+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SexiiColours Intense for Victoria 2

Art - Games - History Alexspeed's Avatar
    79 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    added a Mirror download at Strategyinformer, so the file dont get lost
    Platypus rutilus, in hoc signo vinces - In honorem Paradox!
    Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign for a diseased mind! – Terry Pratchett
    ----------- -----------
    Alexspeed´s MIP - Map Improvment Package and Untransparent Map Mod for Victoria 2.
    Alexspeed´s Canvas Worldmap, SexiiColours Intense and Clear Map Overlay for Victoria 2.

Mount & Blade Custom Flag Tutorial - Alexspeed´s Victoria 2 Wallpapers and Loadscreens & Wallpapers for EU3

Member of The Iconians Club 50 and the 200k Club - - Proud Owner of the SAS Award for Forum Dedication.
    My finished Victoria 2 AAR Contest - My AwAARds: Fan of the Week: 7-Nov-2010

Is this compatible with popanddemand mod??

79 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon B View Post
    I am not sure which mod you mean exactly,
    but any mod that alters how the game works or behaves is most likely compatible.

This is a pure graphical mod that only changes the colours of the countries,
    so i would say yes its compatible

EDIT:

It is not compatible, but can easily be made compatible, look in this post
    Last edited by Alexspeed; 06-09-2010 at 10:38.
    Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign for a diseased mind! – Terry Pratchett
    ----------- -----------
    Alexspeed´s MIP - Map Improvment Package and Untransparent Map Mod for Victoria 2.
    Alexspeed´s Canvas Worldmap, SexiiColours Intense and Clear Map Overlay for Victoria 2.

Mount & Blade Custom Flag Tutorial - Alexspeed´s Victoria 2 Wallpapers and Loadscreens & Wallpapers for EU3

Member of The Iconians Club 50 and the 200k Club - - Proud Owner of the SAS Award for Forum Dedication.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Victoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

You should really combine it with your other mod, they would go very well together.
    Divergences - An alternative history mod for Victoria 2. Now at version 0.5, with a new military system an many new countries.

GloriaMundi 0.4: the missing scoresheet for CKII. Now compatible with Old Gods!

The World Quiz: quizzes on World History, the World Today, Science & Technology and the Earth from above. Contribute by submitting your own questions!

79 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinniken View Post
    You should really combine it with your other mod, they would go very well together.
    Now that i finished my 3rd Mod, the Canvas Worldmap, i will see if i can pack them all together in a download, you are right.

I wanted them first released seperatly, so if any other modder wants to include only a part of them in a bigger mod, then he can do that easily.

Thank you
    ----------- -----------

Master of the Universe CaptRobau's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Bolivia and Japan look odd to me. The other greenish yellows have much more green in them making them olive, etc. Moldavia and better on the eyes

Then again you have a few alternative color sets I hadn't seen before that fix some of the colors I didn't like.

79 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptRobau View Post
    Bolivia and Japan look odd to me. The other greenish yellows have much more green in them making them olive, etc. Moldavia and better on the eyes

Then again you have a few alternative color sets I hadn't seen before that fix some of the colors I didn't like.
    I see... well the funny thing is Japan is pure yellow, it has absolutly no green in it.

Japan - color = { 240 240 0 }

The colours just dont come out ingame as you enter the rgb codes i guess.
    I might play around alittle with japans color to make it less greenish looking if i can for the next release.
    If the red alternative colour suites you more you could use that instead meanwhile.

Bolivias color is actually really a yellow-green mix, i planned to redo the south american countries anyway, because they are not "intense" enough, so that will be changed then.

Thank you for your feedback
    ----------- -----------

Quote Originally Posted by Simon B View Post
    I don't think so.
    Some country files have been changed, so you'll have to either overwrite them or manually put the colours in.

79 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valentin the II View Post
    I don't think so.
    Some country files have been changed, so you'll have to either overwrite them or manually put the colours in.
    I wasnt aware those popmods change the country files too

Thats unfortunate then, and make it incompatible, i agree.

