• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Anreads

Second Lieutenant
58 Badges
Aug 21, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2
My country is a HM's Government and i read somewhere that consiousness is bad for your country for alot of reasons except if you are a democray?
main reason that i wanna lower it, is because it seems to make my people move and i already have a very low population :wacko:
Also i would like your advise how to enact social reforms as fast as possible, i can only do it at about 1880-90. i mainly want health care reforms and minimum wagers.

Thx in advance :rolleyes:!

Consciousness is actually good in the sense that it increases plurality and plurality is the most important factor in research point accumulation. Consciousness also moves people to vote other parties than conservatives, which then again is pre-requisite for being able to reform. When you have reforms in place the people tend to stay and even migrate to your country.

In general population early game is easiest to increase by researching medicine. It has truly awesome set of inventions.

In my current (/1st) game as Japan I used national focus as soon as I recalled there is such a feature in the game, to back the people to become priests, until I got around 2% priests in every state (Japan starts with 8-10 states I think). Until 1871 when the overall people's draw towards liberalism starts slowing down, this was enough to battle consciousness.

Still, while the percentage of liberals among the people remained low, the percentage of upper house memebers who wished political reforms allowing landed voting was increasing. The aristocratic buggers wanting a share of the government's power. Since I was already getting jacobin revolts every other year, I conceded to the reform as soon as the liberals had the majority in the upper house. It is rather annoying and confusing to have to wait for the upper house to be supporting reforms when you are an absolute monarchy.

To answer your question -- encourage pops promoting to priests and increase spending on literacy. The clergy handles education of the masses as well as decreasing their consciousness in Victoria II (a little paradox), so increasing spending there, should increase pops' desire to become priests.

Last edited:
do get social reforms demanded, switch ruling party as hm goverment several times on the same day. This makes pops militant , but after annecting a reform it will lower the militancy to about the same lvl as before. So i got about 1865 many social reforms passed with my conservative ruling party :) . Conservatives will allow it, when mil hits the 6.

I know its abuse , but may switching ruling party should have a one month pause until to do it again.

Though you actually WANT consciousness to rise. What you do not want is militancy.

do get social reforms demanded, switch ruling party as hm goverment several times on the same day. This makes pops militant , but after annecting a reform it will lower the militancy to about the same lvl as before. So i got about 1865 many social reforms passed with my conservative ruling party :) . Conservatives will allow it, when mil hits the 6.

I know its abuse , but may switching ruling party should have a one month pause until to do it again.

You can only switch parties once per year...

Yep, what two years and a number of patches can do...

Though you actually WANT consciousness to rise. What you do not want is militancy.

It depend on your geographical location. In Europe for example, consciousness increase emigration witch is quite bad. Militancy is not a real problem if your peoples are getting their needs since it will disappear fast. Consciousness on the other hand tend to be quite hard to loose. In general I prefer to keep consciousness as low as possible when I play an European nation in order to stop the emigration flow as much as possible.