+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UTP, Unlimited Time Patch Victoria 2?

UTP, Unlimited Time Patch Victoria 2?

Great kings and ruler, there is already a utp for Victoria 2?

Corporal
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Semper FiVictoria 2

Yes, you can just go to common/defines.lua and change the ending date there - voila, works perfectly (tried it too!)

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by G_C View Post
    Yes, you can just go to common/defines.lua and change the ending date there - voila, works perfectly (tried it too!)
    Without any bugs? Sounds greet! I hate time limits!

Corporal
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Semper FiVictoria 2

So far, I haven't had a single bug related to the limit extension (and I'm now well into 1940s) - will let you know if I come across anything critical.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Do you have to start a new game when you extend the time limit or can you continue playing with your save game?

EDIT: Nvm, works with savegame
    Last edited by Phrolex; 16-08-2010 at 17:18.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

how do set the start date though, like to anytime before 1836?

edit: i figured it out. if you want to change the start time you also have to match the start date with the date in the bookmarks.txt found in the common folder.

Where/how do you find this common/defines.lua thing. I'm new to this lol

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

in your vicoria ii/common folder.
    I can forgive, but i can´t forget.

And luckily the reality has no advertising budget...

Commander of the 1st South German Jäger-Regiment, in the Victoria II forum jacobin revolt.

i tried doing this but it said access denied?

The access denied can happen if the game is located in your Program Files folder. To get around this you can copy the defines.lua to your desktop, edit the file, then copy it back and overwrite (it will ask for administrator permission to do this).

okay i edited it but im not sure how to copy it back and overwrite it...

+ Reply to Thread