• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

pacja

Captain
105 Badges
Dec 20, 2009
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Surviving Mars
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
Greetings guys,
where can i find the amount of points avaible to influence other nations? I've been searching through the manual, the strategy guide and googled it in this forum, but i haven't been able to sort the exact number. I'd like to be sure that influencing one more nation will not slow down the process going on the old ones. Diminishing them doesn't seem to raise the value higher than 0.1/day, but there must be a cap, otherwise the AI would influence everyhing... :confused:
Thanks in advance for every help you will provide.

I think it does. Easy to check. If you tick one box for Country A and hover, it will tell you how many points you accrue. Now tick one box for Country B and go back and check. I think it will have gone down.

You have a fixed number of influence points, which you spread according to your set priorities. I dont know the number for sure, but let´s say it´s 10. You influence 4 nations, 3 with maximum priority, one with the minimum priority - the former get 3 points, the later 1 (per day). Now you start influencing a fifth with medium priority: Nation A-C 3/12 * 10 = 2.5 each, D 1/12 * 10 = 0.83, E 2/12 * 10 = 1.66, sum: 10.

It´s a simple allocation game. Influencing everything makes you influence everything too slow to have any effect - focusing on a few allows you to go faster, as the sum of influence spent in total remains constant.

EDIT: I *think* ´the number´ could actually be ´1´ - which would neatly give diplomatic influence a meaningful currency to count it in, each point equaling the total influence of a grand power for a day.

You get a base of 0.25 points per day, which is spread around with your priority. This is modified by different modifier for each country. Such as relative score, neighbor, capitols on different continent, and discredit modifiers.

In my current game as SP the rate of increase of my "influence points" (those used for GP actions) is incredibly slow. In an earlier game it took no more than 5-10 mins (real time) for my points to replenish making GP actions on neighbouring states a fairly active, and rewarding, process. At my current rate of accrual I have not been able to initiate one single GP action in about 50 years of game time! I have no infamy and can use the diplomacy points (those for non GP specific actions) as they renew quite quickly. What affects the rate at which these influence points increase and how can I change it?

You get a base of 0.25 points per day, which is spread around with your priority. This is modified by different modifier for each country. Such as relative score, neighbor, capitols on different continent, and discredit modifiers.

Wow - i didnt know most of this. Thanks!

I think I may have answered my own question - the rate of increase of influence points is based on things like prestige, military power etc and is applied to all countries evenly across the world. To increase influence points in relation to one country you have to use the priority bars to do so - increasing priority directs the influence points to that specific country or countries and makes GR actions more frequent.