+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GTFO: Remove countries from your SOI

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

GTFO: Free Satellites and remove countries from your SOI!

This is GTFO.

GTFO is a set of (toggleable) decisions allowing you to aband -- er, free satellites and boot people out of your Sphere of Influence. This is something that people seemed like they wanted to do. So, here you go everyone, much love.

Mechanically, it looks like this:
    Code:
    gtfo_BEL = {
        alert = no
        potential = {
            has_country_flag = gtfo
            BEL = {
                OR = {
                    vassal_of = THIS
                    in_sphere = THIS
                }
            }
        }
        allow = { ai = no }
        effect = {
            release_vassal = BEL
            diplomatic_influence = { who = BEL value = -200 }
        }
    }
    One of those for every working tag in the game. It wasn't as tedious as it sounds.

Feel free to put this in Your Mod so long as you give me a shout out if/when publishing Your Mod on the internets.

Version History
    0.1: Initial release
    0.2: Updated to only show up for Great Powers, since otherwise you can't have a SOI and it's just cluttering your decisions.
    1.0: Will now free a country from being your dominion or satellite, and drops your influence by 200 instead of 101. (It's a neater number.)
    1.1: Removed the restriction to just GPs, since it's conceivable a lesser power could have a satellite they want to release
    1.2: Appropriately, added 1.2 nations. (I've been playing Vicky again!) Guessed at the names by looking at the tags and hazily-remembered patch notes, so potential LOLs.
    2.0: Long-overdue release for AHD modifying .mod file to work with AHD's new format. I tested it a tiny bit and it seems to work! (No promises.)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Grandmasta; 28-01-2013 at 17:04.
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    - Winston Churchill

Tsar of Australiarr HMAS-Nameless's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIIron CrossEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmasta View Post
    I'm actually in a hurry right now but I can put up a blurb later. This is GTFO. GTFO allows you to boot people out of your Sphere of Influence. This is something that people seemed like they wanted to do. So, here you go everyone, much love.

Feel free to put this in Your Mod so long as you give me a shout out if/when publishing Your Mod on the internets.
    Love the name of this mod!
    AARS

GOTT MIT UNS! Rise of the Black Eagle! [DEAD] (Prussia: Victoria 2)

MODS

SEXIICOLOURS 1.3! for Victoria II. Want a better more historic country colour scheme? Sick of Prussia being yellow? isn't Prussian Blue much better:P

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight

Update bump
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    - Winston Churchill

Art - Games - History Alexspeed's Avatar
    82 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    So this adds a new decision to remove any country from your own SOI?

Do you get any effects when you do it?
    Relation hit, war declaration or anything?
    Platypus rutilus, in hoc signo vinces - In honorem Paradox!
    Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign for a diseased mind! – Terry Pratchett
    ----------- -----------
    Alexspeed´s MIP - Map Improvment Package and Untransparent Map Mod for Victoria 2.
    Alexspeed´s Canvas Worldmap, SexiiColours Intense and Clear Map Overlay for Victoria 2.

Mount & Blade Custom Flag Tutorial - Alexspeed´s Victoria 2 Wallpapers and Loadscreens & Wallpapers for EU3

Member of The Iconians Club 50 and the 200k Club - - Proud Owner of the SAS Award for Forum Dedication.
    My finished Victoria 2 AAR Contest - My AwAARds: Fan of the Week: 7-Nov-2010

Quote Originally Posted by Alexspeed View Post
    So this adds a new decision to remove any country from your own SOI?

Do you get any effects when you do it?
    Relation hit, war declaration or anything?
    Nope, just what it says on the tin.

It adds a "Turn on GTFO" decision to all Great Powers. When enabled you will have access to a "Remove from SOI" decision corresponding to each country in your SOI (if any), plus an option to turn GTFO back off again.

The mechanical effect of each decision is to reduce your diplomatic influence with the selected nation by 101.
    - Winston Churchill

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Nice
    This great evil. Where does it come from? How'd it steal into the world? What seed, what root did it grow from? Who's doin' this? Who's killin' us? Robbing us of life and light. Mockin' us with the sight of what we might've known. Does our ruin benefit the earth? Does it help the grass to grow, the sun to shine? Is this darkness in you, too? Have you passed through this night?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV

Thanx
    Whether you can create mod in which it is possible to release the satellites / dominions?
    I'm sorry for my English.

HoI AnthologyFor the Motherland500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Manifestant View Post
    Thanx
    Whether you can create mod in which it is possible to release the satellites / dominions?
    I'd too would love to see a GTFO Complete

I have no idea if that is possible within a decision or event framework but I can look into it

EDIT: It looks like there's a "release_vassal" effect used for the Coronation of Queen Victoria event that might fit the bill.
    - Winston Churchill

Crusader Kings IIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The AI will use it too?

How do you install this?

Also, will it work with a game in progress, or do I need to start over? Thanks.

Also, can I assume this doesn't work with the 1.2 patch? Ugh.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV

Free satellits is very good. Thank you.
    I'm sorry for my English.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

That sounds tasty.. is it working with 1.2?

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmasta View Post
    Nope, just what it says on the tin.

It adds a "Turn on GTFO" decision to all Great Powers. When enabled you will have access to a "Remove from SOI" decision corresponding to each country in your SOI (if any), plus an option to turn GTFO back off again.

The mechanical effect of each decision is to reduce your diplomatic influence with the selected nation by 101.
    WOW this is the best mod I've yet come across because it does what it says on the tin.
    "The Filipino is worth dying for"

Ninoy Aquino.

MDS Modern Day Scenario 2003 - 2050: Acting Manager
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/....03-Compatible

San_Felipe colouring mod.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=496514

HoI3 - Modern Warfare for TFH
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/hearts-of-...modern-warfare
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...n+day+scenario

HoI3 - Black Ice
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Black-ICE-TFH

How exactly do you install this? I can't find an installation guide for any of these mods.
    Tried putting the files in the associated folders, dropping the folders in the mods directory, no luck.

Yes how do you install this?

Just drop the decisions and localization folder right into your main Vicky 2 folder. There shouldn't be anything overwritten

Two things

1) Will the AI spam the shit out of this? Like will Prussia give up all its SOIs and Vassels by Day 2?

2) Where are the decisions and the localization located in each file? I want to put it into a (Divergences) mod but not screw up all the localization.

1) AI can't use it, it's restricted to the player only.

2) Just open up the mods folders and there will be a gtfo.txt in the decisions folder and a gtfo.csv in the localization folder. That contains everything for the mod. You could just drag and drop it into divergences, but any country that does not use a vanilla tag will not get any GTFO decisions unless you edit them in yourself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast