+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do i lover consciousness and keep it down

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

How do i lover consciousness and keep it down

My country is a HM's Government and i read somewhere that consiousness is bad for your country for alot of reasons except if you are a democray?
    main reason that i wanna lower it, is because it seems to make my people move and i already have a very low population
    Also i would like your advise how to enact social reforms as fast as possible, i can only do it at about 1880-90. i mainly want health care reforms and minimum wagers.

Thx in advance !

Minister of Peace for Europe Moderator Grosshaus's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Consciousness is actually good in the sense that it increases plurality and plurality is the most important factor in research point accumulation. Consciousness also moves people to vote other parties than conservatives, which then again is pre-requisite for being able to reform. When you have reforms in place the people tend to stay and even migrate to your country.

In general population early game is easiest to increase by researching medicine. It has truly awesome set of inventions.
    Pity comes for free, but jealousy must be earned - Lauri Tähkä

Hearts of Iron II beta AAR Guardian of Democracy

Personally I'd say don't worry about consciousness at all.
    It's not that there aren't enough hours in the day. Just that I'm not awake for enough of the ones already available. - Karen Ellis

You may also know/hate me as Semaphore >.> <.<

In my current (/1st) game as Japan I used national focus as soon as I recalled there is such a feature in the game, to back the people to become priests, until I got around 2% priests in every state (Japan starts with 8-10 states I think). Until 1871 when the overall people's draw towards liberalism starts slowing down, this was enough to battle consciousness.

Still, while the percentage of liberals among the people remained low, the percentage of upper house memebers who wished political reforms allowing landed voting was increasing. The aristocratic buggers wanting a share of the government's power. Since I was already getting jacobin revolts every other year, I conceded to the reform as soon as the liberals had the majority in the upper house. It is rather annoying and confusing to have to wait for the upper house to be supporting reforms when you are an absolute monarchy.

To answer your question -- encourage pops promoting to priests and increase spending on literacy. The clergy handles education of the masses as well as decreasing their consciousness in Victoria II (a little paradox), so increasing spending there, should increase pops' desire to become priests.
    Last edited by g_antonov; 20-08-2010 at 13:50.
    "Machine Guns are a particularly noteworthy technology because it aids in colonization." -- Vicky2Wiki

do get social reforms demanded, switch ruling party as hm goverment several times on the same day. This makes pops militant , but after annecting a reform it will lower the militancy to about the same lvl as before. So i got about 1865 many social reforms passed with my conservative ruling party . Conservatives will allow it, when mil hits the 6.

I know its abuse , but may switching ruling party should have a one month pause until to do it again.

It is said that more clergymen you have, then less of consciousness you get...
    All written in manual :: http://wizzywizzyweb.gmgcdn.com/medi...-ii_manual.pdf

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Münster, the Holy City of Zion, Capital of the World
    Though you actually WANT consciousness to rise. What you do not want is militancy.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by AlknicTeos View Post
    do get social reforms demanded, switch ruling party as hm goverment several times on the same day. This makes pops militant , but after annecting a reform it will lower the militancy to about the same lvl as before. So i got about 1865 many social reforms passed with my conservative ruling party . Conservatives will allow it, when mil hits the 6.

I know its abuse , but may switching ruling party should have a one month pause until to do it again.
    You can only switch parties once per year...

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Münster, the Holy City of Zion, Capital of the World
    Yep, what two years and a number of patches can do...

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Klausewitz View Post
    Though you actually WANT consciousness to rise. What you do not want is militancy.
    It depend on your geographical location. In Europe for example, consciousness increase emigration witch is quite bad. Militancy is not a real problem if your peoples are getting their needs since it will disappear fast. Consciousness on the other hand tend to be quite hard to loose. In general I prefer to keep consciousness as low as possible when I play an European nation in order to stop the emigration flow as much as possible.
    Nationality: Canadian
    Religion: Atheism
    Ideology: anarcho syndicalism
    Issues: Internet censorship
    Current occupation: Philosophy student
    Cash Reserves: Very low
    Revolt Risk: +1
    Militancy: 3 (+0.1)
    Consciousness: 10

+ Reply to Thread