You could just join the files that are altered by the pop-mod (still dont know which you mean exactly), and the country files from this mod then manually.
    This could be easy or tendious (1 to 208 files), depending on how many country files the other mod has changed.

The only thing that this mod changes in any country file, is the "color" line thats right at the start of the country file.

If you tell me which specific mod you mean i could give specific advice on how to join them if you need help with that.

EDIT:

I think i found the mod you meant, it is the one with the pitty 4500+ replies...
    maybe i should read up on that

Reworked POP needs to stimulate demand <-- that one i guess (they should get a better name for that mod, or change the thread title...)

Well i took a look at the version 6.5, which seems to be the latest one.
    It includes 20 country files, thats easy to merge with my mod.

easiest way would be:

- put the country files from this mod in your countries folder
    - put the 20 country files from the popanddemand mod in your countries folder, overwriting mine (note which countries these are)
    - check post 2 in this thread where all the country colour codes are listed (they are in the readme too)
    - search for the 20 countries one by one in the list and copy the code from the list over the code thats in the country files right at the start from the popanddemand mod
    - thats it, dont worry the changed colour code cant interfere with the popanddemand mod

The only thing is you have to do that everytime you update the popanddemand mod. (or live with the 20 country colours that are different from this mod)
    Last edited by Alexspeed; 05-09-2010 at 19:22.
    ----------- -----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alexspeed View Post
    I wasnt aware those popmods change the country files too

Thats unfortunate then, and make it incompatible, i agree.

You could just join the files that are altered by the pop-mod (still dont know which you mean exactly), and the country files from this mod then manually.
    This could be easy or tendious (1 to 208 files), depending on how many country files the other mod has changed.

The only thing that this mod changes in any country file, is the "color" line thats right at the start of the country file.

If you tell me which specific mod you mean i could give specific advice on how to join them if you need help with that.
    No, but thanks.
    There are not that many files. I was just informing people.

79 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valentin the II View Post
    No, but thanks.
    There are not that many files. I was just informing people.
    Too late, allready edited in a guide
    ----------- -----------

79 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexspeed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptRobau View Post

I see... well the funny thing is Japan is pure yellow, it has absolutly no green in it.

Japan - color = { 240 240 0 }

The colours just dont come out ingame as you enter the rgb codes i guess.
    I might play around alittle with japans color to make it less greenish looking if i can for the next release.
    If the red alternative colour suites you more you could use that instead meanwhile.

Bolivias color is actually really a yellow-green mix, i planned to redo the south american countries anyway, because they are not "intense" enough, so that will be changed then.

Thank you for your feedback

ZechsMerquise73 made a comment on my userpage about why the colour of Japan seems to be greenish, i think its relevant enough to quote it here

Quote Originally Posted by ZechsMerquise73
    I'm not sure, but I think the reason why people were seeing green in Japan on your Sexii Colours Mod is because there are so many more green countries on the map than red ones. So maybe their eyes are communicating some green when looking at "pure yellow" Japan.
    I think he made a good guess with that and it might be true to some extent, but i think the real reason is that japan is surrounded by blue water, yellow and blue = green, so either the engine or the eyes of the users are mixing the yellow and the blue and somehow theres a green tint that is in reallity not there.

Also what i noticed (and others before me) is that the countries get darker where they are bordering water. So japan has darker borders and a brighter "core" if you look closely.

I am not sure if i could disable that effect, or even if i should, i might just tinker a little more with japans colour and try to lessen the effect =)
    Last edited by Alexspeed; 08-09-2010 at 00:22.
    ----------- -----------

79 games registered

Blog Entries

I am working at the moment on my map mods to make sure everything is compatible,
    till i am done, please dont use my map mods on Victoria 2 - Version 1.2!

Update: new version aviable!
    Last edited by Alexspeed; 06-10-2010 at 23:30.
    ----------- -----------

79 games registered

Blog Entries
    SexiiColours Intense Version 1.3 has been released:

Version 1.0 - 1.2 should only be used with Victoria 2 - Version 1.1.
    therefore i updated the mod to:

Version 1.3 which is intended to be used with Victoria 2 - Version 1.2.

