• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
CaptRobau,

No time for feeback, just yet, but for future reference, is there any V2 mod that would be particularly suited to provide a detailed event situation surrounding the USA and slavery options? It's just something that's been on my mind for the last few days. Something kind of like VIP for V1.

Thank you for all who are still commenting! I'll be done with my book soon and can return to the Paradox Universe! Thanks also for those who have voted for I Am Siam in the AARLand Choice AwAARds! No necessity to vote for any of my AARs, but it would be good if you could vote to keep the concept and community running! They're a little short on votes this month, I think.

Thanks!

Renss

I think Frymonmonn did something like that....

What was your infamy at the end?
And when it peaked?

Holy crap, that was a damn good read. I think says something about your character that you were displeased with third place . . . while playing as SIAM.

This AAR reminded me a lot of my first V2 game ever, playing as Belgium. Especially the needing telephones for dreadnoughts part! Thanks for bringing back fond, fond memories.

I want to apologize for leaving this feedback for so many long months! Some of you know I've been working on publishing a book, and even though I've published more than a half-dozen 100-page books for Paradox games, I'm finding it quite a bit more of a challenge to publish a longer book. It's been taking me quite a while to finish the editing, etc.

But I promise I'm coming back! For sure! :) Just not right away.

In the meantime, here we go with feedback.... Thanks for your continued attention to this story, many of you!

No!
I meant K.u.K!

Seine Kaiserliche und Königliche Apostolische Majestät

Yes, sorry I misunderstood! I'd enjoy doing Austria. I've run out of time to work on Paradox stuff recently, but I miss it and hope to get back to it soon. We'll see.

Congratulations on a good end :D

Thanks, Henry! It was quite a fun game, and story. I was happy to have you begin following before the end!

A-H would be fun to read. I've been tempted to try a game with them, myself (not as an AAR).

Like I mentioned to Enewald, I agree -- Austria Hungary has always fascinated me. And my first experience with Prussia in V1 turned into quite a polyglot empire like Austria's, and so I have a feel for managing that sort of weird demographic.

Just wanted to say what a great AAR! I've loved reading most of your AARs and this one was no different. I learn more from these AARs than anything else.

Thank you, Graymane! I appreciate your readership, and your compliment! Now, forgive me if I've forgottten -- I don't remember if you've posted in I Am Siam before, so just in case I'm going to say Welcome! :)

Wow...fantastic job man. I just got V2 the other day, after a Steam sale, and the very first thing I did was launch a game as Siam. And the very next thing I did was cry as China steamrolled across my borders in 2 years. After reading through this, and going down a bit on difficulty (my first Paradox game, forgive me!) I finally got to civilize, and now I'm playing around in a stalemate war with Dai Nam. Really good work, very instructional, and nice to see that my dreams of a mighty Siam are not impossible!

Oh, and sorry if this is considered making a zombie thread: as is obvious, I'm rather new here:eek:o

Welcome, Flakdragon! Sorry it's taken so long to respond back. That's great that you're trying again as Siam -- keep at it! Glad this AAR has been helpful. China's always a queasymaking neighbor, eh? lol

Great job and a good ending!

Thank you, TekcoR! I appreciate it!

I think Frymonmonn did something like that....

Thanks, WelshDude! I'm afraid I've lost the train of conversation to know what you were referring to -- one of my proposed "next V2 mission" scenarios, surely. But I don't remember which one, and maybe you don't either.

An epic story!

Thank you, Surt! I really appreciate it.

Definitely my favorite AAR. :D

Thanks, Yodaime! And Welcome! I'm very proud that it's your favorite AAR -- I aim to provide education and entertainment.... and I usually end up producing a continual supply since my AARs are so long! :D

What was your infamy at the end?
And when it peaked?

Welcome, Gremlok! Wow. That's a difficult question to answer since it's been a while since I finished. I see my Infamy in 1935 was 150, and I think it subsided a bit since I didn't go to war at the last, so I'd guess it was maybe 140 or so at the end. My peak? It's possible 150 was it, but seems to me like I might have been higher than that at some point -- I just don't remember for sure.

Great AAR. Like all of your AAR's a super enjoyable read.

Hey, Welcome iBaLkiD! Great to see you pop on over! Thank you -- I really appreciate the praise!

Holy crap, that was a damn good read. I think says something about your character that you were displeased with third place . . . while playing as SIAM.

This AAR reminded me a lot of my first V2 game ever, playing as Belgium. Especially the needing telephones for dreadnoughts part! Thanks for bringing back fond, fond memories.

Welcome, BrotherSurplice! Glad you enjoyed it so much! :) Yeah, I can see Belgium as a good comparison play -- better starting position, maybe, but just as locked in by other powers, etc. And yes, those telephones!

You remind me (by your comment about finishing 3rd) that this is only my second completed AAR! I've started many others, and never really ended them (still in progress). You might check my signature to see if there are others you might enjoy. Fire Warms is my first finished AAR (as Prussia in V1), and I finished 1st (though that's more understandable, starting as a major already). Sforza!!! was my EU 3 monster (bigger than this, by far), where I took the relatively small power of Milan to prominence. My others are mostly HOI 3 right now, all still very much in progress.

