+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [MOD] Viva Verdi

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    SengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

[MOD] Viva Verdi

Viva Verdi
    Viva Vittorio Emanuele Re D'Italia

Download:

Viva Verdi 0.3

Download the graphic add-on made by Pixies57 (not properly working right now, use it if u like to find ur own solutions for graphic problems)
    (u'll have to rewrite the files into the original folders of Victoria 2, so make a backup):
    Coliseum

click here to know how it look like

---------------------------------

UPDATES

*0.3 - very little update here getting a more historical colonisation giving East New Guinea to prussia at proper time and helping UK in colonising Australia and New Zeland

*0.2.9 - Included a decision for the constuction of the Napoli-Portici Rail way
    Rebalanced the terrorist system to make it less frustrating and more... well, balanced (still, pls, give me feedbacks 'bout this)
    added 4 decisions for AI Chile and AI Argentina to help them colonise Patagonia and Easter island if BOTH Chile and Argentina are Ai-driven at the same time

*0.2.8 - Included the fast fix that no-one seems to have downloaded in a separate way (only 5 people over 47 downloads of the non fixed version XD)
    Further balancing ot the Terrorist System (i'll add more events when the balance will be ok... pls give me feedbacks on this)
    fixed La Fenice events that fired for non-owners country too
    added a decision for Piedmont to form italy more often and more realistically (especially for ai). Italy will now form a lot more IF Piedmont is able to grab his cores from austria but with a lot less prestige bonus. If u want to form italy with another italian minor u HAVE TO prevent Piedmont to win his wars against austria

*0.2.7fix - Fixed A problem that doubled the decisions (each decision showed up 2 times)
    Added The pictures for the Terrorist System
    Added the descriptions for the Terrorist System's decisions

*0.2.7test - Added the first version of the Terrorist and Secret Police system... actually aviable ONLY for italian (and player driven) nations. The system will be explained on a reserved post lower in this page;
    Readded the Fenice theater events and Decison
    Translated all the political parties of the italian nations in... well... a good italian

*0.2.6 - Added Africa Mod 0.36
    Added Canal Mod 1.3

*0.2.5fix - removed la fenice events... the game kept crashing

*0.2.5 - Added Canal Mod 1.1
    added the creation of Fiat (by decision) in Turin in 1899... the goods produced in turin wil change to automobiles
    added La fenice reconstruction of 1836 for the owner of Venice... this will be aviable each time La fenice theater will burn again... as long as la fenice will exist the owner of venice will have 0.1 boost in prestige
    added an event that will have low canches to fire so that la Fenice can burn again
    adding inundation of venice event wich will happen MAXIMUM every 2 years
    fixed a bug with Somalia's inheritance

*0.2.4 - Increased death rating for military pop from soldier's casualties... from 0.1 to 0.2
    now the events of the Anarchist assaults of 1878 and Umberto I's deaths are a chain of 3 events. It depends on what the player does if the king will live or not
    added an option to the garibaldi's expedition event
    now. during the banca romana event, u'll have to wait 'till the investigation's will be finished and so u'll be able to know where ur decisions lead to

*0.2.3 - added decisions for ai France and ai Great Britain to get theyr colonies into eritrea and somalia so that the ai will allways get there and the map will look a bit more real (we're talking 'bout 2 provinces, so nothing that will destroy the balance of the game);
    added a kongo inheritance decision for ai Belgium (since belgium never seems to colonize at all, i wanted to give em 3 provinces to make the map feel more real)
    Fixed the Garibaldi Expedition that gave cores to Piedmont instead of Italy
    Fixed the Umberto I's death event
    Rebalanced a lot of events to give less prestige boost and to give less militancy to pops (the game already is frustrating enough from that aspect)

*0.2.2 - added the creation fo the Italian Geographic Society
    added 2 decisions for the italian aquisition of Massawa and Assab
    added a somalia inheritance decision

*0.2.1fix - It appear that the new version of the mod had some problem with the Africa Mod... problem solved

*0.2.1 - added an event chain between Piedmont/Italy and Two Sicilies about garibaldi's expedition... since Francesco II was much closer to savoy's succession's line than Vittorio Emanuele II i gave Two Sicilies an option to raise theyr claims
    added a flavour event for the Two Sicilies based on the Bandiera brothers expedition

*0.2 - Included Mod Afrique Tribal (tnx again to pixies57 for his awesome mod) to make the 2 mods work properly together

*0.1.9fixed - An error into the scripting of the events caused them to pop up more than once or don't pop up at all... every italian flavour event fixed and some of them rebalanced
    fixed the italian decision for the bonification of the agropontino that caused it to be aviable right away when u formed italian nation

*0.1.9 - Added an event for Umberto I's assassination
    Added the Roman bank (Banca Romana) scandal of 1893 with a small chain of events
    Added the graphics for all the events

*0.1.8- Added an event that simulate the bombing attacks and the attempt to kill king Umberto I during the november of 1878 (since they weren't related to the Savoia crown and the attackers just stated that they "hated every king and emperor", it's not important who created italy)
    added on an event chain (started by a decision) for the italian exploring expeditions "Bricchetti-Robecchi", "Ferrandi" and "B˛ttego"
    adding a decision to simulate the bonification of Agropontino made by the Fascist governemnt
    all the decisions descriptions are now at the bottom of the localisation file "text", so that anyone who want to take decisions or to modify this mod for his own pleasure can do it now more easily

*0.1.7 - Added an event to simulate brigandage after italian unification (wich was pretty extended)
    fixed the Orsini event

*0.1.6 - Added Sayagh migration/assimilation fix for Pops
    fixed Lucca, Modena and Parma decisions
    rebalanced Tuscany inheritance decisions
    rebalanced "Il genio di Cavour" decision
    fixed the Orsini event

*0.1.5 - Finally all the italian decisions's titles are translated into italian (i found the files where they were hidden :P )
    Added a flavour random event based on the Orsini bombing attack to all the italian nations (chance to fire over 58-61 years, if u pass 61 and it didn't fire it mean that the attack never happened)
    Reworked starting prestige (slightly) for the 8 great powers to make it harder for the player to become a GP and thus to create italy without the help of any decision or war

*0.1.4 - Added one decision to Modena, Parma and Lucca to inherit each others and the east romagna region from the Papal States
    Fixed an error with the Tuscany inheritance decisions

*0.1.3 - Added CanalMod 1.01 for those who like to expand themselves in africa

*0.1.2 - Added a flavour event to Tuscany wich will make more easy to activate the inheritance decision
    Reworked many italian nations decisions titles, translating them into italian to add a little more immedesimation

*0.1.1 - Added a decision for tuscany to inherit all the central states
    rebalanced one event from Cavour's mod

*0.1 - Added the first and totally invented Papal State chain of decisions
    Added Cavour's mod and rebalanced some events from it

MOD Objectives = Creating different unification scenarios (and decision chains) for the 4 biggest italian states (Sardinia-Piedmont, Tuscany, Papal States and the Two Sicilies)

The Piedmontese one will follow history while the other 3 will be made out of pure fantasy, still trying to be plausible or fun and intresting "what if"

The Situation Right now = I just released an eraly version 'cause i won't be able to work much on it for the next 2 days... it does work but it offer a totally ahistorical decision chain for the Papal states and a more historical version of the Piedmontese one...
    Also add the first 2 decisions for Tuscany.
    after the main focus will be achieved i will work on various flavour decisions/event for all the italian nations (both historical and ahistoricals).
    If during the work any intresting graphic or nation focused mod will appear i will try to incorporate it into this one as much as possible but the main focus for me will remain the italian peninsula.

Please note that i will create the main decisions for all the italian states and later i will polish them all building more flavour event around them to bring them to life. The point is to make all the italian nations fun to play and then work on the little things.

MAYBE i will work on the ai to get Savoy more capable in it's unification task, just in case someone will want to use this mod while playing a not-italian state

Thanks for theyr mods to pixies57 for Mod Afrique Tribal, Xcapos for CanalMod, to Gabriel SPR for Cavour's Mod, and to Sayagh for his migration/assimilation pops fix, all of them included into Viva Verdi Mod
    Thanks again to pixies57 for his Coliseum Graphical Add-on
    Last edited by Belegurt; 11-09-2010 at 09:36.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Piedmontese unification chain:

See Gabriel SPR job on Cavout's mod since i'm using a slighty modified version of his mod for now

Tnx again Gabriel SPR

For now it's just a pretty historical decision chain that will give u the option to follow Cavour's steps through the true italian unification ^^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuscany unification chain:

A prestigious and liberal Tuscany is able,to unify the center of italy under it's flag with Austrian agreement... in exchange of it's help against the Piedmontese-French treath!

