• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Upgrade your naval bases.

+ Try to conquer a few micronations around the world and construct lvl 2 naval bases there. I built bases on a few provinces in Central America, Indonesia and Hejaz, the result was that I could colonize anywhere in the world except at the very bottom of the map.

That's ridiculous.

You can colonize Africa in EU 3 rather easily.

but not in 19th century???:confused::confused:

The easy colonization of Africa in EU3 is extremely ahistorical. Due to problems with climate, natives, and local diseases, colonizing the interior of much of Africa was effectively impossible for European powers during EU3's time frame. It's the major reason the center of the continent is permanent terra incognita in that game. Only medical and technological advances made in the 19th century made this possible, which Victoria simulates.

Colonisation

This is going to sound really dumb but after looking through both the tech guide and manual I couldn't find which techs allow me to colonise places with low "life ratings". I'm Argentina and really want to grab Patagonia before someone else does but I just can't move in, it keeps saying the liferating is too low.

Hello fellas.

This is my first post here. I read the beginning of this thread and now I know that I need the 3techs and national focus. But I just want to wonder something that is connected to the issues:

When I sailed with my fleet, carrying 11 units, down to Zulu in South Africa. I declared war on them and tried to deploy my units on the coast. But my ship was not abled to dock in the Zulu harbour.

Is this because of the same reason like I do not got required tech ore something? (I bought the game yesterday and checked all in-game tutorials)

Did you already take the province? You can only dock ships in provinces you own/taken. If not, click on your transport again and you should have clicked on your army. Right click them on land and they will start landing.

just unload them like that. then when you gain control of a province, you can put your ships in port.

You start able to colonize empty territories with a liferating of 35. Most of Africa is 15. The following techs lower liferating:

Medicine (by 5)
Nationalism and Imperialism (by 10)
Machines Guns (by 10)

Since you need to lower by 20, you need at least N&I and MGs - and since MGs is only available in 1870, you'll need to wait until about 1871 before you can start colonizing those lands.

I'm confused. In my game it's only 1862 so there's obviously no way machine guns is reasearched but i see Russia Colonizing just north of Alaska. I mouse over it and it says life rating of 15....... how????

Okay I understand now. No i did not own the province. But how are you supposed to take over african nations when you live in Mecklenburg? I must dock my troops somewhere right?

You can unload your troops from the boat while it's in the water, did you know that? Click on the navy while it's on the coast of the country you're at war with, then press that little green button in the bottom right, and you can move your troops onto the hostile territory.

I hope I'm not being condescending, this is something most players would know, but as you just got the game I wondered if you knew that troops could unload from boats without docking in a harbour.

aronnov: Either there is a province in the region with 20, or the Russians were able to do it with just Medicine and Nationalism & Imperialism technologies. There are a few provinces that are colonizeable before machineguns, but most are inaccessable from Europe.

One easy colonizable province is an island souteast from brazil. It needs only 30, an easy medicine. Any country from south america should be able to colonize it, but if it takes to long to get to medicine GB usually gets it, does anyone knows a province like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.