• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Range

General
12 Badges
May 9, 2009
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
TRANSYLVANIA

23u6kxe.jpg

(Nomine - Normal settings) - 1399

Entry 1 - Introduction

This AAR will be broken down into two types of posts. Most will be the telling of how Transylvania evolves from a Hungarian vassal to a major power of mainland Europe.

SCREAMER: We’re all going to die!

RANGE: Don’t mind her…she’s a character of the other type of post.

Wanting to be removed somewhat from my other AARs, my hope to is to keep the side-story telling to a minimum. However, knowing that the first hundred to hundred and fifty years of the AAR will be painstakingly slow I will tell a tale of murder and intrigue. The story will be limited to about ten to twelve posts at the most. The setting, or at least for the start of the story will be Transylvania 1399.

The first post can be seen this coming Saturday. As some might know I’m still working on the Bavaria AAR. For those that are following along with that AAR, rest assured I do plan on finishing the AAR.

RANGE: Wish me luck…with Transylvania. I think you’ll enjoy the AAR.

SCREAMER: We’re all going to die!

Last edited:
You know I kinda figured on a Shogun homage coming up...
But Transylvania? Well, interesting.

Look at the bright side...I could lose terribly...get ridiculed. :rofl:

Transylvania - 1399

Entry - 2

2wh45g3.jpg

hwwec1.jpg

Any comments would would be greatly appreciated.

Next post will be the first of twelve posts of the 1399 Transylvania murder mystery.

Last edited:
Interesting...:p

Interesting design.

Also, u mad?

Thank you.

And, of course the idea of me being mad is debatable...then again maybe not.
Of course, I suppose my mental health is determined on how I feel on the issue.

TRANSYLVANIA

2wh45g3.jpg

Entry 3 - Scene 1

The invitation to the upstate New York party read “come dressed in costume”. Range had many costumes to choose from. As for Oma, she had only one costume. Thus the choice for her costume was simple.

2ns7yp4.jpg

She wore the clothing she wore in “Yemen – The Happy Arabia”.

ins8bq.jpg

Range came as himself. Himself…complete with fake cigarette. Range doesn’t smoke…he says ”It’s bad for your health.”

It was night when Range and Oma arrived. The Butler who greeted them at the door was odd to say the least. He stood well over six feet tall and had a grayish tone to his skin.

315nxqh.jpg

VALET: Follow me.

RANGE: Nice Costume.

VALET: Would you believe I’m being paid for dressing up like this. I’m an actor.

RANGE: Say what’s your name?

VALET: Sorry…No real names this weekend. Just remember to remain in character.

RANGE: That should be easy for you.

OMA: Oh, by the way we’ll not be staying the weekend. (stares up) What a beautiful staircase.

Scene 2

The valet led Oma and Range into the parlor where the other guests were. The mood was somewhat somber. It appeared that everyone was a stranger to each other. Range and Oma were no different…besides them knowing each other (of course) they hadn’t a clue who the other guests were.

THE GUESTS:
1zbqi3q.jpg

(the cast of characters) And, what a group of characters.

At the top, going left to right we have:

Oma, Himself and the Screamer…just below the Screamer we have the Maid and the Colonel.

The second full row, going left to right we have:
the Cabbie, The Hanging Judge, Valet, and the Librarian

The third full row, going left to right we have:
the Gardener, Second Cabbie, the Doctor, the Rich Widow, and the Mystery Lady.

The last row going left to right, I saved the best:
The Fall Guy, ?, and the couple Eddie and Betty (the Party Crashers).

(There’s more surprise guests on the horizon.)

Scene 2A Back in the parlor:

Range and Oma looked at one another wondering what they had gotten themselves into. Suddenly, there’s a commotion upstairs and scream.

SCREAMER: (out of shot- ear shattering cry) Ah-h-h-h-h-h-h!

With what one might think was a crack of thunder, followed by a earth shaking boom all the lights went out.

RANGE: She’s in the upstairs hallway…come on.

Almost everyone hurried toward the staircase.

Scene 3

Range was first reach the screamer. She was standing on the landing just staring up.

jra6oy.jpg

A man was hanging from the rafters with a noose about his neck.

VALET: Mr. Medea.

RANGE: Medea? (from the AAR Poland)

315nxqh.jpg

VALET: He’s the host…or was.

Oma, standing on a lower step was hidden behind Range.

OMA: (low to Range) Wasn’t that…

219xr7n.jpg

RANGE: (low) Quiet…

oqhuux.jpg

THE HANGING JUDGE: (to Range) Did you know our host, stranger?

RANGE: No…but, I know of him.

THE HANGING JUDGE: In my territory that’s enough evidence to get a man hung.

RANGE: Despite the moment, that’s sort of funny coming from the hanging judge and all.

THE HANGING JUDGE: Why you…

RANGE: And, another thing maybe we should check to see if that’s your handy work swinging from the rafters and whether or not it’s one of your ropes.

2vnl3k7.jpg

CHARLIE CHAN: Excuse please…long journey always start with first short step… maybe we should start by getting victim down from rafters before discovering who committed the murder.

Page 2 – Scene 1-3

Last edited:
Wooh yeah!

A chinese man!

It's the fall man who did it! I'm sure of it!

Uhm...interesting. Not quite sure what to make of this. I'll follow along for now though.

Wooh yeah!

A chinese man!

It's the fall man who did it! I'm sure of it!

I'm not even sure who did it.

Uhm...interesting. Not quite sure what to make of this. I'll follow along for now though.

The storyline is basically a filler...Transylvania being a vassal could make the AAR to be very slow for a while.

Woo! Transylvania! :D

The storyline is basically a filler...Transylvania being a vassal could make the AAR to be very slow for a while.

Yeah, it's very boring to be a vassal.

Especially when you just thought that you evaded annexation because you stole Valenciennes from Burgundy while they were distracted.

Stupid France....

Yeah, it's very boring to be a vassal.

Especially when you just thought that you evaded annexation because you stole Valenciennes from Burgundy while they were distracted.

Stupid France....

Yeah...it can also be boring for the reader too. As for Transylvania I hope to not only make her free but also I want to see her survive until the end.

RANGE: For the reader I not only want to entertain, but also show the moves in making Transylvania into a great nation...

OMA: Oh, brother Range...give us a break.

SCREAMER: We're all going to die!