+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What tech lower the minimum life rating to colonize?

What tech lower the minimum life rating to colonize?

Those poor African provinces have a life rating of 15 while my minimum life rating is 30. What tech do I need? I already had medicine which lowered the number from 35 to 30, but it is far from enough

For the MotherlandVictoria II: Heart of DarknessHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Try the medicine column in Army techs (rightmost)
    When I use this color, I have my moderator hat on. Forum User Agreement and Rules

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2500k club

Empiricism (...something...) machine and an invention from medicine

68 games registered

200k clubDiplomacyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Galactic AssaultHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpire
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IILead and GoldThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    oddly enough i think machine guns helps

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Machine Guns, Nationalism & Imperialism, Medicine
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Lead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVWar of the Vikings

There are provinces in africa with 3 life rating. Is it possible to even colonize those or can i assume that the ones editing the province files forgot to add an extra number to the 3, to make it 30 or 35?
    "If a man does not strike first, he will be the first struck" - Athenogoras of Syracuse
    "Force is the most effective and efficient means to do something and the virtuous prince will employ its leverage." - Machiavelli
    "Men should either be treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injures - for heavy ones they cannot" - Machiavelli
    "It is best to be both feared and loved, however, if one cannot be both it is better to be feared than loved." - Machiavelli
    "A prince must be a lion, but he must also know how to play the fox." - Machiavelli
    "I'm the lord of lords, not the server of servants." - João II of Portugal

For the MotherlandVictoria II: Heart of DarknessHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Life ratings of 3 are bugs so I think you can safely assume they mean 30 or higher.
    When I use this color, I have my moderator hat on. Forum User Agreement and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by safferli View Post
    Machine Guns, Nationalism & Imperialism, Medicine
    So before I could get these fancy techs, anywhere I could colonize?

I saw from another thread where people complain about 1/3 of French population run to some African colonies. Man does this happen to everybody? No wonder AI hasn't colonized anything in Africa yet,

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Semper FiVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by saileaf View Post
    So before I could get these fancy techs, anywhere I could colonize?

I saw from another thread where people complain about 1/3 of French population run to some African colonies. Man does this happen to everybody? No wonder AI hasn't colonized anything in Africa yet,
    I have seen very aggressive colonization by France and Portugal starting in the 1880s. I do think the colonial immigration is high, but 1/3 sounds sort of extreme. As Prussia, I conquered Portuguese Banjul and it promptly grew to have 570k people.

Quote Originally Posted by cdg0219 View Post
    I have seen very aggressive colonization by France and Portugal starting in the 1880s. I do think the colonial immigration is high, but 1/3 sounds sort of extreme. As Prussia, I conquered Portuguese Banjul and it promptly grew to have 570k people.
    But any place to colonize with minimum life rating of 30?

Well.. the west coast of the USA

And you aren't able to colonize Africa until 1870, when the last tech unlocks (Machine gun)

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Warlock 2: The Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by BurningEGO View Post
    There are provinces in africa with 3 life rating. Is it possible to even colonize those or can i assume that the ones editing the province files forgot to add an extra number to the 3, to make it 30 or 35?
    This is a bug, you just need to add an extra blank empty line after them in the province files.

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Lead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVWar of the Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by saileaf View Post
    But any place to colonize with minimum life rating of 30?
    There are a few provinces near Portuguese Moçambique and some tiny islands in Moçambique channel. There is also those provinces near the US like the previous poster said.

And a few provinces near Khiva and Russia, but these are landlocked and only Russia really is able to colonize them in that area.

Also, as Two Sicilies, i had a big portion of my population imigrating to Jerusalem and Acre (which i had conquered from Egypt). Sicily was hit hard by a lot of bad events giving my a lot of revolt risk, while my colonies were a safe haven. I actually had to transport troops from my colonies into Italy because my troops in Italy were a bunch of rebels that kept revolting all the time while my colonial troops were all the time with 0 militancy.

With the Ottoman Empire i share a similar problem. My colonial province of Kaf met a huge population boom (due to imigration) and when i encouraged the growth of soldiers in that area, i was having more than 5000 people becoming soldier each round. Its 1900 now and that province alone has half a milion of soldiers... More than 80 of my regiments came from Kaf.
    "If a man does not strike first, he will be the first struck" - Athenogoras of Syracuse
    "Force is the most effective and efficient means to do something and the virtuous prince will employ its leverage." - Machiavelli
    "Men should either be treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injures - for heavy ones they cannot" - Machiavelli
    "It is best to be both feared and loved, however, if one cannot be both it is better to be feared than loved." - Machiavelli
    "A prince must be a lion, but he must also know how to play the fox." - Machiavelli
    "I'm the lord of lords, not the server of servants." - João II of Portugal

South Georgia as well, it is down by Antartica. I colonized it as Brazil and it quickly reached about 600k

+ Reply to Thread