But later on will have to turn his back to the Austrians cousins to find a way to finally unify italy... or at least a part of it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Papal unification chain:

*Started*

The first unification chain is made out of pure fantasy... it sees the Pope striving for more and more power.
    To achieve this it uses is influence over Napoleon III to get french help in annexing the center and south italy in exchange of Pope's and God's gratitude and help for any french desire over north italy and over italian islands.
    This during a war against time to get Napoleon III approval before Cavour's will do his thing!
    Later on The pope will sign a pact with the devil itself (The Ottoman Empire) to kick Austria out of the God's (and his) lands!

- Need some refining, expecially on the frech cores and for the wars -

*to be added*

A more historical chain in wich rome will be taken over creating the "Repubblica Romana" wich will support revolters into the other italian states while fighting for it's survival against the restoration!!!
    Last edited by Belegurt; 21-08-2010 at 23:07.

Terrorist and Secret Police System

During 1800 and 'till the early years of 1900 Italy had many... many problems with anarcho-terrorists wich, often, lead to problems in foreign politics aswell (the most important event was the orsini attack against Napoleon III, but there were many others "unpleasant" situations)

trying to simulate that and wanting to give a better sense of power over the country (and more choices of how it's ruled) i came up with the idea to create a sub system of events based on the strenght of anarchist movements of the player country... the more strong they are the bigger the problems with bombing attacks, propaganda against the government or even a king assassination (someone said Umberto I's assassination and the other 3 attacks he suffered by anarcho-terrorists?)

The first scratch of this system (0.2.7test) give the player 3 options based on how much powe he wishes to give to his secret police:
    low;
    middle;
    high;
    obviously the more power u give to your secret police the more it will lower the power of the terrorists in ur country BUT all those arrests and perquisitions won't be seen in a good way by ur pops, so this should be used only now and then or u'll risk to upset the country.

right now there is only one kind of attacks that terrorists can do... but based on the power of terrorst movements u'll see it occurring more often (once every 2 years, once a year or once each 6 months)... also, with a very high terrorist presence the umberto I's death may occour causing big trouble in ur country

once this scratch system will work 100% correctly and will be balanced in the right way i will start adding new events and situations... both good and bad.

please, post ur comments to help me in this task
    Last edited by Belegurt; 08-09-2010 at 18:09.

*reserved*
    Last edited by Belegurt; 21-08-2010 at 23:06.

*reserved*
    Last edited by Belegurt; 21-08-2010 at 23:06.

Hm... sounds ambitious
    But then again, being blind substantially opens up ones dating pool

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Let's see how this will be worked out
    This great evil. Where does it come from? How'd it steal into the world? What seed, what root did it grow from? Who's doin' this? Who's killin' us? Robbing us of life and light. Mockin' us with the sight of what we might've known. Does our ruin benefit the earth? Does it help the grass to grow, the sun to shine? Is this darkness in you, too? Have you passed through this night?

Well, for Papal States I think the only realistic possibility would be:

- Pope openly supporting unification (by decision)---->Reform into Costitutional Monarchy---->Alliance with Two Sicilies and Sardinia-Piedmont----> War with Austria for Lombardia (and possibly Venetia as well)----> Unification.

On the other hand you could have:

- Pope openly condemn unification (by decision)---->Revolution---->Repubblica Romana (led by Mazzini)---->Revolt in Tuscany, Two Sicilies and Sardinia Piedmont----> Italian republics alliance----> War with Austria for Lombardia (and possibly Venetia as well)----> Unification.

The second one almost happened in real life, but I think they are both plausible enough.

