The Victoria 2 Advisor - download version 2.4 here.
What it is, Briefly
Victoria 2 is a great game, but it's pretty complicated, and it's easy to overlook/forget some things (e.g. did I remember to move my military spending sliders up when I went to war?), and difficult/impossible to find others (e.g. which countries have a Casus Belli on me). The Victoria2 advisor is designed to help remedy this. A picture is worth a thousand words - here's a screen grab showing a subset of its output:
You can click on the image to see an example of a complete advisor report.
What it is, in more detail
You supply the Victoria 2 advisor with a save game file. It then looks at that file, in the role of a given country (by default the one you are playing, but you can change this), and does the following:
[*] V2.4 - Small bug fixes
- It will see if you forgot to research anything.
- It will print out all Casus Belli you have, and all those that others have on you.
- It will see if you have unused National Focii.
- It will see if you have any easily repayable loans.
- [V1.1] It will see if you have too many clergy in any province (beyond 6% is wasted)
- [V1.1] It will see if you have too many clerks-to-craftsmen in any province (there should be no fewer than 4 craftsmen / clerk)
- [V1.1] It will see if you are a Great Power but aren't using any Influence points
- [V1.2] It will tell you your leaders, sorted by a rough value estimate.
- [V1.2] It will tell you if you have armies entirely of support troops (artillery/engineer), and whether they are (a) at home, (b) not at home by escorted (and by which non-support army), or (c) not at home, and not escorted.
- [V1.3] See which countries have the worst rebellions
- [V1.3] See which ships you have in your navy, and how many regiments of each type in your army.
- [V1.4] See which colonies are ready for statehood, and their literacy
- [V1.5] Tell you if you and another country are trying to colonize the same territory.
- [V1.5] Tell you whether you are spending an 'encourage railroad' NF in a territory where the provinces are already at their maximum raiload level.
- [V1.5] Tell you whether you are spending an 'encourage clergy' NF in a territory where the provinces are already at their optimum clergy level.
- [V1.5] Tell you whether you are spending an 'encourage clerk' NF in a territory where the provinces are already at their optimum clerk level.
- [V1.6] Tell you which states are closest to their industrial capacity.
- [V1.6] Tell you if you have military units that are obselete, and suggest an upgrade.
- [V1.7] Tell you which goods are found where
- [V2.0] UI revamp, advisor outputs can now be toggled individually.
- [V2.0] much deeper advice on Clergy.
- [V2.1] much deeper advice on Clerks.
- [V2.1] GUI option added
- [V2.2] Now tells you how much your military is costing you, broken down by unit type.
- [V2.2] Dumps your existing political parties, and flags if any of them are less than two years old.
- [V2.3] Factory advisor added.
How to get it
Visit this web page, which has links to the versions to download and examples of program output.
Does it work with version 1.3?