+ Reply to Thread

Thread: slave state

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

slave state

I as the USA conquered Texas, new mexico and chihuahua from mexico. I had an event where Texas entered as a slave state. How can i make the other 2 also a slave state? With an event or do i have to edit the save file?

if i have to edit the save file please tell me what i have to edit and how i can find it.

i am now in 1840, so most of the times i have only 8 years to the acw but i want a big war. that is why i want those as slave state.
    "Don't start a fight when there is nothing to win."
    - Erwin Rommel, The "Desertfox"

English Francophile Fire_Unionist's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchemperor View Post
    I as the USA conquered Texas, new mexico and chihuahua from mexico. I had an event where Texas entered as a slave state. How can i make the other 2 also a slave state? With an event or do i have to edit the save file?

if i have to edit the save file please tell me what i have to edit and how i can find it.

i am now in 1840, so most of the times i have only 8 years to the acw but i want a big war. that is why i want those as slave state.
    They have to be states first. Encourage bureaucrats, but ONLY if the ones already there are not an unaccespted culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire_Unionist View Post
    They have to be states first. Encourage bureaucrats, but ONLY if the ones already there are not an unaccespted culture.
    i got the states from mexico so they are already a normal state. there is no colonial house. and also not a slave, but i want a slave there, so that is a slave ste. how can i change that?

54 games registered

CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    I think you get to make one a slave state per peace treaty, but if you get more than one state you can only make one of them a slave state. The same coding problem occurs in EU3 with HRE provinces.

So the answer is, as they are already full states, you can't.
    Non Angelus Sed Anglus

The Barcelona-based Sport: 'Football punishes Barca - Unjust, cruel, horrible, unmerited. Any adjective is not enough to define the incredible elimination of Barca at the hands of Chelsea.'

I believe they would also be slave states without slaves because slave pops do not migrate, as far as I know.
    "Sometimes the typos are better than the original post."
    King

Quote Originally Posted by Blastaz View Post
    I think you get to make one a slave state per peace treaty, but if you get more than one state you can only make one of them a slave state. The same coding problem occurs in EU3 with HRE provinces.

So the answer is, as they are already full states, you can't.
    can i edit it in the save file? i think so but i dont know where. the states are in the save file but i dont know wich number the states have, so that i can search them.

to win the war against mexico: i occupied the whole country and added the wargoals i wanted.
    Last edited by Dutchemperor; 29-08-2010 at 00:04.

bump, anyone about editing states in the save file?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchemperor View Post
    bump, anyone about editing states in the save file?
    Did you try looking for slave_state: yes or anything like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratege View Post
    I believe they would also be slave states without slaves because slave pops do not migrate, as far as I know.
    They do. I've seen Vietnamese slaves in Tunisia.

500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanxia View Post
    Not entirely ahistorical either.

Did you try looking for slave_state: yes or anything like this?
    Yes, but it says that it cant find it. so it is not there. and if it was even there how do i know if i am at the stae i want to edit?

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanxia View Post
    well, something different.

Not entirely ahistorical either.
    I was trying to be a good little historical Napoleon III

That said, there were only 15 or so of them. We're not talking en masse migrations, like the Europeans do to their colonies.

Historically Mexico abolished Slavery in 1829, so i guess these states are already flagged as free state.

Archduke of the Bluenosers TankRush's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper Fi
    Victoria 2500k club

Slavery was one of the reasons for Texas' seccession from Mexico. Not the only one of course, but it was one of them.

NRA Lifetime Member Supermoderator Stonewall's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsRise of PrussiaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

In the save file under your country there are entries that denote your states and what is in them. There is a place where you can change the tag on a state to make it a slave state. Search for "human=yes" to find your country entry and then a 2nd search for "is_slave=yes" and you'll be directed to one of your states that is tagged a slave state. Simply cut and paste the is_clave=yes line into the appropriate place to make non-slave states, slave states.
    People should not be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people.

+ Reply to Thread