• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

LordofSaxony

a Relic
63 Badges
Apr 1, 2009
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Just an open discussion concerning what you would like to see on the map in general, since after all we'll be staring at it for long periods of time!

I'm hoping that we'll see different castle sizes on the map, ranging from..

• Tower
  • Small Keep
  • Large Keep
  • Small Castle
  • Medium Castle
  • Large Castle

Castles are very expensive things, and should represent mighty investments, therefore we shouldn't see large castles dotting the landscape, but rather a large castle every now and then.

I'm also hoping that just like in Vicky 2 which let us see railroads, that for CK2 we'll see roads on the main map which indicates quicker travel as well as a increase in trades.

I want to see Zeeland illustrated as an island. Up until the 18th century, Zeeland was a bunch of scattered islands and dunes running at the mouth of the Scheldt. It would be more historical and would enhance the role of the navy.

Last edited:
"Here be Dragons" written somewhere on the map border ;)

Agreed, major roads (something like the invisible trade routes from CK1) made visible on the map would be a nice detail on the map, and it would have a strategic significance.

You should probably include motte and baileys in the list, I'd also like to see some of the manor systems used in england throughout the period.

Also a simple count shouldn't be allowed to just built a castle that he wants he needs the permission of his liege.

And of course as a liege you should be allowed to fund the building of a castle by one of your vassals.

Also a simple count shouldn't be allowed to just built a castle that he wants he needs the permission of his liege.

And of course as a liege you should be allowed to fund the building of a castle by one of your vassals.
Castles should reduce the loyalty of vassal. When they have big walls to hide behind nobelmen tend to have more uppity.

This is important, since castle-building was a royal right that was jealously guarded and easily revoked.
I think it'd be interesting if you could appoint a castellan of each castle that you own, and he would manage it just like a lord manages a province, with his own court and so on. This was quite a prestigious posting for minor nobility in ye olden dayes, and could itself open up all kinds of interesting opportunities for intrigue and diplomacy.

Might be a little micro-management heavy though. :s

I would love to see maps painted like this:
map_assisi.jpg

garfagnana-map.jpg

I saw similar maps hung on the walls in the vatican and they were awesome.

Oh, they were beauty personified in terms of maps. I almost spent about $300 buying a book of them. In Italian no less, which I don't speak a word of. There's room after room of them all painted and hung on walls in the Vatican. Absolutely gorgeous.

Galleria_delle_carte_geografiche_medio.jpg

Apparently it's called the gallery of maps.

And now I shall stop spamming this thread with pics... :eek:o

Last edited:

I also would like to see the ability to tear down castles and fortifications.

Either willingly or terms of peace.

An animated road system would be cool - some horse and carts going between provinces. I imagine this would be possible since a similar railroad thing was done for V2, though it wasn't animated.

I really like the VIC2 map with its representation of fields etc.. I think this could be taken a step further for improvements but Im not sure if we need to go animated, having said that I would like to see roads and other buildings you've built on the map itself.

However what really attrached me to CK was the dynasties and RP'ing, so more options and things to make the characters feel more personal, more attached/alive is a must IMO.

This is important, since castle-building was a royal right that was jealously guarded and easily revoked.
I think it'd be interesting if you could appoint a castellan of each castle that you own, and he would manage it just like a lord manages a province, with his own court and so on. This was quite a prestigious posting for minor nobility in ye olden dayes, and could itself open up all kinds of interesting opportunities for intrigue and diplomacy.

Might be a little micro-management heavy though. :s

the ability of a King or other liege to prevent counts from buidling castles should be vbery much dependent on the power of said liege and said count (or other bannerman).
the Counts of flanders didn't very much care about what the king of france said most of the time, and they happily built fortifications when it suited them and not the guy in paris (since he didn't have much direct power anyways)
In otherr words: the higher your feudalism value the more freedom your bannermen have.

I think it would add much atmosphere if the map would be scattered with little scenes, which should be even smaller than your army sprites to avoid confusion. For example:

- people harvesting
- hunting scenes
- sheepherding
- lots of animals
- traveling knights
- fisherboats
etc.

Though I lack the skill to do it, I bet there are tons of people who´d love to do it just for being mentioned in the credits.
Otherwise I think the map will be very good if Paradox continues its way from the Vicky2 map but fits it to the different timeframe and let it look all mysterious (One should be frightened to send his or her men to far away from home.)

I realize that these two demands contradict each other somewhat, but there will be solution to this. Maybe the funnier scenes can be in more populous areas.

I will be glad if muslim provinces have analogous types of buildings like church/mosque, and something like muslim templar house.

fertilization as a option of poor provs for a large amount of cash will be also nice