+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Transylvania

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries

Transylvania

TRANSYLVANIA

(Nomine - Normal settings) - 1399

Entry 1 - Introduction

This AAR will be broken down into two types of posts. Most will be the telling of how Transylvania evolves from a Hungarian vassal to a major power of mainland Europe.

SCREAMER: We’re all going to die!

RANGE: Don’t mind her…she’s a character of the other type of post.

Wanting to be removed somewhat from my other AARs, my hope to is to keep the side-story telling to a minimum. However, knowing that the first hundred to hundred and fifty years of the AAR will be painstakingly slow I will tell a tale of murder and intrigue. The story will be limited to about ten to twelve posts at the most. The setting, or at least for the start of the story will be Transylvania 1399.

The first post can be seen this coming Saturday. As some might know I’m still working on the Bavaria AAR. For those that are following along with that AAR, rest assured I do plan on finishing the AAR.

RANGE: Wish me luck…with Transylvania. I think you’ll enjoy the AAR.

SCREAMER: We’re all going to die!

Last edited by Range; 07-09-2010 at 14:11.
    Previously Completed AARs:\
    Ireland Forever * Scotland, the Brave, the Strong and the Free * Riga - Range's Sabbatical (Yeah Sure) * Morocco - Casablanca * Poland * Range, Scotland's Highland Chieftain * Yemen - The Happy Arabia * Bavaria * Transylvania * Samurai * The Day of Reckoning * EU1 Portugal * Knights of St. John * Poland EU1

CURRENT AARS: * Munster EU4 * England EU1 *

Winner of King_Richard_XI's 3rd ever Irish Shamrock Cookie . Poll: Finalist in 2009 EUIII OscARRs: Best Completed ARR "Yemen - The Happy Arabia". Also, the Winner of the AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 for Favourite EU Narrative AAR "Poland" - Character Writer of the week ending 12/26/10

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection

You know I kinda figured on a Shogun homage coming up...
    But Transylvania? Well, interesting.
    I was Sir blsteen, Knight of the Eastern West... in :One Last HurRAAh: A Milanese Empire Interactive AAR:

I was FOTW 11/25/09 and 9/12/10

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blsteen View Post
    You know I kinda figured on a Shogun homage coming up...
    But Transylvania? Well, interesting.
    Look at the bright side...I could lose terribly...get ridiculed.
    Ireland Forever * Scotland, the Brave, the Strong and the Free * Riga - Range's Sabbatical (Yeah Sure) * Morocco - Casablanca * Poland * Range, Scotland's Highland Chieftain * Yemen - The Happy Arabia * Bavaria * Transylvania * Samurai * The Day of Reckoning * EU1 Portugal * Knights of St. John * Poland EU1

Winner of King_Richard_XI's 3rd ever Irish Shamrock Cookie . Poll: Finalist in 2009 EUIII OscARRs: Best Completed ARR "Yemen - The Happy Arabia". Also, the Winner of the AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 for Favourite EU Narrative AAR "Poland" - Character Writer of the week ending 12/26/10

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries

Transylvania

Transylvania - 1399

Entry - 2

Any comments would would be greatly appreciated.

Next post will be the first of twelve posts of the 1399 Transylvania murder mystery.
    Last edited by Range; 07-09-2010 at 14:11.

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection

dun dun
    I was Sir blsteen, Knight of the Eastern West... in :One Last HurRAAh: A Milanese Empire Interactive AAR:

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    dun dun
    I don't know whether or not this AAR will last long enough for me to write up twelve scenes.

A bear there was, a bear! Kapt Torbjorn's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Interesting...
    Showcased AAR 4/17/2010, Lord Strange's Cookie of British Awesomeness , Favourite EU3 History Book AAR Q2 2010, Favourite EU3 Narrative AAR Q3 2010

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapt Torbjorn View Post
    Interesting...
    Thank you. I hope to have the next post later tonight (tomorrow for some).

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sylverCode View Post
    Interesting design.

Also, u mad?
    Thank you.

And, of course the idea of me being mad is debatable...then again maybe not.
    Of course, I suppose my mental health is determined on how I feel on the issue.

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries

Transylvania

TRANSYLVANIA

Entry 3 - Scene 1

The invitation to the upstate New York party read “come dressed in costume”. Range had many costumes to choose from. As for Oma, she had only one costume. Thus the choice for her costume was simple.

She wore the clothing she wore in “Yemen – The Happy Arabia”.

Range came as himself. Himself…complete with fake cigarette. Range doesn’t smoke…he says ”It’s bad for your health.”

It was night when Range and Oma arrived. The Butler who greeted them at the door was odd to say the least. He stood well over six feet tall and had a grayish tone to his skin.

VALET: Follow me.

RANGE: Nice Costume.

VALET: Would you believe I’m being paid for dressing up like this. I’m an actor.

RANGE: Say what’s your name?

VALET: Sorry…No real names this weekend. Just remember to remain in character.

RANGE: That should be easy for you.

OMA: Oh, by the way we’ll not be staying the weekend. (stares up) What a beautiful staircase.

Scene 2

The valet led Oma and Range into the parlor where the other guests were. The mood was somewhat somber. It appeared that everyone was a stranger to each other. Range and Oma were no different…besides them knowing each other (of course) they hadn’t a clue who the other guests were.

