• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm wondering when Fidel's gonna try something, also, did we take out Arbez or Mossadeq TTL?

We didn't take out Mossadeq that's for sure. But it's implied the UK did.

I'd love to see Thatcher deal with all these hostages hold up in Tehran UK Embassy a few decades later....perhaps the Canadian Caper gains more publicity and is revealed faster after the rescue with Canada and the UK being great allies.

H.Appleby: We'll check in with Fidel soon. The United States didn't overthrow Arbenz in Guatemala (sidelining Che Guevara to an medical career in the process) and Iran is part of Britain's sphere of influence.

Mr. Santiago: Cuba at the moment still is on friendly terms with the US, meaning we won't need to invade the Bay of Pigs quite yet.

Xie: Iran in the scenario I am playing is listed as being a British puppet.

I remember once we discussed what Thatcher would have done if the Iranian hostage crisis had happened to her instead of Carter.

If you do invade the Bay of Pigs, send more than just 150 expatriates. Unless you want the Cubans to be solidly GOP like OTL, of course.

SovietAmerika: I'm afraid I don't get it.

Last time I checked, we only sent 150 former Cubans to the Bay of Pigs. Cuban Americans were rather displeased.

I just realized this, and it's not really relevant to the smaller operators like Cuba and Iran that have been recent topics, but it's still quite likely there will be a USS John F. Kennedy since he's still SecNav... unless there's a naval scandal that requires him to fall on his sword, he's at least as likely to be well-regarded in the Navy as Lyndon Johnson, and OTL LBJ is getting a ship!

The Bay of Pigs had all sorts of problems, not least of which was that the entire invasion force could indeed have been put into one medium-sized yacht. Indecision, waffling, and an inability to gauge the correct level of support were pretty much the hallmarks of the invasion.

Just get somebody to clip Castro, the Mob'd probably do it for ya'.

Get Theodore Roosevelt III to do it. He's not busy in Iran like OTL.

SovietAmerika: Okay. So what did the second sentence mean?

c0d5579: I know Scoop Jackson historically has a nuclear submarine named after him (TTL he'll have an aircraft carrier named after him). Stevenson of course will get an aircraft carrier and I suspect Sparkman will get one too. As for JFK, I think he could get a destroyer or something named after him. It won't make up for all the real life places that won't be named after him but at least it's something. I'm thinking about renaming JFK International Airport in NYC after good old Tom Dewey. TED sounds like a good identification tag after all. As for LBJ, I think he would be happy knowing at least he has something named after him and not that Bobby Kennedy.

H.Appleby: Which leads me to wonder what Scoop would have done about the Mob if anything.

J.J.Jameson: Hmm...I don't see anything in Theodore Roosevelt III's wikipedia page about Iran.

H.Appleby: ...Who dies in 1943 so he obviously can't do anything.

Right now I'm working on the next update, part of which deals with what c0d5579 mentioned earlier about the Senate confirming Rickover for CNO. It turns out confirming Reagan for Labor is much easier than trying to confirm Rickover. Obviously he is going to get confirmed but getting there...

You're right Nathan! It was Kermit Roosevelt, Junior. I'm excited about the update!

My mistake, but he was a relative of TR so...

H.Appleby: Yeah, he's definitely won't be doing that.

J.J.Jameson: Maybe we should just bring TR back from the dead and let him deal with America's enemies. If you thought a living Teddy Roosevelt was dangerous, just wait until you encounter Teddy Roosevelt the Zombie!!!

By the way, I had a dream last night that I was on YouTube and there was footage of Vice President Johnson making the case for President Jackson's re-election bid against Barry Goldwater at the 1964 Democratic National Convention. I remember Johnson spoke aggressively and kept mentioning Goldwater's name every five seconds.

A Jackson/Goldwater debate would be fun, seeing as they were both "slightly" hawkish.

I would be interested to see, if the opportunity presents itself, say... Finland, if Scoop would pursue rollback instead of just containment.

If the War on Terror still happens, can you butterfly away the NDAA? Everyone hates that law for a reason.

Have one week's worth of food in your house = terrorist.

But... the government requires you to have two week's worth of food in your home.

Big government gets confusing. ><

J.J.Jameson: The Senator from Boeing versus Mr. Let's Use Nukes in Vietnam.

H.Appleby: Now that I think about it, Finland always goes Communist in my HOI games if Germany loses. Perhaps Paradox is out to get Finland or something.

Xie: The what?

SovietAmerika: That's why they call it "Big Government": Big = Bulky

I'm sure they are, you know those Swedes.