Thanks again, everybody, for your readership! This remains one of my favorite games to play and favorite AARs to write. Once this book is out the door, I'll be getting back to my HOI 3 games/AARs, and after I complete at least one of them you'll probably see me back here with another V2 game. I also really want to try CKII when it comes out.

Rensslaer

All this time you've been playing without me Renss? *Huff* Well I've read though it all, and you've tipped the balance for me returning to AARland and buying Vicky 2. Good job! ;) (And yes, that is my first subscription in... 2 years?)

Last edited:
Rensslaer said:
Thanks, WelshDude! I'm afraid I've lost the train of conversation to know what you were referring to -- one of my proposed "next V2 mission" scenarios, surely. But I don't remember which one, and maybe you don't either.

I was talking about this:

No time for feeback, just yet, but for future reference, is there any V2 mod that would be particularly suited to provide a detailed event situation surrounding the USA and slavery options? It's just something that's been on my mind for the last few days. Something kind of like VIP for V1.

All this time you've been playing without me Renss? *Huff* Well I've read though it all, and you've tipped the balance for me returning to AARland and buying Vicky 2. Good job! ;) (And yes, that is my first subscription in... 2 years?)

Thanks, Robou! :) Great to hear that you're playing V2 now!

I am still hoping to do a USA scenario sometime. I guess the new US-Centered add-on is out now. If I have money maybe I'll get to try it out.

Who are you playing? If you've started an AAR and I didn't notice, it's just because I stop maybe once every couple of days for a quick look. Just too much going on RL to be able to be back here alot.

I DO want to thank all of you who voted for Siam and/or Kriegsgefahr (and I think Imperio got a vote or two also) in the AARLand Choice AwAARds! Siam tied for first in Vicky Gameplay for 2011.

Thanks again, everybody who's still reading this!

Rensslaer

Two quick things...

1) Thank you VERY much for those of you who supported I Am Siam in the balloting for the VictAARian Cross (Best Completed AAR of 2011)! If you didn't already know, thanks to you, this AAR tied for SECOND! A Silver VictAARian Cross (and the 2nd VictAARian Cross I've earned, the first being first place for Fire Warms the Northern Lands).

2) In case you didn't know, the voting for the AARLand Choice AwAARds for 2nd Quarter 2012 is now underway. Obviously this AAR isn't competing, so I'm not urging votes for myself (though for the first time it's been encouraged by the Mods that authors solicit votes in order to encourage participation), but many other worthy V2 AARs are, as well as AARs for other games. If you read AARs, go vote! If you don't read AARs, go read them.... then vote! :)

Thank you again!

Rensslaer

Rensslaer: Thanks again, everybody who's still reading this!

yeah, that includes me ! !

that said, i will finish it !

Rensslaer: Thanks again, everybody who's still reading this!

yeah, that includes me ! !

that said, i will finish it !

Glad you're still working on it, Roy! Let me know what you think once you get there.

I've started another V2 AAR, recently (in my sig), and once I finish Imperio Novo I'll be updating my other 2 HOI AARs too.

Busy busy! :) Thanks for stopping in!

Renss

I haven´t got anything to say related to this AAR other than this (actually, it came to my mind a long time ago, but I never got the idea to post it):

Do you know the song Y.M.C.A.? I´m Czech, and when I was young (I´m still young though), I heard this song once in the radio and of course I didn´t know the lyrics, so with my basic English, I managed to sing "I am Siam" instead of "Y.M.C.A.". You´re American, so you never got into this strange situation, but try it out yourself; it fits! :)

Sorry for OTing this AAR, yet I might read it later on, if I´d like to learn V2.

I haven´t got anything to say related to this AAR other than this (actually, it came to my mind a long time ago, but I never got the idea to post it):

Do you know the song Y.M.C.A.? I´m Czech, and when I was young (I´m still young though), I heard this song once in the radio and of course I didn´t know the lyrics, so with my basic English, I managed to sing "I am Siam" instead of "Y.M.C.A.". You´re American, so you never got into this strange situation, but try it out yourself; it fits! :)

Sorry for OTing this AAR, yet I might read it later on, if I´d like to learn V2.

Sorry, Ikareses -- I just saw this.

lol Funny about I Am Siam -- I can just see that! :)

You'll enjoy Victoria! I just read through your "Last Stand" HOI AAR.... which is INSANE! lol

Rensslaer

Sorry, Ikareses -- I just saw this.

No problem, just don't rape my nickname please :sad:

lol Funny about I Am Siam -- I can just see that! :)

You'll enjoy Victoria! I just read through your "Last Stand" HOI AAR.... which is INSANE! lol

Rensslaer

I'm sure my temporary update blackout helped you a lot with catching up. As you can see, I'm not even able to get to HoI at the moment, let alone learning something new. I'm also OOM right now...