• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
VERY interesting approach to this AAR: More of a snapshot at how your game ended rather than the road to get there.

I'll be interested in seeing how this develops and any clues as to what happened during the game. I'm curious how the Brits blitzed China and Germany apparently wiped out Austria.

I really like your stile, very creative! So all I can say is, please keep them updates coming, and congratulations with a job well done so far, my good sir :)

Hey Deaghaidh, this AAR as been chosen as this week's showcase! Go over and show yourself. :D

The showcase works it's magic and here I am. Now this looks an interesting one in a very different style. Given the outcome the history should have some exciting twists. :)

VERY interesting approach to this AAR: More of a snapshot at how your game ended rather than the road to get there.

I'll be interested in seeing how this develops and any clues as to what happened during the game. I'm curious how the Brits blitzed China and Germany apparently wiped out Austria.

Unfortunately I wasn't really paying attention to events in Europe and Asia.

Quite interesting AAR!

By the way, Ethiopia existed even before 1270. In 1270 (or so) Yikuno Amlak of the Solomonic Dynasty took power and reclaimed the title of Negusa Nagast (used by the kings of Aksum). Before Solomonic Dynasty, Ethiopia still existed (ruled by the Zagwe dynasty). In fact, even though Kingdom of Axum declined, it was never utterly destroyed and morphed into Ethiopia. So Ethiopia can claim unbroken sovereignty dating back to the Roman times, as kingdom of Axum.

Quite interesting AAR!

By the way, Ethiopia existed even before 1270. In 1270 (or so) Yikuno Amlak of the Solomonic Dynasty took power and reclaimed the title of Negusa Nagast (used by the kings of Aksum). Before Solomonic Dynasty, Ethiopia still existed (ruled by the Zagwe dynasty). In fact, even though Kingdom of Axum declined, it was never utterly destroyed and morphed into Ethiopia. So Ethiopia can claim unbroken sovereignty dating back to the Roman times, as kingdom of Axum.

I was thinking in the terms of the solomonaic dysasty, and there wase a period in te 900's when there was no centralized state if i am not mistaken

Edit: And More Updates Please, Le us see Gonder

This AAR is great. Please continue. It is a very interesting idea to show us how things are at the end of the game and then to look at areas across your Empire and tell us their significance.

Update? Maybe Gonder, Would love to see a Gilded Capital

Asmara: Gateway to the Highlands
246_0011.jpg

Boarding a train in Massawa, a visitor can enjoy some spectacular scenery as the railroad climbs from the lowlands of the Red Sea coast to the edge of the Eritrean Higlands and the famed Great Rift Valley.

Being situated between the Empire's ancient heartland and the Red Sea ports, Asmara is one of the Empire's major industrial and transportation hubs.

AsmaraStazione.jpg

Passage can be booked from Asmara in all directions

With a more temperate climate, Asmara is much larger than Massawa, and in its streets can be found practically every culture and creed in the Empire.

V2_7.jpg

While charming in its own right, Asmara is more of an industrial center than an attraction for travelers. Most tourists stay only briefly before moving on to the ancient heart of the Empire.

Nice. For such a populous Empire you industrial score seems rather low. Is there no industry outside of the Ethiopia proper? Is Ethiopia proper only lightly industrialised?