• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Temrek

I haz custom title!
16 Badges
Oct 21, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • 500k Club
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
I realize the odds of this is low, but I definatly would like to see all of Euroasia included in CK2 and notn just Europe and North Africa as in the original.

Why? There'd just be more pagan tribes in those areas anyway which will inevitably be swallowed up by the Mongol hordes. The exception probably being the Indian and Chinese areas, but their government system would have to be modelled differently I suppose.

I would be strongly against this.

I would think the entirety of Eurasia would be well beyond the scope of Crusader Kings.

I'm strongly against this also. I think the coverage of the map in the original is fine.

I wouldn't mind a slight expansion of the map (ethiopia & iceland being the obivious), but other than that, it's really out of the focus of the "crusades"...

I wouldn't mind a slight expansion of the map (ethiopia & iceland being the obivious), but other than that, it's really out of the focus of the "crusades"...

Iceland is already on the orginal map :)

And if you go more south towards Ethiopia you at the same time go more to the south in north-western Africa, so a lot of wasted space (sahara and so on) there.

Maybe a bit more into Africa and the Middle East. But more into Russia? Nah ;)

While I agree with OP it would be a nice idea, this has been discussed in the top 3 things you want-thread, and also there the response was mostly negative. Though I doubt it would happen even if a majority would support it.

I'm going to help push for playable courtiers, because I find the odds of implementation higher than for the expanded map. :)

Stick to Europe please.

Besides, having a more detailed european map with more provinces wouldn't hurt :p

Iceland is already on the orginal map :)

And if you go more south towards Ethiopia you at the same time go more to the south in north-western Africa, so a lot of wasted space (sahara and so on) there.

Oh you misunderstood my point :p

My point was simply to expand the map a little, so it wasn't such a pain scrolling over it. (In Deus Vult i couldn't click on either of the 2 places as they were at the edges, expanding the map a little would help with that :))

Oh you misunderstood my point :p

My point was simply to expand the map a little, so it wasn't such a pain scrolling over it. (In Deus Vult i couldn't click on either of the 2 places as they were at the edges, expanding the map a little would help with that :))

Ah yes ! Though I sure hope they will 'fix' the Iceland issue in CK2.

Im for expanding the map in longer term, there is also great stuff outside europe
Why not adding China and India? playing as Ming or replay the glorious campaigns of Dzhingis Khan and Timur Lenk... think of the awesomeness of forming the Mogul empire... :)

I agree with Veldmaarschalk, I had to zoom all the way in just to see the tiny island of Iceland.

Granted, Past that, the only thing I can really see being added on is probably pushing a bit further over to include Samarkand... but that's more a late game thing and might stunt the (usually) impotent Mongol hordes that came from the steppes.

Maybe Ethiopia, but that's all I can really think about, generally what would be very interesting would be the modelling of trade routes such as the silk and spice trade routes.
Bring back the resources, I think. ;P

EDIT: The Ming were a rather new (and native) dynasty that came around in either the late 14th or early 15th century, but I'm no expert. Pretty sure a foreign dynasty was in place at the time.

I'd wish for a map that streched from the arabian sea to the khyber pass and then north through Kazhakstan and along the Urals to the Russian tundra.

No need to include the world east of that, except for the Mongols there was little contact.

Im for expanding the map in longer term, there is also great stuff outside europe
Why not adding China and India? playing as Ming or replay the glorious campaigns of Dzhingis Khan and Timur Lenk... think of the awesomeness of forming the Mogul empire... :)

I personally think that such a thing is better for a game on its own. Since if you add China and India you will then get (f.e.) the conquest of Wales by the Maharadja of Dehli in 1205.

The map could be improved only by including Ethiopia (a Christian country) and the entire Scandinavia in it. It was a bit dumb how Norway and Sweden were cut somewhere in the middle. The Kola peninsula should be seen at least. Iceland shouldn't be in the corner of the screen either.

Otherwise the map is perfect. :)

I personally think that such a thing is better for a game on its own. Since if you add China and India you will then get (f.e.) the conquest of Wales by the Maharadja of Dehli in 1205.

You just dismiss the idea by providing a ridiculous outcome given the setting. I don't find that a valid reason. I still think it would add more to the experience than the potential costs of ridiculous outcome which could be prevented by proper balancing.

But it's still not within the scope of "crusades". While i agree that the far east could be fun to play, it should be another game, as there wasn't that much interaction between the east and the west at that time (Mongol Invasion excluded)...