• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We had some thoughts on the cover and how to make it work:

1) Improve the current draft: Add an angry beard and a severed flying head.
2) A hologram showing crusaders or Muslims (depending on the view point) massacring, pillaging and raping a town.
3) Or if additional sales are wanted, make it look like it's a game about Medieval vampire intrigue. The teen girl market sales will increase thousandfold.

Here is the current cover-art.

Forget all the nasty things I've ever said about you. Finally MYii GAMEA!:D

I still love Crusader Kings but have always wished for fixes for that save reload moral goes to zero effect. Hopefully a fix for the end of the month lag as it clears out all those dead people? Hopefully better bad boy ideas as to keep the human player from easily exploiting all those pagans in the east and overtaking the world as a Duke. Hopefully a STRONG AI.

If anything Johan keep this in mind as the difficulty goes up have the loot that is gained by taking a province go DOWN this time. When I played on Very Hard I would get many thousands of (currency in the game) when i got a peace agreement. I'd like to play with a higher difficulty without getting so much in return when I win a province please??

Anyways great to know and I finally again anxiously await a Paradox game.

"Desdichado"? Somone is reading Ivanhoe, from Walter Scott?
Nothing better for a medieval revival! :rolleyes:

And now for the Military Orders of Reconquista!!!

I totally called it a week ago that you were going to announce this. Very very happy! Though Blondie needs a beard, in my opinion. :D

True, he looks good, but not tough enough. The best medieval themed concept art can be found in M&B Warband and I'd really like to see something similar here :)

Hmmm, am i the only one who thinks of Ivanhoe when looking at this fellow?

True, he looks good, but not tough enough. The best medieval themed concept art can be found in M&B Warband and I'd really like to see something similar here :)

I have to agree, that beardless teen idol blodie just dosent cut it for me :eek:o

I REALLY hope the box art will get an overhaul, more into art and blood and grimmness and mediveality... this looks like right out of a disney movie :(

Neverthless CK 2 is great news and i will buy it no matter what cover it has as long as the game itself delivers, and i have no doubt that it will =)

The boxart's a fine draft. Not everybody in the middle ages was a hunchbacked, one-eyed leper with no teeth.

If you say so... welcome your new friend :D

Picture of Quasimodo in black and white thats now defunct

He still has allmost all his teeth ;)

Last edited:
I guess Paradox are fans of Richard the Lionhearted when it comes to CK, with the CK2 being Inspired by Ivanhoe's "the Black knight" who was Richard and CK being Richard in all his crusading finery, great work as always, I still can't wait for it.
"Desdichado" was Ivanhoe himself. The Black Knight had no device on his shield during the tournament, and a bar and padlock when attacking the castle. :p

"Desdichado"? Somone is reading Ivanhoe, from Walter Scott?
Nothing better for a medieval revival! :rolleyes:

And now for the Military Orders of Reconquista!!!
No book could be better to establish the level of historical accuracy to be expected.

:D (as can be seen above, I loved that book when I was younger)

*Magdat does happy-dance!* :D

I just clicked at the first forum cause that is the Vicky II forum and then I see Crusader kings, I think: Huh? Damn wrong forum. Then I see II, my brain goes: Huh? Then my face goes: :D

I can only join my voice to the chorus and say; Wonderfully awesome news! We are much pleased.

This stinks! Oh my gawd!

I was hoping that we would be able to take our conquered Earth, develop advanced technology, and go to battle against other planets in an effort to take over the universe in an experience much like star wars.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to settle for Crusader Kings II.

Nah I'm just kidding! This is great news! I can't wait for this game! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.