• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

George @ BattleGoat

BattleGoat Studios
4 Badges
May 20, 2005
www.battlegoat.com
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • 500k Club
BattleGoat Studios and Paradox Interactive are pleased to announce the next title in the Supreme Ruler series...

Supreme Ruler Cold War

The world needs a leader. At last, your time has come...

Building on Supreme Ruler 2010 and 2020, BattleGoat Studios invites you to relive the tension and uncertainty of the Cold War. As the 1950’s approach, the Korean War looms, the Arms Race intensifies, the Berlin Crisis leads to the formation of NATO, and the world anticipates a new World War.

As leader of the United States or the Soviet Union, you must make the correct Economic, Diplomatic, Domestic and Military decisions to successfully navigate your country through this dangerous historical era and increase your nation’s Sphere of Influence on the world stage.

Features:
- Play as the United States or Soviet Union in Campaign Mode
- Control any Nation in Post-World War II Era in Sandbox Mode
- Use Diplomacy, Trade and Espionage to influence the policies of other nations
- Research new Technologies to give your nation an edge
- Grow and Modernize your Economy
- Control Military production and deployment, or let your Ministers take care of the details
- And when Diplomacy Fails… Sophisticated Real-Time Strategic and Tactical Control of your Military Forces!
- Enhanced Graphics and Sound including New 3D Terrain
- Experience the redesigned GUI with improved On-Map feedback and streamlined controls
- Up to 16 players in Multiplayer over local network or Internet

Scheduled for release Q2 2011 - prepare to take your place on the front lines of the Cold War !

Very exciting news. I don't think Supreme Ruler 2020 got enough attention and credit for being a really good game, hopefully that will change with the Cold War. Everyone loves the Cold War. :D

2020 was great, but the thing that worries me with this, is that everything might be "pre-determined" despite a war never happening, I get the feeling that one side will have an advantage no matter what :(
same thing with 2020 allies beat soviet still.... but Tesla troopers? :D

...is that everything might be "pre-determined" despite a war never happening...
With the title still "in development" we have ideas but few things are set in stone at this time. If you'd like to post some ideas on how timeline progression could be dealt with you could start a thread on the topic in our development forum (www.bgforums.com).

We may not use all the ideas but we tend to consider most things that are presented to us. Within reason of course.

im not registered there sorry, but I think you should allow tech to go either way, obviously at the beginning the Soviets would be backwards but en masse if you following historically and the opposite with the allies. But I think it would be cool if technology lacking Russia became a advanced democracy or even a monarchy because of outside influence, rebel support etc. Cold War never happened, so that lets you play around more, look at past things done in wars outside the ordinary as a general or advisor might have seen this and suggested it.

I'm excited at this news. Especially because the game will get an improvement overall, looking at the feature list. I hope that this could slowly move into an overall better game and fill the spot of the cold war/modern game that Paradox will probably not make itself. :)

Is this game likely to have much of a faster performance than 2020?
hard question to answer, how much is "much"?

Will it be faster? Yes. Will there be a demo so players can see by how much? Yes. At this stage of development game speed is a little hard to comment on.

I was on verge of buying SR 2020 not so long, ago but now expansion will be relased gonna buy it, awesome news.
To be clear this is NOT an expansion pack for SR2020, this is a totally new stand alone game.

And really you should have the whole collection ;)

hard question to answer, how much is "much"?

Will it be faster? Yes. Will there be a demo so players can see by how much? Yes. At this stage of development game speed is a little hard to comment on.

Well, I will definitely be giving that demo a go at the very least. Please make it a little simpler than 2020!

Very nice! I've been waiting for something along the lines of this for a while and this is great. Any sort of time line in the sandbox mode yet or did I miss it? :).

Please dont :p
Complexity should be a hallmark of this series.

Gonna correct you there. FLEXIBILITY should be the hallmark. Anything that can be done to keep depth while reducing player workload should be priority #1. And at the top of the list should be the ability to form divisions.

Not sure what you mean by flexibility....IF you mean more than one way to get something accomplished in the game,that should also be a hallmark of the series.

I wont mention how the more flexible it is (using that definition),the more complex it is also_Oops.