• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
TRANSYLVANIA

2wh45g3.jpg

Entry 7 – Scene 6

As Range spoke with the Maid, Chan was in the parlor with the others.

The Hanging Judge had taken an instant dislike to Charlie Chan. With intentions of making a fool out of Charlie, he moved up to the detective.

oqhuux.jpg

HANGING JUDGE: (pidgin Chinese/English) Mebbe you likee havee little drinkee?

2vnl3k7.jpg

CHARLIE CHAN: (perfect English) How charming of you to ask…(imitating Judge) Me no drinkee now – (perfect English) Perhaps later…after the murderer has been apprehended.

HANGING JUDGE: You think I’m the murderer, don’t you Chan?

CHARLIE CHAN: On most occasions, number one, or two son might have come to that thought. But, as you see they are not here. So, you will not be accused of this murder.

The Hanging Judge’s eyes opened wide as he began to take a few steps back.

Turning to look at the other partygoers, Chan caught the Rich Widow staring at the Secret Lady. The Fall Guy seemed nervous. The ?, dressed as a sheik was tight lipped as if hoping to keep a secret.

CHARLIE CHAN: You all say you are strangers to one another…is this so?

28ja6py.jpg

RICH WIDOW: I for one have never laid eyes on any of these people.

CHARLIE CHAN: (to Gardener) What about you?

1zn5t36.jpg

GARDENER: (nervous) Me…I’m just a simple gardener.

ru8euv.jpg

COLONEL: This is preposterous…you can tell we’re all strangers to one another.

2vxkruu.jpg

SECRET LADY: Why do you ask Mr. Chan?

zsobh3.jpg

LIBRARIAN: Hasn’t anyone read a mystery novel. We’re all suspects here.

24l0dg3.jpg

DOCTOR: That’s ridiculous…the man hung himself. We all saw him hanging from the rafters.

CHARLIE CHAN: Not easy task for dead man to put noose about neck. Isn’t that so, doctor?

DOCTOR: The man was strangled…and, it’s also true the man was dead before he was raised to the rafters.

jra6oy.jpg

SCREAMER: No-o-o-o-o-o-o-o!

HANGING JUDGE: That fact was obvious to me just by the way the rope was tied off.

CHARLIE CHAN: True…and, it took very strong man to raise victim up.

The Hanging Judge moved up to the valet.

HANGING JUDGE: Someone like our friend here.

315nxqh.jpg

VALET: I didn’t kill him.

CHARLIE CHAN: True…you’re not killer…only accomplice.

2h7dun4.jpg

FALL GUY: So, you’re saying that any of us might be the killer.

CHARLIE CHAN: True…you all suspects of a crime…this murder, or other crimes.

FALL GUY: I know…you all think I did it!

HANGING JUDGE: The thought did cross my mind stranger.

RICH WIDOW: And, that’s almost an admission of guilt.

HANGING JUDGE: Mr. Chan…I can tell he’s our man…

LIBRARIAN: I don’t know, but he has been quite nervous as if he has something to hide.

HANGING JUDGE: Correct me if I’m wrong stranger, but weren’t you the only one of us that didn’t come to the stairs earlier…after the scream. Why was that?

FALL GUY: Why would that matter?

LIBRARIAN: What do you think Mr. Chan…is he our man…the murderer?

CHARLIE CHAN: Hasty conclusion like gunpowder…easy to explode. So far Judge you have accused two…but, clearly there are many others who could be murderer.

2ns7yp4.jpg

OMA: (to self) This doesn’t hold well for Range.

Chan stared over at Oma, as if sharing the same thought.

Last edited:
I still don't get the plumbing theft....

Do you already have all of the crime made up?

I still don't get the plumbing theft....

Do you already have all of the crime made up?

Regarding, the plumbing all will become clear grasshopper...

As for the crime...I haven't a clue...I'm just logically (winging) the story line as I go along.

Last edited:
Then, I daresay, the end is going to be very peculiar.

TRANSYLVANIA

2wh45g3.jpg

ENTRY 8

THE YEARS WILL NOW BEGIN TO FLY…PLEASE STAY WITH ME…PLAYING AS A VASSAL IS PAINFULLY SLOW…I’LL LET RANGE EXPLAIN…

RANGE: luckily, Transylvania is made up of two provinces. On the bad side, half of the combined taxes goes to our overlord (HUNGARY). We have no army to speak of…one infantry regiment. Being a vassal we can’t start wars, and the prospect of picking up an extra province and making some ducats is very unlikely; as all plunder goes to the Overlord...or, unless the Overlord dictates otherwise.

The little Transylvania can do is LIMITED to building, trade and making friends as well as enemies. Currently, Austria is allied with Hungary which makes our prospect of breaking away from our Overlord quite remote.

2ikumg7.jpg

Our new king doesn’t bring much to the table.

zlce4g.jpg

Finally…some progress.

4hqf5.jpg

This will do wonders for trading. But, we must look to do more

vdpyxi.jpg

Another move toward Free Trade…

kao3zt.jpg

2iuz0w1.jpg

WE can’t pass this up…a free move toward our goal.

21awy9i.jpg

Another move toward Free Trade.

Next Entry: back at the castle.

Last edited:
Progress remains slow but steady. Trading does often prove best for a small nation, hopefully Transylvania will get her chance to break free from her bonds to Hungary at some point in the none too distant future.

Progress remains slow but steady. Trading does often prove best for a small nation, hopefully Transylvania will get her chance to break free from her bonds to Hungary at some point in the none too distant future.

Sooner the better...

TRANSYLVANIA

2wh45g3.jpg

Entry 9 - SCENE 7

There comes a loud knock on the front door, as if a heavy knocker had been struck against the door.

The Valet moves to answer the door, carrying a torch as he goes.

315nxqh.jpg

VALET: Yes.

p6mwm.jpg

CAB DRIVER: Hello...Wow!

The cab driver takes a quick step back in seeing the valet.

VALET: Yes?

CAB DRIVER: I’m sorry to have to bother you, but my cab broke down at the bottom of the hill, and I was wondering if I could use your phone.

VALET: No power...

1icw8w.jpg

BETTY: Oh, please mister can we come in...it's starting to rain?

CAB DRIVER: I was hoping you two would stay in the cab.

EDDIE: I wanted to...but, my wife was afraid.

The valet looked behind wondering what to do.

VALET: (beat) Come in.

BETTY: My, mister you should make a point to get out in the sun more...you look a little pale.

EDDIE: It’s more of a grayish color...than pale.

CAB DRIVER: Yeah...Like rigamortis is setting in.

VALET: I have Makeup on.

EDDIE: Well, that explains it.

CAB DRIVER: It does? (to self) Not to me it don’t

Betty: It's such a pretty grey.

VALET: Follow me.

CAB DRIVER: Ah...if it’s all the same to you...since there's no phone...I'll wait in the cab till the power is restored. And, I'd suggest you two to do the same.

EDDIE: Don't be silly we'll be fine.

CAB DRIVER: All right suit yourselves. After all, it is your funeral.(leaves)

EDDIE: I wonder what he meant by that?

The Valet leads Betty and Eddie toward the parlor.

SCENE 8

In the parlor...the party guests are surprised to see the couple.

28ja6py.jpg

RICH WIDOW: How grand two more guests.

ru8euv.jpg

COLONEL: Victims you mean.

zsobh3.jpg

LIBARIAN: Yes...you don't think they'll be only one murder, do you? The murderer is after several of us.

2vnl3k7.jpg

CHARLIE CHAN: Why do you say that?

LIBARIAN: Isn't it obvious...he brought several strangers together for no other reason than murder.

2ns7yp4.jpg

OMA: You're forgetting something ...it was our host that was murdered.

CHARLIE CHAN: Not necessary true. No one recognized host...then, one might think he not host?

1zn5t36.jpg

GARDENER: (afraid)Do you mean one of us might be the host?

The gardener faints.

jra6oy.jpg

SCREAMER: He's dead...A-a-a-a-a-a-h!

RICH WIDOW: Oh, will someone knock some sense into that girl...(pause) Well...if no else will..1 will.

The rich widow then storms over to the screamer and slaps her across the face, knocking her to the floor.

Eddie and Betty, stunned, cling to each other as they have idea what’s going on.

The hanging judge, with the noose that hung the man earlier, then moved up to Eddie and Betty.

oqhuux.jpg

THE HANGING JUDGE: Where were you two earlier when the murder was committed?

1icw8w.jpg

EDDIE: (stutters) MURDER?

BETTY: (swallows hard) In the cab.

The Hanging Judge moved away.

The doctor who had been attending the gardener, then straightens up.

24l0dg3.jpg

DOCTOR: He'll be alright he just fainted, that's all.

The doctor then moved over to Eddie and Betty.

DOCTOR: Leave while you still can.

The doctor moves off.

The Fall Guy then moves up to the couple.

