Closed Thread

Thread: Ethnic cleansing and population exchange

Ethnic cleansing and population exchange

Any way to implement this?
    Is it already in?
    The Young Turks did it systematically in the 1900s(marching battalions etc).
    The Greeks did it in Macedonia and expelled the Slavs even as late as 1949.
    I mostly try it by recruiting brigades of unwanted nationalities and send them to their deaths.
    What about population exchanges? After a series of bitter wars(1897, 1905(Macedonian struggle), 1912, 1913, 1914-18, 1919-22) the Greek and Turkish goverments decided enough was enough and mass exchanged their ethnic populations.
    There are numerous other examples(as the Germans after WW2).
    Maybe a diplomatic option there?As part of a peace treaty?
    I suppose these matters are maybe too unpolitically correct for a video game company but still i think it would be a proper feature. I mean trail of tears is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Palaiologos View Post
    Any way to implement this?
    Is it already in?
    The Young Turks did it systematically in the 1900s(marching battalions etc).
    The Greeks did it in Macedonia and expelled the Slavs even as late as 1949.
    I mostly try it by recruiting brigades of unwanted nationalities and send them to their deaths.
    What about population exchanges? After a series of bitter wars(1897, 1905(Macedonian struggle), 1912, 1913, 1914-18, 1919-22) the Greek and Turkish goverments decided enough was enough and mass exchanged their ethnic populations.
    There are numerous other examples(as the Germans after WW2).
    Maybe a diplomatic option there?As part of a peace treaty?
    I suppose these matters are maybe too unpolitically correct for a video game company but still i think it would be a proper feature. I mean trail of tears is in.
    We are not alowed to talk about this things in the forum + there are some assimilation events and with some fantasy...............

Quote Originally Posted by GrafKeks View Post
    We are not alowed to talk about this things in the forum + there are some assimilation events and with some fantasy...............
    What, why not?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k club

There is already enough pop exchange/assimilation in the game. Way too much actually - after a few decades the "native" population in a conquered states is already the minority...

Forum Rules

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    Lead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black Cove
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    StarvoidThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesPride of Nations500k club

Nobody reads the stickies anymore.

Bad mojo Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Please read the rules before starting a thread.

Closed Thread