+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Amount of Influence points

Question Amount of Influence points

Greetings guys,
    where can i find the amount of points avaible to influence other nations? I've been searching through the manual, the strategy guide and googled it in this forum, but i haven't been able to sort the exact number. I'd like to be sure that influencing one more nation will not slow down the process going on the old ones. Diminishing them doesn't seem to raise the value higher than 0.1/day, but there must be a cap, otherwise the AI would influence everyhing...
    Thanks in advance for every help you will provide.

Crusader for True Inflation Emre Yigit's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Europa Universalis IV

I think it does. Easy to check. If you tick one box for Country A and hover, it will tell you how many points you accrue. Now tick one box for Country B and go back and check. I think it will have gone down.
    To every man upon this earth / Death cometh soon or late. / And how can man die better / Than facing fearful odds, / For the ashes of his fathers / And the temples of his gods...?

You have a fixed number of influence points, which you spread according to your set priorities. I dont know the number for sure, but letīs say itīs 10. You influence 4 nations, 3 with maximum priority, one with the minimum priority - the former get 3 points, the later 1 (per day). Now you start influencing a fifth with medium priority: Nation A-C 3/12 * 10 = 2.5 each, D 1/12 * 10 = 0.83, E 2/12 * 10 = 1.66, sum: 10.

Itīs a simple allocation game. Influencing everything makes you influence everything too slow to have any effect - focusing on a few allows you to go faster, as the sum of influence spent in total remains constant.

EDIT: I *think* īthe numberī could actually be ī1ī - which would neatly give diplomatic influence a meaningful currency to count it in, each point equaling the total influence of a grand power for a day.

Chairman of the Bear Republic joelzhl's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

You get a base of 0.25 points per day, which is spread around with your priority. This is modified by different modifier for each country. Such as relative score, neighbor, capitols on different continent, and discredit modifiers.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

In my current game as SP the rate of increase of my "influence points" (those used for GP actions) is incredibly slow. In an earlier game it took no more than 5-10 mins (real time) for my points to replenish making GP actions on neighbouring states a fairly active, and rewarding, process. At my current rate of accrual I have not been able to initiate one single GP action in about 50 years of game time! I have no infamy and can use the diplomacy points (those for non GP specific actions) as they renew quite quickly. What affects the rate at which these influence points increase and how can I change it?

Quote Originally Posted by joelzhl View Post
    You get a base of 0.25 points per day, which is spread around with your priority. This is modified by different modifier for each country. Such as relative score, neighbor, capitols on different continent, and discredit modifiers.
    Wow - i didnt know most of this. Thanks!

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I think I may have answered my own question - the rate of increase of influence points is based on things like prestige, military power etc and is applied to all countries evenly across the world. To increase influence points in relation to one country you have to use the priority bars to do so - increasing priority directs the influence points to that specific country or countries and makes GR actions more frequent.

+ Reply to Thread