lay in Anarcho-Liberalism, while others thought a reactionary policy should be pursued. The Dutch were clearly out of luck. First their king went insane, and then the common folk went crazy too.

Rebellions broke out. Without an army, William was helpless. Fortunately the old enemies of the Stadtholder, Belgium and Great Britain, offered help. Several rebellions were put down by the Belgians, which thereby became much admired by the King. The British papers proudly proclaimed "The Dutch people threw roses into the street ahead of the British soldiers, welcoming them as they brought peace back to the region.".

After creating a small home army to defend against rebels, he began reconstructing the Dutch fleets responsible for the defence of the home countries and the East-Indies. He also levied many Javanese soldiers in the East-Indies. He would soon have a use for them.

Since The Netherlands had dropped to a shameful 22th place in the list of the most awesome country in the world, William decided expanding the Dutch glory and wealth were of the biggest importance.

After consulting the British if they had any objections, he invaded the lands of Johore. The rich gold mines in this area would be a big help in expanding the Dutch armed forces, and paying off the huge debt.

Last edited:
The sleeping giant USA has awoken in the years between 1855 - 1875.

Here is a sneak preview of just what has been happening in USA:

125tdzr.jpg

Immigration in November 1874

Why has all powerful (and brave) France not been informed of this AAR thread? Maybe I should pay more attention :eek:o

Anyway, here is a map of the current game, now 1874.

V2_MAP_mp_18741127_1.jpg
Crosby

Major French Events:

• Annexation of Morocco
  • Challenging British supremacy on the Great Power throne
  • 2nd War of German Containment, resulted in a temporary defeat and loss of Schelsvig-Holstein for Scandinavia
  • 3rd War of German Containment, resulted in glorious victory with the re-annexation of Schleswig-Holstein and the annexation of Eastern Prussia
  • The Wallonian Liberation War against Germany, reclaiming the lost state of Wallonia for Belgium from the evil Germans, as well as reducing their forces.
  • The French purchase of Dutch Macau, leading to the introduction of China into the French sphere.

Other world events:

Mexico gets raped by Texas and the USA
Germany goes nuts (As seen by the several wars)
Colombia expands massively
Scandinavia passes the badboy along with Colombia
Britain releases the Dominion of Canada
(Did I miss anything?)