THE GUESTS:

(the cast of characters) And, what a group of characters.

At the top, going left to right we have:

Oma, Himself and the Screamer…just below the Screamer we have the Maid and the Colonel.

The second full row, going left to right we have:
    the Cabbie, The Hanging Judge, Valet, and the Librarian

The third full row, going left to right we have:
    the Gardener, Second Cabbie, the Doctor, the Rich Widow, and the Mystery Lady.

The last row going left to right, I saved the best:
    The Fall Guy, ?, and the couple Eddie and Betty (the Party Crashers).

(There’s more surprise guests on the horizon.)

Scene 2A Back in the parlor:

Range and Oma looked at one another wondering what they had gotten themselves into. Suddenly, there’s a commotion upstairs and scream.

SCREAMER: (out of shot- ear shattering cry) Ah-h-h-h-h-h-h!

With what one might think was a crack of thunder, followed by a earth shaking boom all the lights went out.

RANGE: She’s in the upstairs hallway…come on.

Almost everyone hurried toward the staircase.

Scene 3

Range was first reach the screamer. She was standing on the landing just staring up.

A man was hanging from the rafters with a noose about his neck.

VALET: Mr. Medea.

RANGE: Medea? (from the AAR Poland)

VALET: He’s the host…or was.

Oma, standing on a lower step was hidden behind Range.

OMA: (low to Range) Wasn’t that…

RANGE: (low) Quiet…

THE HANGING JUDGE: (to Range) Did you know our host, stranger?

RANGE: No…but, I know of him.

THE HANGING JUDGE: In my territory that’s enough evidence to get a man hung.

RANGE: Despite the moment, that’s sort of funny coming from the hanging judge and all.

THE HANGING JUDGE: Why you…

RANGE: And, another thing maybe we should check to see if that’s your handy work swinging from the rafters and whether or not it’s one of your ropes.

CHARLIE CHAN: Excuse please…long journey always start with first short step… maybe we should start by getting victim down from rafters before discovering who committed the murder.

Page 2 – Scene 1-3
    Last edited by Range; 07-09-2010 at 14:12.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Wooh yeah!

A chinese man!

It's the fall man who did it! I'm sure of it!
    I was fan of the week: 9/28/09

On semi-permanent hiatus until CK 2 arrives. Don't expect to see me on.

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” - Mark Twain

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Uhm...interesting. Not quite sure what to make of this. I'll follow along for now though.
    This AAR Soks
    WritAAR of the Week: 8 January 2012 and Weekly AAR Showcase: 15 April 2012

Are you Deshtined to suffer another kiss?
    Favourite EU Comedy AAR AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 (Q3) and 2011 (Q3)
    Character Writer of the Week: 5 December 2010

My Inkwell - Warning! This content is rated EP: Extremely Poor
    Fan of the Week: 7 September 2010, 27 February 2011 and 26 April 2012

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Johan11 View Post
    Wooh yeah!

A chinese man!

It's the fall man who did it! I'm sure of it!
    I'm not even sure who did it.

Quote Originally Posted by morningSIDEr View Post
    Uhm...interesting. Not quite sure what to make of this. I'll follow along for now though.
    The storyline is basically a filler...Transylvania being a vassal could make the AAR to be very slow for a while.

Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Woo! Transylvania!
    Recipient of the 6th ever Irish Shamrock Cookie and a birthday cookie! Thank you King_Richard_XI!

Sir dinofs of Gowin-Fártherr, Duke of Insanity, Lord of Tomfoolery, Spirit of Change, Upsetter of the Status Quo, Reverser of Historical Trends, Defeater of Ming, and All-Around Meddler.

Fan of the week, 1-08-2010!
    WRITAAR OF THE WEEK 23-05-2010!

Double woo!
    Or is that chan

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Charlie Chaaaaaan!
    1914-1964 - the Ultimate Strategy Game

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dinofs View Post
    Woo! Transylvania!
    I hope to make this fun.

Double woo!
    Or is that chan
    Chan should make this work.

Quote Originally Posted by tuore View Post
    Charlie Chaaaaaan!
    It was a natural...Chan. I hope everyone enjoys the AAR as much as I'll have writing the AAR and incorporating the theme with the game.

Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Range View Post
    The storyline is basically a filler...Transylvania being a vassal could make the AAR to be very slow for a while.
    Yeah, it's very boring to be a vassal.

Especially when you just thought that you evaded annexation because you stole Valenciennes from Burgundy while they were distracted.

Stupid France....
    I was fan of the week: 9/28/09

On semi-permanent hiatus until CK 2 arrives. Don't expect to see me on.

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” - Mark Twain

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Johan11 View Post
    Yeah, it's very boring to be a vassal.

Especially when you just thought that you evaded annexation because you stole Valenciennes from Burgundy while they were distracted.

Stupid France....

Yeah...it can also be boring for the reader too. As for Transylvania I hope to not only make her free but also I want to see her survive until the end.

RANGE: For the reader I not only want to entertain, but also show the moves in making Transylvania into a great nation...

OMA: Oh, brother Range...give us a break.

SCREAMER: We're all going to die!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast