• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

saileaf

Captain
14 Badges
Feb 21, 2008
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Pride of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
Those poor African provinces have a life rating of 15 while my minimum life rating is 30. What tech do I need? I already had medicine which lowered the number from 35 to 30, but it is far from enough

Machine Guns, Nationalism & Imperialism, Medicine

There are provinces in africa with 3 life rating. Is it possible to even colonize those or can i assume that the ones editing the province files forgot to add an extra number to the 3, to make it 30 or 35?

Machine Guns, Nationalism & Imperialism, Medicine
So before I could get these fancy techs, anywhere I could colonize?

I saw from another thread where people complain about 1/3 of French population run to some African colonies. Man does this happen to everybody? No wonder AI hasn't colonized anything in Africa yet,

So before I could get these fancy techs, anywhere I could colonize?

I saw from another thread where people complain about 1/3 of French population run to some African colonies. Man does this happen to everybody? No wonder AI hasn't colonized anything in Africa yet,

I have seen very aggressive colonization by France and Portugal starting in the 1880s. I do think the colonial immigration is high, but 1/3 sounds sort of extreme. As Prussia, I conquered Portuguese Banjul and it promptly grew to have 570k people. :confused:

I have seen very aggressive colonization by France and Portugal starting in the 1880s. I do think the colonial immigration is high, but 1/3 sounds sort of extreme. As Prussia, I conquered Portuguese Banjul and it promptly grew to have 570k people. :confused:
But any place to colonize with minimum life rating of 30?

There are provinces in africa with 3 life rating. Is it possible to even colonize those or can i assume that the ones editing the province files forgot to add an extra number to the 3, to make it 30 or 35?

This is a bug, you just need to add an extra blank empty line after them in the province files.

But any place to colonize with minimum life rating of 30?

There are a few provinces near Portuguese Moçambique and some tiny islands in Moçambique channel. There is also those provinces near the US like the previous poster said.

And a few provinces near Khiva and Russia, but these are landlocked and only Russia really is able to colonize them in that area.

Also, as Two Sicilies, i had a big portion of my population imigrating to Jerusalem and Acre (which i had conquered from Egypt). Sicily was hit hard by a lot of bad events giving my a lot of revolt risk, while my colonies were a safe haven. I actually had to transport troops from my colonies into Italy because my troops in Italy were a bunch of rebels that kept revolting all the time while my colonial troops were all the time with 0 militancy.

With the Ottoman Empire i share a similar problem. My colonial province of Kaf met a huge population boom (due to imigration) and when i encouraged the growth of soldiers in that area, i was having more than 5000 people becoming soldier each round. Its 1900 now and that province alone has half a milion of soldiers... More than 80 of my regiments came from Kaf. :p