• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
"And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived." - Numbers 21.9

If it's anything, I reckon PI will be putting a lot of weight behind it. So fingers crossed for CK2.

Second hint?

ok this is just random bible quoting mixed with some Chamber of Secrets enthusiasm..

generally speaking though, this is all very secretive:

CK2 (I wish) since serpent-like intrigue was a thing there
EU3 expansion, since more intrigue could be appreciated in there
Rome expansion, maybe all the bible quoting is meant to hint at adding christians (dunno, never played Rome, don't even know how far the timeline stretches)

Even if it's something totally left-field-random.. I'll still be following it with interest

My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?

After the Lord helped free the children of Israel from bondage, Moses led them in the wilderness for 40 years. The Lord provided for all their needs. When the people complained and were not grateful for all Heavenly Father had done, the Lord sent serpents among them, which bit some of the people. The people knew they had sinned for not being grateful. Moses prayed for them. The Lord told Moses to make a brass serpent and set it on a pole for the people to see. The brass serpent represented the Savior's sacrifice. The Lord promised that everyone who had been bitten would live if they looked at the brass serpent.

Artist, Judith Mehr

Must be CK 2 eh... ;)

The serpent in symbolism means deceitfulness, guardianship and vengefulness. It's also identified as wisdom and cunning in deception especially from the Old Testament perspective.

The object that was referred to in Numbers 21:9 is Nehushtan.

The Nehushtan (or Nehustan, Hebrew: נחושתן or נחש הנחושת), in Judaism, was a sacred object in the form of a copper snake upon a pole. King Hezekiah (reigned 715/6 – 687) instituted a religious iconoclastic reform and destroyed "the brazen serpent that Moses had made; for unto those days the children of Israel did offer to it; and it was called Nehushtan." (2 Kings 18:4); the Masoretic text does not in fact say so, but rather "he [Hezekiah] called it Nehushtan".[1] The Priestly source of the Torah says that Moses used a 'fiery serpent' to cure the Israelites from Snakebites (Book of Numbers, chapter 21:4-9), though the tradition of naming it Nehushtan is no older than the time of Hezekiah.

Jesus also compared himself to Nehushtan and I found a few images with the serpent on the cross like this:

Nehushtan.jpg

Serpent wrapped around a pole curing people? That's obviously a symbol of modern medicine. Paradox are remaking Theme Hospital

Afaik, thats actually not supposed to represent snakes, thats a medieval interpretation. Its supposed to represent the stick used to get some kind of worm infestation out of the body, by "spinning" the worm slowly onto the stick.

Cant remember the name of the parasite, though.

I'm definitely interested in a game where you can be deceitful and vengeful and plot. Even if it's not CK2, I'm interested.

At least it won't be EU, HOI or Vicky type games. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.