• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Some unit gfx look misplaced when attacking (forgot to take screenshot).

There certainly are some issues with them on the map (besides the issues in the battle screen), but I keep forgetting which ones I need to tweak. If you happen to remember one of the nations whose units were messed up, I'll take a look. :)

zm12fk.jpg

It seems to happen to all nations (or at least to those which have those "new" gfx). Also there's also a selection problem with these new gfx: even though you select quite "far" from the unit, it also gets selected. And btw why didn't you resize them to the size of the original FTG army gfx? (or viceversa)

(no ctd so far)

Also there's also a selection problem with these new gfx: even though you select quite "far" from the unit, it also gets selected.
Yes, the sprite files need to be re-aligned to fit the graphics. Looks like the goths are particularly bad.

And btw why didn't you resize them to the size of the original FTG army gfx? (or viceversa)

I need to, but I couldn't figure out a particularly quick way to re-size each frame, so I put it on the back burner.

Got the first ctd playing Wales. I think it happens right after I annex Wessex. (or after the Byzantin Empire declares war to the Sassanids)

621-10-05 : November 6, 621: Wales declared war upon Wessex.
621-10-15 : November 16, 621: Wales Regiment has arrived in Wessex.
621-10-15 : November 16, 621: We have engaged hostile armies in Wessex.
621-10-16 : November 17, 621: We won a battle against Wessex in Wessex.
621-11-17 : December 18, 621: Wessex accepted our generous peace offer.
621-11-27 : December 28, 621: Wessex Fleet has arrived in Wessex.
622-00-23 : January 24, 622: Wales Regiment has arrived in Bristol.
622-01-09 : February 9, 622: Connacht entered a Military Alliance with Ulster.
622-02-17 : March 18, 622: Meath entered a Military Alliance with Leinster.
622-02-26 : March 27, 622: Axum entered a Military Alliance with Byzantine Empire, Rheims and Visigoths.
622-03-02 : April 3, 622: Leinster became Vassals of Meath.
622-03-02 : April 3, 622: Leinster broke the Royal Marriage she had with Munster.
622-05-21 : June 22, 622: Byzantine Empire declared war upon Sassanid Empire.

And take a look at this one too:
ibb8zm.jpg

Last edited:
Any ideas what will the next version contain? I noticed that some provs can be colonized very easily... no natives, no fog, nothing. And why is the "dalmatic" culture so widely spread? Even to Dobrudja? Also it's very confusing that some nations don't have any flags. I guess the second scenario is just at it's start.

Realy looking forward to this.

Any ideas what will the next version contain?
Sure, here's the change log so far:
Code:
*Added 630 scenario for testing of later sequences (not fully functional)
*Added Bahranis to 511 scenario
*Added events for formation of Denmark, Geatland, Norway and Sweden
*Added line so that non-supported "enhanced" shields isn't an option in settings
*Added more leader and monarch entries
*Added monarch triggers to several events
*Added path for Huns to become Bolgars
*Added Sassanid Persia to list of playable nations in 511 scenario
*Added shieldsets for East and West Francia
*All states in 511 scenario start off with trade level 1
*Created country creation guide in root folder
*Fixed CAL_600_EarlyCaliphs.txt issue
*Fixed exits/exists issue in FRC_26001 "Death of Clovis"
*New lombard, frankish and anglosaxon cultures
*Re-worked known provinces for countries in Europe and Middle East in all scenarios
*Switched Rashidun army from MUS to ARA
*Tweaks for events surrounding the rise of the Caliphate

I noticed that some provs can be colonized very easily... no natives, no fog, nothing.
That should be modified in the next version. I took sometime to revamp everyone's known provinces. At some point, I'll also change of the religion entries to severely hamper colonization. (There are actually only a handful of states that I'd like to see colonize.)

And why is the "dalmatic" culture so widely spread? Even to Dobrudja?
Base culture setup is basically a direct port of what was contained in AGEOD's Great Invasions.

Also it's very confusing that some nations don't have any flags.
That's why it is an alpha. Largely a work in progress.

I guess the second scenario is just at it's start.

It's mostly Europe that needs finishing in that scenario. I need to determine where all the nomadic tribes were at that time.

What is dalmatic culture? . dalmatic is a religious robe. If you refer to the dalmatian culture which lasted until the 17th century then ok, but since the thread is about migrations, well I am currently reading The Illyrians a people who resisded in the area in discussion for about 2000 years.

using vanilla map, the illyrians would be in
Istria
Dalmatia
Ragusa
Albania
croatia
Bosnia
krain

mantua
Veneto
steirmark ........would be all Venetic

kosovo would be dardanian

serbia would be panonian or sometimes referred to a sister of thracian

bulgaria
thrace would be thracian

I'm certainly up to changing it. As I posted before, the cultural setup is mainly a direct port of what was available in Great Invasions.

Although I'm not sure about Venetic or Dardanian as the former seems to have been extinct as a language by the first century ad and the Dardani were conquered in the second century bc.

Last edited:
true on venetic and dardanian

the Illyric or Illyrian where still around till 700 - 1000 AD
The Dalmatii ( Dalmatians) where an Illyrian tribe

In romania and those areas

No. I only see the name of dacian tribes like the Carpians, dalmatic in Dobrudja, and in other parts I see the culture of the ones that ruled the lands, not the culture of the people living there (banat... bujak...). I don't wan't to start explaining that even the visigoths were probably a mix betwen dacians, sarmatians and the actual goths. It's just that there should be a difference between the tribe that ruled, and the ones that were there before, and after... even though more or less influenced.

PS: About "dardanian kosovo": This region was inhabited by Illyrians, Celts and Thracians..... Illyrian should be ok.

Last edited: