+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Clear Map Overlay

Art - Games - History Alexspeed's Avatar
    79 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries

Clear Map Overlay

Alexspeed´s Clear Map Overlay for Victoria 2

This mod works with the Victoria 2 - A House Divided Expansion!

Also try out:
    Alexspeed´s Untransparent Map Mod for Victoria 2.
    Alexspeed´s Canvas Worldmap for Victoria 2.
    Alexspeed´s SexiiColours Intense for Victoria 2.
    Also included in:
    Alexspeed´s MIP - Map Improvment Package for Victoria 2.

Ladies & Gentlemen,
    hereby i present you a small modification that could make a huge impact on how you look on your Victoria 2 Map.

The Mod:

This Mod removes the "Map-like"-Overlay in the world view and replaces it with a blank see-through texture.

I did test it on my machine without any problems.
    If you want to give feedback or encounter any problems with this modification, please let me know in here

1.2:
    I included in this updated version the parchment overlay texture as a alternative in the download.
    Its a collaboration between takedown47 and me, he got the idea first and i used some image magic to make it seamless
    Big thanks to him that i may include it here.

1.3:
    I included in this updated version the dark parchment overlay texture as a alternative in the download.

The Work:

The first Version of this Mod was created on Sept. 03, 2010
    It is intended for use with Victoria 2 - 1.1 & 1.2

This mod works with the Victoria 2 - A House Divided Expansion!
    This mod is tested and works fine with Victoria 2 - Version 1.2!

You are free to use this mod with your original of Victoria 2
    You may redistribute freely, but dont claim it as your own work nor charge money for it.

Thanks to takedown47 who first created the parchment texture and allowed me to include it.

The latest release is Clear Map Overlay 1.3

Included in this Release:
    - 1 folder with subfolder, including a .dds-file
    - 1 folder with subfolders, including 2 .dds-files
    - 1 readme.txt file

The Download:

click here: Clear Map Overlay Version 1.3

Mirror (not jet ready)

To Use:

Go to your "..\Victoria 2\map\terrain" Folder,
    make a backup of the "map_overlay_tile.dds" thats in there,
    save it at a secure place or rename it, in case you want to revert to the original map overlay.

Then copy the "map_overlay_tile.dds" from the mod´s archive in your "..\Victoria 2\map\terrain" Folder.

Alternative Files:

If you want the parchment texture instead of the clear one,
    take the "map_overlay_tile.dds" from the "parchment" folder to replace your original file.

Or if you want the dark parchment texture instead of the clear one,
    take the "map_overlay_tile.dds" from the "dark parchment" folder to replace your original file.

Launch Victoria 2 and enjoy!

Changelist:

1.0: initial release
    1.1: changed .dds file compression format
    1.2: included the pachment overlay texture as a option (thanks takedown47)
    1.3: included the dark pachment overlay texture as a option

Old Versions:

Clear Map Overlay 1.0, Mirror1
    Clear Map Overlay Version 1.1
    Clear Map Overlay Version 1.2

The Dark Parchment version (new in 1.3)

The Parchment version (new in 1.2)

Last edited by Alexspeed; 20-05-2013 at 21:21.
    Platypus rutilus, in hoc signo vinces - In honorem Paradox!
    Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign for a diseased mind! – Terry Pratchett
    ----------- -----------
    Alexspeed´s MIP - Map Improvment Package and Untransparent Map Mod for Victoria 2.
    Alexspeed´s Canvas Worldmap, SexiiColours Intense and Clear Map Overlay for Victoria 2.

Mount & Blade Custom Flag Tutorial - Alexspeed´s Victoria 2 Wallpapers and Loadscreens & Wallpapers for EU3

Member of The Iconians Club 50 and the 200k Club - - Proud Owner of the SAS Award for Forum Dedication.
    My finished Victoria 2 AAR Contest - My AwAARds: Fan of the Week: 7-Nov-2010

79 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    reserved, just in case =)
    Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign for a diseased mind! – Terry Pratchett
    ----------- -----------
    Alexspeed´s MIP - Map Improvment Package and Untransparent Map Mod for Victoria 2.
    Alexspeed´s Canvas Worldmap, SexiiColours Intense and Clear Map Overlay for Victoria 2.

Mount & Blade Custom Flag Tutorial - Alexspeed´s Victoria 2 Wallpapers and Loadscreens & Wallpapers for EU3

Member of The Iconians Club 50 and the 200k Club - - Proud Owner of the SAS Award for Forum Dedication.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Looks good, i'll give it a try and let you know how it works, if anything goes wrong and whatnot.

