• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JeanNYGUARD

First Lieutenant
28 Badges
Dec 1, 2004
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Victoria 2
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Semper Fi
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
I am a long time Paradox fan. Since HOI (Original ;) ). I couldnt wait for Vicky 2 to come out since I LOVE Vicky 1. The only thing is recently I switched my system to Mac, so I have to port it over using Crossover or Wine. When The Victoria 2 Demo came out I struggled to get it to work but havent been able to. Another guy told me its because the game registers a error where it says I have too little memory (4GB RAM, 512MB ATI Radeon 4800 series). I want to buy Vicky 2 right now but I want it able to work.

I wont switch back to Windows because after 22 years of dealing with corrupt dll files, corrupt bios issues, loads of viruses, malware, Java and Flash problems, Hard Lock outs with Windows 7, and everything else that comes loaded with Windows. I find that The Mac OS X is a AMAZING operating system. Very Clean, simple to use. No problems at all. Never knew a computer could be this easy to use. Thats why I refuse to put garbage (Windows) on this Mac.

So my question here is ... has anyone been able to port Vicky 2, HOI3, etc. to The Mac?

I bought vic2 for windows but i would like to play it on mac too:(. Is there a way to play it on mac without buying it again:confused:?

Most Gamersgate games come with both versions if available.

no i mean i buyed it before the mac version came out. I didn't know that there would be a mac version

Yes but when the Mac version came out you may have had it automatically added to your games list at Gamersgate.
This may be the case with other on line retailers as well you would need to consult them.

Normally Virtual Programming is very slow with ports and patches, but the Mac version of Victoria 2 came out less than a month after the PC version did. It runs fine, works with major mods, and 1.2 patch came out 2 days after its PC counterpart. A lot of the time VP can be very frustrating with ports (HTTT took 5 months) but there work and it's speed on Victoria 2 is incredible.

So, to answer your question, not only is there a Mac version of Victoria 2, its already out :D

Normally Virtual Programming is very slow with ports and patches, but the Mac version of Victoria 2 came out less than a month after the PC version did. It runs fine, works with major mods, and 1.2 patch came out 2 days after its PC counterpart. A lot of the time VP can be very frustrating with ports (HTTT took 5 months) but there work and it's speed on Victoria 2 is incredible.

So, to answer your question, not only is there a Mac version of Victoria 2, its already out :D

is it on steam yet?

Hey, I thought I'd bump this post to see if there was any news on Victoria 2 for Steam?
I already bought the game on steam and recently bought a mac, so I would like to be able to play it on that aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.