There have been no changes to colours from mod version 1.2, there is no visual difference.
    I only took the new country files from the V2 version 1.2 and implemented the colour changes into it again,
    to make sure that eventual changes in the country files dont get overwritten by my files from the older version.

I also did a cleanup on changed files, therefore are now only 138 files included, and not 208 as with the previous versions, only the ones that have different colours from the base game version.

Enjoy

The Download:

click here: Sexiicolors Intense 1.3

changed country colours in 1.3:

Adapted the changes in the files to the new game version.

Abu Dhabi - color = { 138 193 231 }
    Afghanistan - color = { 119 130 145 }
    Anhalt - color = { 114 171 184 }
    Argentina - color = { 117 170 219 }
    Armenia - color = { 200 72 72 }
    Australia - color = { 60 147 246 }
    Austria-Hungary - color = { 251 251 221 }
    Austria - color = { 251 251 221 }
    Awadh - color = { 78 75 39 }
    Baden - color = { 164 165 0 }
    Bali - color = { 0 152 212 }
    Bavaria - color = { 0 152 212 }
    Belgium - color = { 114 75 73 }
    Bhopal - color = { 135 100 62 }
    Bhutan - color = { 88 137 172 }
    Bikaner - color = { 173 174 57 }
    Bolivia - color = { 216 214 53 }
    Braunschweig - color = { 0 144 130 }
    Bremen - color = { 113 178 56 }
    Brunei - color = { 26 73 251 }
    Burma - color = { 113 178 56 }
    Californian Republic - color = { 194 140 86 }
    Cambodia - color = { 14 72 6 }
    Canada - color = { 210 0 0 }
    Cherokee - color = { 235 208 106 }
    Chile - color = { 166 94 16 }
    China - color = { 229 196 68 }
    Columbia - color = { 55 196 121 }
    Crete - color = { 16 26 235 }
    Crimea - color = { 178 128 40 }
    Croatia - color = { 163 181 226 }
    CSA - color = { 175 175 177 }
    Cuba - color = { 161 139 40 }
    Dai Viet - color = { 235 80 50 }
    Danzig - color = { 129 44 84 }
    Denmark - color = { 167 16 52 }
    Egypt - color = { 243 214 76 }
    Estonia - color = { 63 152 189 }
    Flanders - color = { 248 228 11 }
    France - color = { 136 103 233 } #color = { 30 120 210 }
    Frankfurt am Main - color = { 251 214 204 }
    Georgia - color = { 114 171 184 }
    Germany - color = { 121 146 159 }
    Greece - color = { 97 209 251 }
    Guangxi Clique - color = { 36 119 131 }
    Guatemala - color = { 171 75 143 }
    Gwailor - color = { 255 191 191 }
    Hamburg - color = { 16 26 235 }
    Hanover - color = { 216 229 128 }
    Hesse-Darmstadt - color = { 218 148 244 }
    Hesse-Kassel - color = { 243 64 98 }
    Hungary - color = { 139 172 103 }
    Hyderabad - color = { 0 144 130 }
    India - color = { 189 159 226 }
    Iraq - color = { 19 141 34 }
    Ireland - color = { 112 221 16 }
    Italy - color = { 35 162 37 }
    Japan - color = { 240 240 0 } #color = { 220 20 60 }
    Jodhpur - color = { 48 164 51 }
    Khiva - color = { 133 94 25 }
    Kokand - color = { 21 118 209 }
    Korea - color = { 170 86 124 }
    Latvia - color = { 119 32 32 }
    Lippe-Detmold - color = { 116 227 223 }
    Lithuania - color = { 196 104 155 }
    Lombardia - color = { 182 229 181 }
    Luang Prabang - color = { 80 30 20 }
    Lubeck - color = { 230 100 42 }
    Lucca - color = { 37 114 43 }
    Makran - color = { 74 166 134 }
    Manchukuo - color = { 138 193 231 }
    Mecklenburg - color = { 87 152 197 }
    Mewar - color = { 0 0 204 }
    Mexico - color = { 170 190 60 }
    Modena - color = { 30 86 215 }
    Mongolia - color = { 166 94 16 }