79 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cker View Post
    Looks good, i'll give it a try and let you know how it works, if anything goes wrong and whatnot.
    Great thank you
    ----------- -----------

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Hello,

this looks really great, and I like it even more as I don't like V2's vanilla look at all.

But I have a question: is your mod compatible with "Danevang's V2 Map Fertilizer"?

Yours,
    AdL
    "Don't bother me with technicalities." - Ulm // "Good god! What have we done?!" - H.J.W., M.Eng.

"... and maybe the horse will learn to sing."

... wanna see MEIOU in action? Take a look at this.

... plays now M&T.

... recommends reading this.

79 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan deLane View Post
    Hello,

this looks really great, and I like it even more as I don't like V2's vanilla look at all.

But I have a question: is your mod compatible with "Danevang's V2 Map Fertilizer"?

Yours,
    AdL
    Should be compatible, "Danevang's V2 Map Fertilizer" changes only the water texture .dds file.

I bet Danevang's Mod looks even better without the map overlay
    ----------- -----------

79 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexspeed View Post
    Should be compatible, "Danevang's V2 Map Fertilizer" changes only the water texture .dds file.

I bet Danevang's Mod looks even better without the map overlay
    Indeed its not only compatible, it also looks great

Last edited by Alexspeed; 06-09-2010 at 12:40.
    ----------- -----------

and finally

or in plain words: Thank you kindly!

AdL
    "Don't bother me with technicalities." - Ulm // "Good god! What have we done?!" - H.J.W., M.Eng.

... plays now M&T.

79 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan deLane View Post
    and finally
    or in plain words: Thank you kindly!
    AdL
    Glad you like it, thank you
    ----------- -----------

Glad you like it, thank you
    IMHO this how the vanilla look should have been.

Yours,
    AdL

... plays now M&T.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Been playing over 1 and a half hours, noticed nothing wrong, all running smoothly, heck with the map looking smoother it felt a lot better.
    You da man.

79 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cker View Post
    Been playing over 1 and a half hours, noticed nothing wrong, all running smoothly, heck with the map looking smoother it felt a lot better.
    You da man.
    Awesome News, thank you Cker
    ----------- -----------

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Victoria 2500k club

Looks very clean and sharp... I'll have to try it.
    Divergences - An alternative history mod for Victoria 2. Now at version 0.5, with a new military system an many new countries.

GloriaMundi 0.4: the missing scoresheet for CKII. Now compatible with Old Gods!

The World Quiz: quizzes on World History, the World Today, Science & Technology and the Earth from above. Contribute by submitting your own questions!

68 games registered

200k clubDiplomacyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Galactic AssaultHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpire
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IILead and GoldThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Yeah, the map-like texture was cool for about 5 minutes, then it just starts to hurt the eyes! Good work Mr. Alexspeed!

Benedìctus Deus in Sæcula Hardstuff's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2

[IMG]http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy244/Alexspeed75/Vicy2/with-danevang.jpg[IMG]
    Sexalicious.
    Credo in unum Deum, Patrem omnipoténtem, factórem cæli et terræ, visibílium ómnium et invisibílium. Et in unum Dóminum Iesum Christum, Fílium Dei Unigénitum.
    Dómine Fili Unigénite, Iesu Christe, miserére nobis - Gloria in excelsis Deo!
    O Sancta Maria, Mater Dei

Irish Regional Premier of An Comhtháthú Fionlannach-Ceilteach (Suomalais-Kelttiläinen liittokunta)
    "It will all be over by Christmas" - A Multiplayer World War One AAR, from a USA perspective.

79 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinniken View Post
    Looks very clean and sharp... I'll have to try it.
    You should, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkside View Post
    Yeah, the map-like texture was cool for about 5 minutes, then it just starts to hurt the eyes! Good work Mr. Alexspeed!
    Thank you Mr.Darkside

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstuff View Post
    Sexalicious.
    At least that
    Thx
    ----------- -----------

79 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by takedown47 View Post
    i was fiddling around and came up with this 18th century map look:

[IMAGE]
    Very nice, that is just a modded "map_overlay_tile.dds"?
    ----------- -----------

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Very nice, that is just a modded "map_overlay_tile.dds"?
    yep. i just found an old paper texture and layered it over your blank overlay file.

79 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by takedown47 View Post
    yep. i just found an old paper texture and layered it over your blank overlay file.
    You should try to smooth out the borders, so that they arnt so visible any more
    and then make a download for it
    ----------- -----------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast