+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Divided to Unite: An Alternate History Mod

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    King Arthur IIThe Kings CrusadeMagickaSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

Divided to Unite: An Alternate History Mod

Mod Suspended

The intention of this mod is to place Victorian Europe (and eventually the rest of the world) into an alternate history in which many pre-existing states never unified into the latter glorious selves. So something like the United Kingdom, for example, never existed, or if it did, it has now been dismantled; you can choose. Essentially, this results in kingdoms and political entities such as Wales, Scotland, Ireland, England, and ETC existing in its place.
    1.2 released, I've:
    added the second bookmark,
    fixed some western european cultures,
    added starting techs for all nations
    added a few more nations to the first bookmark,
    made it so that the top 30 nations can colonize,
    made it so their are only four great powers (this encourages more AI against AI wars seeing as they don't have everyone adjacent to them in their spheres of influence)
    made the acquire state casus bell more likely to happen (this also encourages AI conquest)
    created a few unification nation decisions (haven't perfected them or created the localization yet, but they work)
    Edited starting prestige
    I did some other stuff, but I don't remember it all.
    I still haven't edited starting armies, so I still don't consider it fully playable, but we're getting there.
    Make sure when installing you delete your ENG-United Kingdom file from within the victoria2/history/countries directory if you want England to work properly (I'd save it somewhere for when you want to revert back to your original)
    Credits:
    Me
    The Wookiee: for his How to Modding guides, New Nation Guide
    gigau and the MEIOU modding team: not only for their efforts on a great (in my eyes the best) EUIII mod, but also for allowing me to steal their Brittany flag. I have also stolen their Milan flag. Their awesome Mod
    Trovador: For letting me steal his England flag, from his New Nations mod.
    Verenti: For letting me use parts of his Nova Scotia Mod
    Evil Weasel: For letting me use some of his cultures from his mod

And now some Screen-shots:

Code:

Version 1.2

Alternate

NOTE: to use this mod, either copy it over your base game files; or preferably, use this wonderful tool

NOTE2 :
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wookiee View Post
    2) When you load flags using JSGME the flag cache files are not updated. The flag cache files can be found in gfx\flags\. Sort by size, you'll find all five at the top. When you use the mod launcher to load new flags, new flag caches are automatically created. When you use JSGME, they're not, and all you get when you load the game is a white, blank flag. Delete the five flagfiles every time you mod in a new flag using JSGME.
    Note3: Delete the ENG-United Kingdom file out of your victoria2/history/countries directory if you want England to work properly (You might want to save it somewhere for when you revert back to your original game)
    Last edited by zefert1; 04-07-2012 at 22:55.

1.1 text:

Currently I have only added in new nations, flags, and then divided them up. I have yet to add: new political parties for the new nations, new unification nations (both historical and ahistorical) adjusted prestige levels, unique decisions, starting units, and about everything else I plan to add. So in some ways, the mod is not to a state, in which I would like to play it yet. Really, I am only posting it in order to demonstrate and get feedback upon it.
    Things I would like feedback upon if anyone has the time to spare:
    Borders, especially those in Eastern Europe, (my knowledge of the region is not the best) However, please keep in mind that this is an alternate history mod, meaning some borders might be intentionally different from their historical counterparts, for either game play or some other reason. So I might not take every suggestion.
    Other nations to add; now before people start suggesting nations, I believe I should explain my intentions, I plan to, on top of the current start date that I have, add in two other starting bookmarks. The first date, the one that exists currently, divides only civilized nations (including their colonies) amongst historical or semi historical nations. The second start date intends to do that same, while liberating the colonies from any father nation, so for example, rather than a French Canada you will see and independent Quebec, East India Company, Australia, ETC. The third and final bookmark intends to do the same, but also further dividing nations in Europe, adding completely absurd tiny nations such as Cornwall and whatnot. So when posting a suggestion for a new nation, please also post which bookmark of the three you intend the nation to exist in. Also, don't be afraid to suggest nations which have never existed, such as Sapmi, which I plan to add into the third bookmark; even alternate unification nations, such as the Avignon Empire.
    Better flags that you have either created or found and are usable; while I’ve tried my best to make unique flags for nations (some of which I am quite proud of) some of my flags are complete flukes, for example my fascist Wales flag, so if anyone has any flags to suggest please do.

1.1 download links:

Download Link: MegaUpload

Alternate Link: Here
    Last edited by zefert1; 10-10-2010 at 19:37.

Quote Originally Posted by zefert1 View Post
    Reserved.
    i like the idea but i would prefer it if you just change the timeline to make it more realistic

But then I would have to revise things like industrialization and ETC. That is what Europa Universals and Crusader Kings is for. This mod is meant to give the game-play of the nineteenth century with the political entities of the fifteenth/fanciful. Plus nations like Quebec and the East India company never existed in an earlier time period; at least not at the same time as someone like Wales, and I do plan on adding these nations in later in alternate bookmarks.

P.S. Am I missing some incredibly clever pun by you quoting my "reserved" post?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

i like this mod. u know i once played a game of EU3 HTTT and castille ended up inheriting England through personal union around 1470. it might be cool to make a scenario around that situation.

That does sound interesting (as well as incredibly scary for other nations! I remember one time in my game that England inherited a blobbed France... YIKES)

I definitely add in an alternate unification nation for the two and maybe eventually an alternate scenario like you suggested.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by takedown47 View Post
    i like this mod. u know i once played a game of EU3 HTTT and castille ended up inheriting England through personal union around 1470. it might be cool to make a scenario around that situation.
    I was watching a Let's Play and the UK inherited France....

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaRome GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

YES! This is an incredible idea and I will be following your mod closely. I love the notion of a ahistoric "balkanized world" mod. A pox on plausibility! Will much work be done on nations outside Europe?
    Victoria II unofficial fix pack for 1.2 (last update 2010-12-23)
    Dominion: British Imperial Relations v 1.3 (2010-11-01)
    Australia/New Zealand Improvement Mod (WIP, mate)

1 Labourer has been promoted to Bureaucrat this month

Benedìctus Deus in Sæcula Hardstuff's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2

Nothing I can possibly think of could lead to that situation in Ireland.

Either fully united in some manner, or all parts independent in seperate states.

If something were to happen to Ireland post creation of the Kingdom of Ireland (ie what was historically the earliest unified and centralised (from Dublin) state in Ireland, which was in union with the British crown until 1800), yet pre-American Revolution (even potentially afterwards), you would see a Kingdom of Ireland (though depending on when in this time period, the question of who is King arises - which, later, could still bring up the idea of a Republican style government)

Were something to have happened before the Kingdom of Ireland was created, then there would potentally be several independent Kingdoms - or what have you - in Ireland, and Dublin would be English.
    Credo in unum Deum, Patrem omnipoténtem, factórem cæli et terræ, visibílium ómnium et invisibílium. Et in unum Dóminum Iesum Christum, Fílium Dei Unigénitum.
    Dómine Fili Unigénite, Iesu Christe, miserére nobis - Gloria in excelsis Deo!
    O Sancta Maria, Mater Dei

Irish Regional Premier of An Comhtháthú Fionlannach-Ceilteach (Suomalais-Kelttiläinen liittokunta)
    "It will all be over by Christmas" - A Multiplayer World War One AAR, from a USA perspective.

If you had Normandy, you will make me really happy . You may want to give them the Anglo-Norman island. But I'm biased .

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstuff View Post
    Nothing I can possibly think of could lead to that situation in Ireland.

Either fully united in some manner, or all parts independent in seperate states.

If something were to happen to Ireland post creation of the Kingdom of Ireland (ie what was historically the earliest unified and centralised (from Dublin) state in Ireland, which was in union with the British crown until 1800), yet pre-American Revolution (even potentially afterwards), you would see a Kingdom of Ireland (though depending on when in this time period, the question of who is King arises - which, later, could still bring up the idea of a Republican style government)

Were something to have happened before the Kingdom of Ireland was created, then there would potentially be several independent Kingdoms - or what have you - in Ireland, and Dublin would be English.
    The idea was that either England owned Ireland for a while or at least had influence over the immigrants in the northern sector thus, when Ireland was unifying England was able to throw around its weight enough to cause a fracture by utilizing the differences in the common religion betwixt the two sectors.

But ultimately I wasn't trying to necessarily think of any specific reason why each country was independent, I simply wanted them independent for game-play sake. However, if people agree that northern Ireland should not be in the game, I could do what I originally planned (and still plan to do on the third bookmark) divide Ireland up into the old five kingdoms of the mid-evil ages; mide, munster, and etc. Or maybe I can make northern Ireland owned by Ireland but add in a civil war style of event system, keep brainstorming on the topic, it is really helping.

Quote Originally Posted by Lys91 View Post
    If you had Normandy, you will make me really happy . You may want to give them the Anglo-Norman island. But I'm biased .
    Planned for the third bookmark, good suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by chann View Post
    Will much work be done on nations outside Europe?
    Eventually yes, but for now I am focusing solely on civilized nations; the majority of which happen to be focused in Europe.
    Last edited by zefert1; 05-09-2010 at 18:45.

Second Lieutenant Prussian Fellow's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Anything I could do to help with this mod?

I could add in some cultures, unions, country decisions, and help you spruce up Europe.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Reminds me of EU3's Independent nations mod.

Oh god yes! I've been waiting for this to come out!

Quote Originally Posted by Prussian Fellow View Post
    Anything I could do to help with this mod?

I could add in some cultures, unions, country decisions, and help you spruce up Europe.
    Sure, any help is appreciated. I've been meaning to sit down and make some decisions for unification nations, such as great Britain, as well as some others that I haven't yet put in the game.

I'll pm you
    Last edited by zefert1; 06-09-2010 at 21:01.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmeIII View Post
    Reminds me of EU3's Independent nations mod.
    SHHH. Don't let them know I've stolen their idea!

Actually it was inspired/stolen more from the Civilization Universalis mod. Which sadly has not yet come out for HTTT

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by zefert1 View Post
    SHHH. Don't let them know I've stolen their idea!

Actually it was inspired/stolen more from the Civilization Universalis mod. Which sadly has not yet come out for HTTT
    It did, check their subforums at EU3 user modifications, a little buggy but it works well.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmeIII View Post
    It did, check their subforums at EU3 user modifications, a little buggy but it works well.
    huh I missed that, I'll have to check it out

Looks nice so far, I do hope that you plan to allow a recreation of the Byzantine Empire

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast