+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CaptRobau's Mini-Mods

Master of the Universe CaptRobau's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

CaptRobau's Mini-Mods

I've been modding the game to my liking since releaseday and I thought I'd share some of these mini-mods with you:

Map Font Mini-Mod

This mod changes the map font (the one you see when you zoom out in the political mapmode) from partially striped to completely solid. It looks much better in my opinion.

Country Map Name Mini-Mod

This mini-mod changes some of the names of countries in the game. Atjeh becomes Aceh and United States of Central America becomes Central America. There are a lot more changes, from alternative history names to more historical names of countries. Check it out for yourself.

Folder Paper Map Mini-Mod

This mini-mod changes the vanilla map overlay to one resembling a paper map with folds in it.

NOTE: Unless I mention it specifically, you can use these mini-mods to be included in your own mods. You don't need prior approval as long as you credit me. It'd be nice if you post a link to your mod here though a I'd love to see how many mods want to use my work.
    Last edited by CaptRobau; 22-01-2011 at 23:03.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRobau View Post
    I've been modding the game to my liking since releaseday and I thought I'd share some of these mini-mods with you:

Map Font Mini-Mod

This mod changes the map font (the one you see when you zoom out in the political mapmode) from partially striped to completely solid. It looks much better in my opinion.

Wow yes I totally agree Capt. Looks much better, but how do I install this?
    "The Filipino is worth dying for"

Ninoy Aquino.

MDS Modern Day Scenario 2003 - 2050: Acting Manager
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/....03-Compatible

San_Felipe colouring mod.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=496514

HoI3 - Modern Warfare for TFH
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/hearts-of-...modern-warfare
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...n+day+scenario

HoI3 - Black Ice
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Black-ICE-TFH

Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

The installation instructions are in the Readme file included in the zip.

Glad you like it!

Art - Games - History Alexspeed's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Thank you for modding this.

Now if it would just be that easy to mod in a completly new font...
    Or could you do that as well?
    Platypus rutilus, in hoc signo vinces - In honorem Paradox!
    Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign for a diseased mind! – Terry Pratchett
    ----------- -----------
    Alexspeed´s MIP - Map Improvment Package and Untransparent Map Mod for Victoria 2.
    Alexspeed´s Canvas Worldmap, SexiiColours Intense and Clear Map Overlay for Victoria 2.

Mount & Blade Custom Flag Tutorial - Alexspeed´s Victoria 2 Wallpapers and Loadscreens & Wallpapers for EU3

Member of The Iconians Club 50 and the 200k Club - - Proud Owner of the SAS Award for Forum Dedication.
    My finished Victoria 2 AAR Contest - My AwAARds: Fan of the Week: 7-Nov-2010

I found a font that looks almost exactly like the fonts used on a lot of the late 19th/early 20th century maps. Someone showed me a link to a different forum that showed (partially) how to mod in a new font. It's a lot of work but it should be possible for us modders. When I have more time on my hands I'll give it a go. Until now, this is a good substitution I think.

Art - Games - History Alexspeed's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptRobau View Post
    I found a font that looks almost exactly like the fonts used on a lot of the late 19th/early 20th century maps. Someone showed me a link to a different forum that showed (partially) how to mod in a new font. It's a lot of work but it should be possible for us modders. When I have more time on my hands I'll give it a go. Until now, this is a good substitution I think.
    Well i guess it is, neverthless i hope to see custom fonts in the future

Thanks CaptRobau
    Platypus rutilus, in hoc signo vinces - In honorem Paradox!
    Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign for a diseased mind! – Terry Pratchett
    ----------- -----------
    Alexspeed´s MIP - Map Improvment Package and Untransparent Map Mod for Victoria 2.
    Alexspeed´s Canvas Worldmap, SexiiColours Intense and Clear Map Overlay for Victoria 2.

Mount & Blade Custom Flag Tutorial - Alexspeed´s Victoria 2 Wallpapers and Loadscreens & Wallpapers for EU3

Member of The Iconians Club 50 and the 200k Club - - Proud Owner of the SAS Award for Forum Dedication.
    My finished Victoria 2 AAR Contest - My AwAARds: Fan of the Week: 7-Nov-2010

I've added a new mini-mod. See the first post for more details.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Now that stretching fonts have been added to EUIII with the new patch, could you tell us how you changed the font here? Most font mods no longer work with the new EUIII patch.
    I'm looking forward to seeing your next font for Vicky2.

I merely copied the font that was used for small country text (like Belgium) and replaced the version for big countries (like Russia) with it. More I don't know about font editing.

I just released a new mod that gives the zoomed-out map a nice folder paper quality. See the OP for a screenshot and download link.

I'm also working on updating my country name mod. I'm trying to use the names that were used in maps and treaties of the time, to give you more that feel that you're in the Victorian era.

I've also decided that unless I mention it specifically, you can use the mini-mods to be included in your own mods. You don't need approval as long as you credit me. It'd be nice if you post a link to your mod here though a I'd love to see how many mods want to use my work.
    Last edited by CaptRobau; 22-01-2011 at 23:02.

Robau, I think you and Alexspeed should mingle your genetic information and clone the ultimate map modder. Make 40 of them, so that every mod can have at least two on staff
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    Robau, I think you and Alexspeed should mingle your genetic information and clone the ultimate map modder. Make 40 of them, so that every mod can have at least two on staff
    An unorthodox compliment if I ever heard one, but I'll except it. Don't forget Danevang and Thoughtful Punk, though. Those mods would look crap without redesigned UIs and flags. Nothing could stop the monstrocity that would be CaptAlexDanePunk.

+ Reply to Thread