    Nagpur - color = { 233 209 48 }
    Nassau - color = { 233 152 68 }
    Natalia - color = { 80 30 20 }
    Netherlands - color = { 255 127 0 }
    New Zealand - color = { 136 157 23 }
    North German Fed - color = { 63 103 126 }
    Norway - color = { 74 166 134 }
    Oldenburg - color = { 133 94 25 }
    Oman - color = { 210 44 71 }
    Oranje - color = { 210 106 47 }
    Ottoman Empire - color = { 142 218 132 } #color = { 200 25 25 }
    Panama - color = { 179 27 27 }
    Panjab - color = { 252 160 0 }
    Papal States - color = { 247 245 100 }
    Paraguay - color = { 80 30 20 }
    Parma - color = { 112 221 16 }
    Persia - color = { 230 179 128 }
    Peru - color = { 181 72 106 }
    Poland - color = { 205 95 85 }
    Prussia - color = { 42 42 88 }
    Quebec - color = { 30 25 232 }
    Russia - color = { 54 98 71 }
    Ruthenia - color = { 54 167 156 }
    Sardinia-Piedmont - color = { 219 119 163 }
    Saxe-Coburg-Gotha - color = { 14 72 6 }
    Saxe-Meiningen - color = { 142 232 98 }
    Saxe-Weimar - color = { 228 235 23 }
    Saxony - color = { 32 192 92 }
    Shanxi - color = { 224 90 115 }
    Shimla - color = { 220 150 158 }
    Siam - color = { 41 89 174 }
    Siebenburgen - color = { 204 146 88 }
    Sikkim - color = { 30 86 215 }
    Sind - color = { 80 30 20 }
    Slovakia - color = { 200 72 72 }
    Slovenia - color = { 170 86 124 }
    Sokoto - color = { 129 44 84 }
    South Africa - color = { 252 160 0 }
    South German Fed - color = { 181 193 194 }
    Spain - color = { 255 196 0 }
    Sweden - color = { 25 88 217 }
    Switzerland - color = { 210 0 0 }
    Texas - color = { 235 80 50 }
    Tibet - color = { 205 212 228 }
    Transvaal - color = { 196 246 114 }
    Travancore - color = { 92 148 152 }
    Trieste - color = { 255 225 24 }
    Tuscany - color = { 132 212 205 }
    Two Sicilies - color = { 36 119 131 }
    Ukraine - color = { 246 236 62 }
    United Kingdom - color = { 255 66 98 }
    Uruguay - color = { 26 73 251 }
    USA - color = { 0 130 255 }
    Venice - color = { 55 196 121 }
    Wallachia - color = { 89 141 140 }
    Wallonia - color = { 52 117 137 }
    Wiang Chhan - color = { 199 160 139 }
    Wurttemberg - color = { 100 0 0 }
    Xibei San Ma - color = { 255 205 155 }
    Xinjiang - color = { 135 104 85 }
    Yemen - color = { 117 161 67 }
    Yunnan - color = { 144 80 155 }
    Last edited by Alexspeed; 06-10-2010 at 23:43.
    ----------- -----------

79 games registered

Blog Entries
    Please note that this mod is currently untested with the Victoria 2 Expansion - A House Divided.

As Paradox changed alot on the UI and some of the map modes, its likely that it wont work as its intended to if you use it with the Expansion.
    So if you choose to try it out, do it on your own risk and be prepared to reinstall the game/uninstall the mod in case it dosent work.
    If you do try it out, please report back if you had any issues.

I plan to get back on the mod eventually to make it work with the expansion if its needed, but i have no timefrane yet for this in mind.
    Thank you in any case for your interrest and support =)
    ----------- -----------

79 games registered

Blog Entries
    Update 20-05-2013:

I changed and updated the download link in the first post to my personal Dropbox storage,
    this should gurantee the aviability of the Download for the forseeable future (hopefully).

There have been no changes to the content of the mod.
    ----------- -----------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2