I made a very early version and i'll put in on upload right now since i'll be at my girlfriend place for 2 days from tomorrow and so i won't be able to work on this at all... and i still think that something it's allways better than nothing, when it works (and it does, i tested it quite a bit)

it isn't too much polished but i don't think that the unification should be made too hard since in vanilla u'r already able (i can't, but id does seems that it's only a problem of mine, so i suck :P ) to make it pretty early

i also included Cavour's mod thanks to Gabriel SPR concession and modified a bit his decisions.

the first version doesn't have any decision chain historical or even remotely historical looking... but i think it's an intresting story and a funny one to play so i made it anyway.
    the next time i will work on saulot suggestion 'bout the "repubblica romana" balancing a bit the imperialist pope one and then i will work on a liberal tuscany who attract parma, modena and lucca with his high prestige and liberal laws
    Last edited by Belegurt; 19-08-2010 at 09:45.

Interesting idea for tuscany. Given that historically it was ruled by an enlightened Habsburg you could go for an Austrian supported unification, something like this:

Liberal reforms in Tuscany---->Parma, Modena and Lucca vote for unification with Tuscany---->Austria agrees: Tuscany annexes Central Italy and become a satellite of Austria----> Sardinia Piedmont allies with France and attacks Tuscany/Austria---->Tuscany/Austria beat Sardinia/France, SP gets annexed, together with the Papal States (except Lazio)---->After a while, war against Two Sicilies----> Unification, probably GP status is attained and satellite status is lost---->Austria breaks the alliance, probable war in the near future.

What do you think?

that was the reason why i though 'bout a liberal tuscany for this kind of chain in the first place while, i must admit, i think i'll add somethinglike that for savoy and papal states too later on to give to pacifist players a chance to unify italy without having to wage wars around the globe with uncivilized states in order to become GP and then assimilate italy by diplomacy

nice chain, pretty similar to my idea though not identical... i still think that if austria whould have helped tuscany that way it would have wanted some part of piedmont for herself

*post edit*
    now added the first decision for tuscany and rebalanced a bit plombieres agreement
    Last edited by Belegurt; 19-08-2010 at 10:28.

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2

Why would Austria ever support Italian unification? Any unified Italy - liberal, conservative, constitutional, absolutist - would predictably lay claim to all the Italian lands, including the Habsburg possessions. Thereby threatening Austria's might and power.

It would only make sense as a "counter-project" if Sicily aims for a unification of its own - however then the Habsburgs would aim to keep Italy divided in two, with the pope in the middle. Never would they consent to or support a unification of all of Italy under one authority.

not all italy but, from my point of view, only the center and the sud piedmont taking for them the rest of the Piedmontese lands but still having a stronger ally in italy against the Piedmontese-French threat
    Last edited by Belegurt; 19-08-2010 at 10:41.

When I will not bug.
    I send you the file.
    So you can throw to the lions, your rebel!LOL

Quote Originally Posted by pixies57 View Post
    When I will not bug.
    I send you the file.
    So you can throw to the lions, your rebel!LOL
    oh my, i want it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Belegurt View Post
    oh my, i want it!!!!
    If you want try to fixe the bug
    http://www.filefront.com/17215153/Nouveau dossier (3).rar

Thank google earth!
    5 minutes of works
    Do you want SanSiro....lol
    Last edited by pixies57; 19-08-2010 at 11:01.

it looks good... i wasn't able to make it work but who cares (for now, later on i will focus on "howthehelldoumodifygraphicsinthisgame" task)

anyway, i noticed u worked into the factory file, is it a reworked graphic for some sort of factory?

if it's a totally new and standalone thing i would actually love a vittoriano object... so that when u trigger the decision it will appear on the map

that would actually be awesome (if it's possible to mod in) instead of the coliseum

i mean... if that would be possible i will do nomatterwhat to make it real XD

Quote Originally Posted by Belegurt View Post
    it looks good... i wasn't able to make it work but who cares (for now, later on i will focus on "howthehelldoumodifygraphicsinthisgame" task)

anyway, i noticed u worked into the factory file, is it a reworked graphic for some sort of factory?

if it's a totally new and standalone thing i would actually love a vittoriano object... so that when u trigger the decision it will appear on the map

that would actually be awesome (if it's possible to mod in) instead of the coliseum

i mean... if that would be possible i will do nomatterwhat to make it real XD
    I made a copy and paste of this
    Code:
    fort = {      
    	type = fort

cost = 0
    	goods_cost =
    	{
    		lumber = 10 
    		cement = 10 
    		explosives = 5 
    		small_arms = 5
    		artillery = 4