+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Supreme Ruler Cold War !

Announcement: Supreme Ruler Cold War !

BattleGoat Studios and Paradox Interactive are pleased to announce the next title in the Supreme Ruler series...

Supreme Ruler Cold War

The world needs a leader. At last, your time has come...

Building on Supreme Ruler 2010 and 2020, BattleGoat Studios invites you to relive the tension and uncertainty of the Cold War. As the 1950’s approach, the Korean War looms, the Arms Race intensifies, the Berlin Crisis leads to the formation of NATO, and the world anticipates a new World War.

As leader of the United States or the Soviet Union, you must make the correct Economic, Diplomatic, Domestic and Military decisions to successfully navigate your country through this dangerous historical era and increase your nation’s Sphere of Influence on the world stage.

Features:
    - Play as the United States or Soviet Union in Campaign Mode
    - Control any Nation in Post-World War II Era in Sandbox Mode
    - Use Diplomacy, Trade and Espionage to influence the policies of other nations
    - Research new Technologies to give your nation an edge
    - Grow and Modernize your Economy
    - Control Military production and deployment, or let your Ministers take care of the details
    - And when Diplomacy Fails… Sophisticated Real-Time Strategic and Tactical Control of your Military Forces!
    - Enhanced Graphics and Sound including New 3D Terrain
    - Experience the redesigned GUI with improved On-Map feedback and streamlined controls
    - Up to 16 players in Multiplayer over local network or Internet

Scheduled for release Q2 2011 - prepare to take your place on the front lines of the Cold War !

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLost Empire - ImmortalsMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Awesome!

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

If the game is not divisional scale I am not interested.The micro in 2020 with battalion units was terrible.

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionDarkest HourDiplomacyEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of Nations

It sounds good.

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    great news!
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

Very exciting news. I don't think Supreme Ruler 2020 got enough attention and credit for being a really good game, hopefully that will change with the Cold War. Everyone loves the Cold War.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

2020 was great, but the thing that worries me with this, is that everything might be "pre-determined" despite a war never happening, I get the feeling that one side will have an advantage no matter what
    same thing with 2020 allies beat soviet still.... but Tesla troopers?

Quote Originally Posted by Pholanx View Post
    ...is that everything might be "pre-determined" despite a war never happening...
    With the title still "in development" we have ideas but few things are set in stone at this time. If you'd like to post some ideas on how timeline progression could be dealt with you could start a thread on the topic in our development forum (www.bgforums.com).

We may not use all the ideas but we tend to consider most things that are presented to us. Within reason of course.
    Chris Latour
    BattleGoat Studios
    chris@battlegoat.com

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

im not registered there sorry, but I think you should allow tech to go either way, obviously at the beginning the Soviets would be backwards but en masse if you following historically and the opposite with the allies. But I think it would be cool if technology lacking Russia became a advanced democracy or even a monarchy because of outside influence, rebel support etc. Cold War never happened, so that lets you play around more, look at past things done in wars outside the ordinary as a general or advisor might have seen this and suggested it.

Is this game likely to have much of a faster performance than 2020?

I'm excited at this news. Especially because the game will get an improvement overall, looking at the feature list. I hope that this could slowly move into an overall better game and fill the spot of the cold war/modern game that Paradox will probably not make itself.

HoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCommander: Conquest of the AmericasEuropa Universalis 3Galactic Assault
    Lead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldShip Simulator Extremes
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I was on verge of buying SR 2020 not so long, ago but now expansion will be relased gonna buy it, awesome news.
    'Darkest Hour', a 1914-1964 Grand Strategy Game

32? Oh.... whyyy... 69 is much a nicer sounding number...

Quote Originally Posted by RedRalphWiggum View Post
    Is this game likely to have much of a faster performance than 2020?
    hard question to answer, how much is "much"?

Will it be faster? Yes. Will there be a demo so players can see by how much? Yes. At this stage of development game speed is a little hard to comment on.

Quote Originally Posted by Beleg32 View Post
    I was on verge of buying SR 2020 not so long, ago but now expansion will be relased gonna buy it, awesome news.
    To be clear this is NOT an expansion pack for SR2020, this is a totally new stand alone game.

And really you should have the whole collection
    Chris Latour
    BattleGoat Studios
    chris@battlegoat.com

Quote Originally Posted by Balthagor View Post
    hard question to answer, how much is "much"?

Will it be faster? Yes. Will there be a demo so players can see by how much? Yes. At this stage of development game speed is a little hard to comment on.
    Well, I will definitely be giving that demo a go at the very least. Please make it a little simpler than 2020!

Please dont
    Complexity should be a hallmark of this series.

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLost Empire - ImmortalsMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Indeed! Also, it really isn't that difficult once you get to know the game mechanics.

Very nice! I've been waiting for something along the lines of this for a while and this is great. Any sort of time line in the sandbox mode yet or did I miss it? .
    behold the pale horse, who sat on him was death, and hell followed with him.

Timeline as in start date ? Circa late 1940s-to early 1950s

200k clubA Game of DwarvesCities in MotionDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Supreme Ruler 2020

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tkobo View Post
    Please dont
    Complexity should be a hallmark of this series.
    Gonna correct you there. FLEXIBILITY should be the hallmark. Anything that can be done to keep depth while reducing player workload should be priority #1. And at the top of the list should be the ability to form divisions.
    Witty sig here.
    Proud Member of the NNS (Naval Nutjob Soceity)
    "I agree." - CulturalCarnage

Not sure what you mean by flexibility....IF you mean more than one way to get something accomplished in the game,that should also be a hallmark of the series.

I wont mention how the more flexible it is (using that definition),the more complex it is also.Oops.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast