Closed Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: And is this a hint also?

Oooh, a Custom User Title? Gwyn ap Nud's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India

I totally called it a week ago that you were going to announce this. Very very happy! Though Blondie needs a beard, in my opinion.
    I know I believe in nothing, but it is my nothing
    Cogito Ergo Sum

We had some thoughts on the cover and how to make it work:

1) Improve the current draft: Add an angry beard and a severed flying head.
    2) A hologram showing crusaders or Muslims (depending on the view point) massacring, pillaging and raping a town.
    3) Or if additional sales are wanted, make it look like it's a game about Medieval vampire intrigue. The teen girl market sales will increase thousandfold.

Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    Here is the current cover-art.
    Forget all the nasty things I've ever said about you. Finally MYii GAMEA!

I still love Crusader Kings but have always wished for fixes for that save reload moral goes to zero effect. Hopefully a fix for the end of the month lag as it clears out all those dead people? Hopefully better bad boy ideas as to keep the human player from easily exploiting all those pagans in the east and overtaking the world as a Duke. Hopefully a STRONG AI.

If anything Johan keep this in mind as the difficulty goes up have the loot that is gained by taking a province go DOWN this time. When I played on Very Hard I would get many thousands of (currency in the game) when i got a peace agreement. I'd like to play with a higher difficulty without getting so much in return when I win a province please??

Anyways great to know and I finally again anxiously await a Paradox game.

Blog Entries
    What would the avatars be?
    GO JAPAN!

200k clubDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
    Now that is what I call cover art.
    ENGLAND CONFIDES THAT EVERYMAN WILL DO HIS DUTY

And win the Hundred Years' War Scenario in In Nomine

Dragon of Gallaecia Suevorum Luis de Aveiro's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLost Empire - ImmortalsMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    "Desdichado"? Somone is reading Ivanhoe, from Walter Scott?
    Nothing better for a medieval revival!

And now for the Military Orders of Reconquista!!!
    es gibt keine Tatsachen, es gibt nur Interpretationen - Friedrich Nietzsche
    The capitalists not only rule by carrot and gun but by making popular forms carry imperialist messages.Left-wing dictatorships do rule by gun and by making imperialist forms carry popular messages.
    Authority, when first detecting chaos at its heels, will entertain the vilest schemes to save its orderly facade. But always order without justice, without love or liberty, which cannot long postpone their world's descent into pandemonium.

Against the unlawful British annexation of the Portuguese State of India (IN HOI 2) - GIVE GOA BACK!

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Box art looks awesome.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Vicky 2, MM:TG and CK 2 in yearly succession, what more can you ask for?
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The July AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

200k clubCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaRome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn ap Nud View Post
    I totally called it a week ago that you were going to announce this. Very very happy! Though Blondie needs a beard, in my opinion.
    True, he looks good, but not tough enough. The best medieval themed concept art can be found in M&B Warband and I'd really like to see something similar here
    "'Religious faith. Belief in daemons, belief in spirits, belief in an afterlife and all the other trappings of a preternatural existence, simply existed to make us all more comfortable and content in the face of a measureless cosmos. They were sops, bolsters for the soul, crutches for the intellect, prayers and lucky charms to help us through the darkness. But we have witnessed the cosmos now, my friends. We have passed amongst it. We have learned and understood the fabric of reality. We have seen the stars from behind, and found they have no clockwork mechanisms, no golden chariots carrying them abroad. We have realized there is no need for god, or any gods, and by extension no use any longer for daemons or devils or spirits."

- Primary Iterator Kyril Sindermann

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionHoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Hmmm, am i the only one who thinks of Ivanhoe when looking at this fellow?
    My latest AARs

Portugal- an Empire Under the Sun: Questing for the new world and taking the old world.

de Hautevilles- Can Anyone Stop the Norman Invasion?: A tale of Normans in Southern Italy. Completed!

Art - Games - History Alexspeed's Avatar
    92 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by telesien View Post
    True, he looks good, but not tough enough. The best medieval themed concept art can be found in M&B Warband and I'd really like to see something similar here
    I have to agree, that beardless teen idol blodie just dosent cut it for me

I REALLY hope the box art will get an overhaul, more into art and blood and grimmness and mediveality... this looks like right out of a disney movie

Neverthless CK 2 is great news and i will buy it no matter what cover it has as long as the game itself delivers, and i have no doubt that it will =)
    Platypus rutilus, in hoc signo vinces - In honorem Paradox!
    Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign for a diseased mind! – Terry Pratchett
    ----------- -----------
    Alexspeed´s MIP - Map Improvment Package and Untransparent Map Mod for Victoria 2.
    Alexspeed´s Canvas Worldmap, SexiiColours Intense and Clear Map Overlay for Victoria 2.

Mount & Blade Custom Flag Tutorial - Alexspeed´s Victoria 2 Wallpapers and Loadscreens & Wallpapers for EU3

Member of The Iconians Club 50 and the 200k Club - - Proud Owner of the SAS Award for Forum Dedication.
    My finished Victoria 2 AAR Contest - My AwAARds: Fan of the Week: 7-Nov-2010

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Lead and GoldMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

The boxart's a fine draft. Not everybody in the middle ages was a hunchbacked, one-eyed leper with no teeth.

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2

Great news!

Can't wait....

Art - Games - History Alexspeed's Avatar
    92 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleidoscope View Post
    The boxart's a fine draft. Not everybody in the middle ages was a hunchbacked, one-eyed leper with no teeth.
    If you say so... welcome your new friend

Picture of Quasimodo in black and white thats now defunct

He still has allmost all his teeth
    Last edited by Alexspeed; 20-08-2010 at 00:55.
    Platypus rutilus, in hoc signo vinces - In honorem Paradox!
    Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign for a diseased mind! – Terry Pratchett
    ----------- -----------
    Alexspeed´s MIP - Map Improvment Package and Untransparent Map Mod for Victoria 2.
    Alexspeed´s Canvas Worldmap, SexiiColours Intense and Clear Map Overlay for Victoria 2.

Mount & Blade Custom Flag Tutorial - Alexspeed´s Victoria 2 Wallpapers and Loadscreens & Wallpapers for EU3

Member of The Iconians Club 50 and the 200k Club - - Proud Owner of the SAS Award for Forum Dedication.
    My finished Victoria 2 AAR Contest - My AwAARds: Fan of the Week: 7-Nov-2010

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blekinge View Post
    I guess Paradox are fans of Richard the Lionhearted when it comes to CK, with the CK2 being Inspired by Ivanhoe's "the Black knight" who was Richard and CK being Richard in all his crusading finery, great work as always, I still can't wait for it.
    "Desdichado" was Ivanhoe himself. The Black Knight had no device on his shield during the tournament, and a bar and padlock when attacking the castle.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis de Aveiro View Post
    "Desdichado"? Somone is reading Ivanhoe, from Walter Scott?
    Nothing better for a medieval revival!

And now for the Military Orders of Reconquista!!!
    No book could be better to establish the level of historical accuracy to be expected.

(as can be seen above, I loved that book when I was younger)

People before principle

*Magdat does happy-dance!*

I just clicked at the first forum cause that is the Vicky II forum and then I see Crusader kings, I think: Huh? Damn wrong forum. Then I see II, my brain goes: Huh? Then my face goes:
    Voting is the legitimised depositing of opinions, which are not required to be supported by arguments.

EU2 1.08b, AGCEEP 1.3.6 - CK 1.04b - Vicky 1.03c, VIP 0.4b

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club

I can only join my voice to the chorus and say; Wonderfully awesome news! We are much pleased.
    "The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins."
    -Oliver Wendell Holmes

Once upon a time..
    ~ Ottomans in Tuesday, Wednesday Hurricane
    ~ Sweden in Howl to the Moon II
    ~ Morocco in Of Kings and Pawns
    ~ Ming-turned-Manchu in Howl to the Moon III

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIISengoku
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Hurrah! A victory for common sense.

This stinks! Oh my gawd!

I was hoping that we would be able to take our conquered Earth, develop advanced technology, and go to battle against other planets in an effort to take over the universe in an experience much like star wars.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to settle for Crusader Kings II.

Nah I'm just kidding! This is great news! I can't wait for this game!

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaMajesty II Collection
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020
    War of the Roses500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the Vikings

Brilliant news indeed! Thanks guys & gals at Paradox!
    The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise. - Tacitus

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast