Closed Thread
Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast

Thread: The 1.2 patch, a little bit on contents

Producer Paradox Dev Team Kallocain's Avatar

The 1.2 patch, a little bit on contents

The patch will obviously contain a lot more, but these are some headlines we think you'll like to see:
    • Improved AI handling of rebels.
    • The Diplomatic AI have gotten an overhaul and the AI is more likely to intervene, and also will form alliances with other GP's.
    • Mid and endgame economy have been tweaked, and the capitalists should understand more what is profitable or not.

More news to come, like the date of the release and more fixes of course.

EDIT
    An update from August 30

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Let's see, the eternal question what was Paradox upto last week on Victoria 2

Johan - Was off playing around the rebel and refrom system to get it working better
    Doomdark - Spent some time improving the rebel fighting AI
    Brother Bean - Adding Events and decision, plus fixing things here and there
    Besuchov - Doing a whole of host of small fixes for minor issues
    Me - Did various economic and tech tweaks to improve mid to late game economic balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    What I can say with absolute certainty that there will be no patch this week. Still doing stuff at the moment, trying to kill all the problems we know about (and not introduce any new ones) before we ship out a patch.

EDIT
    Post just asking when the patch will be ready will be considered spam
    Last edited by Veldmaarschalk; 30-08-2010 at 20:12.

Woohoo! Paradox has its priorities straight, clearly you guys are listening to the community.

Woooow!!

We love you PI!

*I know you said date of release will be communicated in this topic, but is there anything we may expect (this week (most likely not), this month, september, ...). i would understand if you prefer not to give an estimate though

can you fix enemies being able to go through your canals please?

I saw egypt go through my canal when at war and france as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallocain View Post
    Improved AI handling of rebels.
    That's good. Are we also looking at getting rebels from a wider range, instead of repeated jacobin / anarcho-liberal rebelions?

The Diplomatic AI have gotten an overhaul and the AI is more likely to intervene, and also will form alliances with other GP's.
    Nice. Should make the game a bit more interesting, instead of taking out the European countries one at a time.

Will the new AI take into consideration that some countries (USA and MEX, PRU and AUS, etc) ally with each other, preventing them from actually conquering their historical cores?

Mid and endgame economy have been tweaked, and the capitalists should understand more what is profitable or not.
    Very nice. Should help my economy heaps.

Take however long you need to get it working. The game is still fun regardless, and community fixes can tide us until a polished patch is released... Which brings the next question. Any possibiilty of getting the Mod folder working in the next patch?
    "For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."

"When we are unwilling to draw clear moral lines between free societies and fear societies, when we are unwilling to call the former good and the latter evil, we will not be able to advance the cause of peace because peace cannot be disconnected from freedom."

Anything on the SoIs?

Any news on immigration/assimilation and industrial score?

The patch will obviously contain a lot more, but these are some headlines we think you'll like to see:
    • The Diplomatic AI have gotten an overhaul and the AI is more likely to intervene, and also will form alliances with other GP's.
    • Mid and endgame economy have been tweaked, and the capitalists should understand more what is profitable or not.

This is great, however, my biggest concern is the rebels. And based on what you said, you're only going to improve how AI countries handle the rebels? How about rebels in my own country?

Until this is fixed, I'll probably be playing Starcraft 2 more than Vic2.

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Sounds great!

Any optimizing?
    The map scrolling is great but I seem to experience some delay when selecting units and building armies etc. Or maybe my computer is just getting obsolete.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club

When will it arrive?
    And don't say "when it's done"

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k club

Sounds good. BTW,do you need to register to get the patch?

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by the_legion View Post
    When will it arrive?
    And don't say "when it's done"
    It's done when it's done.

Any further posts asking when the patch will be ready will be considered as spam.
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Quote Originally Posted by BRK View Post
    Sounds good. BTW,do you need to register to get the patch?
    I guess you will be able to get it via the game-launcher, as this has always been the case with all of the clausewitz games so far.

Normally, a link is also posted in the tech support forum, you will need to register for access of that. But that is not guaranteed.

It's only registering a serial number with your account of this forum, there are no additional personal details that are needed.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Good news indeed!

Any word on if the bureaucrat problem in colonies is fixed?

Good News. Please take a look at the german localisation. Some text especially in the tooltips and the diplomatic screens are messed up.
    "The poetry of heroism appeals irresistibly to those who don't go to a war, and even more to those whom the war is making enormously wealthy. It's always so."

Louis-Ferdinand Celine

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2

Excellent, I look forward to it

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k club

Quote Originally Posted by safferli View Post
    I guess you will be able to get it via the game-launcher, as this has always been the case with all of the clausewitz games so far.

Normally, a link is also posted in the tech support forum, you will need to register for access of that. But that is not guaranteed.

It's only registering a serial number with your account of this forum, there are no additional personal details that are needed.
    Thanks! I got Vicky 2 and Ricky off steam so I guess I'd better register. (also need the guide badly!)

51 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IIMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneWarlock 2: Wrath of the NagasEUIV: Art of War

Will there be release candidates of the patch released in the Technical Support forum, like for HOI3?

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2

Sounds good.
    Will army sizes be overhauled so that you are less likely to see 120k of Russians in Alaska in 1850 and 100k armies marching through the Rockies?

Having spent so much time making a realistic supply level system in HoI3, it'd be nice to see some of it ported to Vic2.
    Economics is extremely useful as a form of employment for economists.

- John Kenneth Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by BRK View Post
    Thanks! I got Vicky 2 and Ricky off steam so I guess I'd better register. (also need the guide badly!)
    In that case, Steam will do all the patching for you. You would still need to register your gamekey for the guides and access to the subforums, I would recommend that!

--

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast