Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: The Second Hint

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeOm View Post

Rabble, rabble, rabble
    I have readied my pitchfork, just in case...
    "Hic iacet inclitus Godefridus De Bulion qui totam istam terram acquisivit cultui Christiano, cuius anima cum Christo requiescat. Amen."
    -- Alleged inscription on the tomb of Godfrey of Bouillon, Advocatus Sancti Sepulchri

200k clubCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
    On that note, it'll be great if a new version of Crusader Kings is developed that incorporates not only the high and late middle ages of the current game but the early middle ages from fall of Rome.
    Sure. And CKII wouldn't need to reach 1453 as it predecessor since EU3:HTTT starts at 1399, so pushing the date backwards may be a good choice.

But judging by the wikipedia links in the CK Facebook page, if there's ever a CKII it will probably start with the First Crusade in 1096 instead of the original 1066. Anyway, 1096-1399 seems a pretty good timeframe for it.
    1 Clerk
    Nationality: Catalan
    Religion: Atheist
    Ideology: Liberal
    Issues: Protectionism / 5 Hour Max Work Day
    Current Work: Cement Factory
    Cash Reserves: Enough
    Revolt Risk: 1.8%
    Militancy: 4.3
    Consciousness: 7.8

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 Complete500k club

"In democracy, it's your vote that counts. In feudalism, it's your count that votes."
    Quote Originally Posted by JRHINDO
    Yea if the game was modeled more toward dynasty/personnal gameplay than province rule.
    There never was such a thing in Three Kingdoms (The dynasty part). Rulers were extremely conditioned by the officers, and picking anything but the eldest child (Like Yuan Shao did) basically meant civil war. That's why Cao Cao innevitably picked Cao Pi, and that's why Liu Bei and Zhuge Liang decided to get rid of Liu Feng sooner rather than later and innevitably picked Liu Shan, and that's why Sun Quan never gave Sun Ce's posthumous son Sun Shao any relevant office. When Sun Quan made his successor his youngest son, Sun Liang, he encountered heavy opposition by his own officers, and had to go on a executing spree which didn't even spare his own clan members to make sure his decision would be accepted. Then Sun Quan dies and his heir is 9 years old, and has to be submitted under a regent, and that spelt his own dynasty's downfall right there.
    "Chavez is leading his people into better future, after ages of explotation they have something to be happy about. Positive thing is also that he suport good causes all over south america and world too a sign of true greatnes." -Ivio
    "Yes, Stalin said the same thing." -Tufto

"I think I'm going insane. I can like FEEL each second and minute passing and it's making me go insane because like I could be building skills in those minutes instead of making a forum post or listening to music or g-chatting with a colleague. I can feel it in my brain and in my body. It's terrible.[...]Anyone else have this?" -EFT
    "Only when I read your posts." -trajan

200k clubDarkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIIron Cross
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    There never was such a thing in Three Kingdoms (The dynasty part). Rulers were extremely conditioned by the officers, and picking anything but the eldest child (Like Yuan Shao did) basically meant civil war. That's why Cao Cao innevitably picked Cao Pi, and that's why Liu Bei and Zhuge Liang decided to get rid of Liu Feng sooner rather than later and innevitably picked Liu Shan, and that's why Sun Quan never gave Sun Ce's posthumous son Sun Shao any relevant office. When Sun Quan made his successor his youngest son, Sun Liang, he encountered heavy opposition by his own officers, and had to go on a executing spree which didn't even spare his own clan members to make sure his decision would be accepted. Then Sun Quan dies and his heir is 9 years old, and has to be submitted under a regent, and that spelt his own dynasty's downfall right there.
    Thats right except my post was unrelated to RoTK

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by CatalanNation View Post
    Sure. And CKII wouldn't need to reach 1453 as it predecessor since EU3:HTTT starts at 1399, so pushing the date backwards may be a good choice.

But judging by the wikipedia links in the CK Facebook page, if there's ever a CKII it will probably start with the First Crusade in 1096 instead of the original 1066. Anyway, 1096-1399 seems a pretty good timeframe for it.
    Why? This game is and should be more than about the Crusades. It should be about the Middle Ages. And 1453 is the notional end of the Middle Ages.

The real question is why EU starts at 1399 when it should really be starting at 1453 at the earliest.
    Traits: Thrifty clerk, Poet, Kind, Deceitful, Charitable, Wroth, Proud, Ambitious, Arbitrary, Homosexual, Zealot

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold500k club

serpent

originally the serpent was a symbol of fertility so my thoughts maybe something for Rome second Eu3. But Eu3 has surly been fertile for paradox. CK2..well why not.

Firmly loaded with Saxon/Aztec fighting spirit!
    "I will find a way, or I will make one" Hannibal!
    And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day. Henry the V

AoD development team.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Well fertility was actually a (hidden) character stat in CK so...

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    This was "Stewardship"

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne
    EUIV: Art of War

nvm

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Ancient Egypt
    "Están locos estos romanos..."
    Obelix

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5