• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kallocain

Executive Producer
22 Badges
Aug 3, 2009
  • Divine Wind
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sengoku
  • Rome Gold
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Legio
  • Lead and Gold
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
"The way of an eagle in the air; the way of a serpent upon a rock; the way of a ship in the midst of the sea; and the way of a man with a maid. " - Proverbs 30.19

The way of a Platypus in the water; <-- think you forgot that one :D

it dosent make sense to me sorry :confused:

Is it me or are these hints making us turn in circle ? :p

Paradox seems really more afraid to make the announcement than what Fred Webster said on Gamasutra... :D

I've had it with these [redacted] snakes in the [redacted] hints. :mad:

Two days left for the big CK2 reveal. ;)

China Universalis: The Three Kingdoms. :nods:

"The way of an eagle in the air; the way of a serpent upon a rock; the way of a ship in the midst of the sea; and the way of a man with a maid. " - Proverbs 30.19

The context (proverbs 30) is a list of things that are 'too wonderful' to understand.:cool: Obviously this is something that will blast our minds completely.

possible meanings of the third hint:
A: (only the serpent reference is meaningful). The serpent (re: first hint) is the father of lies and now moves in ways we can't understand: intrigue and diplomacy.
B: (hidden meaning everywhere): the list can be interpreted as progress by air, by land, by sea and by seduction/smoothtalking (ie: diplomacy). I PI context this screams out 'grand strategy', which incidentally does not help narrow it down.

hypothesis:
-the first serpent reference is the devil, the second one to the battle between <good and evil>, the third to the multiple and/or strange ways this moves.
-I.e. a grand strategy game with religious wars and heavy intrigue, gut feeling says crusades, with Saladin starring as the serpent.

conclusion: "CK2 - Jihad" :cool:

All I know is this...if it is not CKII there is going to be a revolt. :)

The context (proverbs 30) is a list of things that are 'too wonderful' to understand.:cool: Obviously this is something that will blast our minds completely.

A: (only the serpent reference is meaningful). The serpent (re: first hint) is the father of lies and now moves in ways we can't understand: intrigue and diplomacy.
B: (hidden meaning everywhere): the list can be interpreted as progress by air, by land, by sea and by seduction/smoothtalking (ie: diplomacy). I PI context this screams out 'grand strategy', which incidentally does not help narrow it down.

hypothesis:
-the first serpent reference is the devil, the second one to the battle between <good and evil>, the third to the multiple and/or strange ways this moves.
-I.e. a grand strategy game with religious wars and heavy intrigue, gut feeling says crusades, with Saladin starring as the serpent.

conclusion: "CK2 - Jihad" :cool:
I like that.

This third hint is about the four mysteries. It actually says there are three things I don't get and four things I can't fathom or something like that.

Damn you, Johan. You have me reading the Tanakh and the Bible for the first time in years looking for other meanings. I thought there might be differences between the two since all these quotes are from the Old Testament. :p

All I know is this...if it is not CKII there is going to be a revolt. :)

Yeah, i'm readying my stockpile pitchforks and torches :p

[...]
[...]

... would it be Diplomacy II ?
... :eek:o sorry... *leaves the room*

... would it be Diplomacy II ?
... :eek:o sorry... *leaves the room*

Paradox would've made more money on that game if they called the uninstaller an expansion pack and charged $9.99 for it.

All this talk about serpents is intriguing, to say the least. Paradox have quoted Biblical verses more than any Swede in the past hundred years. :p

Air warfare, land warfare, naval warfare, intrigue... CK2: Modern Crusaders?

Status
Not open for further replies.