2h7dun4.jpg

FALL GUY: (sniveling) They all think I committed the murder.

The fall Guy moves off.

EDDIE: (swallow hard) Maybe we should wait in the car.

BETTY: I think you’re right.

The couple then turn and find their path is blocked by the valet. They quickly turn away from the valet.

EDDIE: On second thought...

BETTY: Yeah...on second thought...

SCENE 10

In the kitchen, while the maid’s back is turned, a hand drops something into one of the bowls of soup.

Last edited:
I like this last post...it's a bit quirky and strange, but funny none the less!

I love the icons you've used. Very classical.

Thank you.

You're the only one that's commented on them.

TRANSYLVANIA

2wh45g3.jpg

Entry 10

25g53xz.jpg

Nearing the end Hungary’s war with Poland and Lithuania, Prince Kowalat rode to Budjak to speak with Range.

PRINCE KOWALAT: Duke sends praise for you and your men’s valor. But, of course he realized that even in victory we will not have any gains to show for it.

RANGE: And, what’s the Duke’s point.

PRINCE KOWALAT: Might not this be the moment to declare our freedom from Hungary’s rule?

21j6dyd.jpg

RANGE: That’s quite a question.

9854aq.jpg

RANGE: Well, there’s no like the present.

inzseh.jpg

RANGE: We could use more good news like that.

j96kp2.jpg

RANGE: WE’re still allied with Hungary…lets’ keep it that way for a while.

Guarenteed by Bohemia too - that's good!

Nicely played. :)

Nice work gaining your independence. What do you plan to do next?

I'm glad to see the gamble to break the vassalisation has paid off. Now hopefully Transylvania can expand.

Nice! You are now independent from Hungary AND allied! Good job!

The question is how long do I keep Hungary as an ally...before turning them.

I echo Eber...

Austria is the key.

Guarenteed by Bohemia too - that's good!

Nicely played. :)

Thank you.

Nice work gaining your independence. What do you plan to do next?

Expand...I need reserves and beach front property.

I'm glad to see the gamble to break the vassalisation has paid off. Now hopefully Transylvania can expand.

Expand...while not gaining too many enemies.

TRANSYLVANIA

There ten screenshots in this post.

124k6ci.jpg

"Virtutea Romana Reinviata" which in Romanian means "Revived Roman Virtue".

Entry 11

1821 (Looking back)

With the closing of another journey, I look back at what took place after Transylvania became free. Not forgetting what was going on at the castle you understand, but right now I think it’s high time to give the lowdown of a great nation taking its first steps.

To begin…I start with the thinking that was the Transylvania’s leaders after the day of Independence...

27xe743.jpg

First off it became very evident at least to me that being allied with Hungary wasn’t a good idea for the long haul.

At first, it looked good at least on the map. But, in reality, other than keeping Hungary off our backs, being allied to the Hungarian’s was as if there was a noose waiting to be slipped around our necks. And, the noose was in Austrian hands.

a469th.jpg

I pushed to put all are tech funds into Land techs, and trade. Also, I made sure that every building that was available was built...forts especially.

2v0cupc.jpg

Our New King…the throne was hardly warm.

xlcq3m.jpg

No sooner had we given Hungary the boot as an ally…Austria came knocking. I guess they recognized a new kid on the block.

2h81q9i.jpg

Now, it was payback time. And, Austria quickly followed suit and declared war on Hungary…thankfully. There was the possibility of Austria ending the new alliance and declaring war on us.

rswt2u.jpg

One by one the The Hungarian Provinces and forts fell...each fell not in weeks, or months, but in days. It wasn't much of a war...Hungary had just finished losing to the Poles. Our swift move to declare way, was one of necessity...we had to beat the Austrian to the punch.

2i0godg.jpg

When it was over…we had a choice we could take Hungary and all it’s provinces if we were willing to make them a vassal. That would have been foolhardy…as it would have been a very good way to anger Austria.

2wduazn.jpg

Instead, Hungary ceded four provinces in all. We took three for ourselves and one was handed over to Austria as a gesture of good will.

20pbthe.jpg

Transylvania had more than doubled it’s territory...and, just as important as the new territory was the adding of more men to our reserves.

Last edited:
Excellent, excellent gains. Exploiting Hungary's weakness after her war with Poland was a very good move, but the worry seems to be that you have simply switched one large and powerful neighbour with an even larger and more powerful neighbour. I hope you keep Austria on side whilst your grow!

Oh and I like the different style of writing too, seemingly looking back to past actions, rather than writing in the present tense, great stuff.